You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
3r22r

Christmas T-61

6 comments in this topic

[TRGT]
Members
190 posts
3,889 battles

Bought 3 X 5 Mega Santa's Mega Gift and out of 15 I got a Monagham and finally a T-61 Tier VI

I wonder if people find those specials worth it because its really a roll of the dice.

Played one game and at first impression its nice.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
20,396 posts
11,320 battles

They really aren't worthwhile in that simply buying the ship is probably less expensive unless you are really lucky on a small buy as I was in buying five mega crates and getting the T-61. I just find them fun although I don't enjoy slot machines, go figure.

[PSV]
Privateers, Supertester
5,521 posts
5,721 battles

Monaghan is essentially either a Benson at tier 6 or a worse Farragut. It depends on your hull and torpedo selection

T-61 is just straight up better than its tech tree counterpart

You got a couple of nice prem DDs

Edited by Personator

[LOU1]
Members
3,664 posts
9,884 battles

A lot depends on how much you value signals and camos, too.  The stock I get around this time has been lasting me through the summer in the past.  And, even though I will have to use Doubloons to buy it this time, the Premium time has usually taken me through October.  On top of this, I have spent about $80 on myself so far this year and have gotten about $250+ in ships (7).  Not to mention the Doubloons and coal.  I also get to send some Secret Santa gifts out, any other time of the year that would make people suspicious.  And, it is fun to see what comes out.  Its probably a good thing I don't have a lot of funds to throw at the crates :Smile_Default:

[SYN]
Members
7,417 posts
12,561 battles

Enjoy both those DDs, they are fun. Monahan isn't particularly good but its B hull with TRB is a lot of fun. T-61 is pretty killer, just gotta avoid gun fights

Members
532 posts

In the Santa crates I got a Monaghan, Aushan, Z-39 and a Haida.

I am  a tier 5 Japanese CA player and using a Umikaze in learning DDs. I tried out my DDs knocking off the snowflakes, just quick CoOp games. The Haida seems a very nice Tier VII and I played the Aushan and had a good game in her.

How does the T61 compare to the Aushan? I know the Aushan is a better gun boat.

But I was wondering if, since the T61 is avaliable in the preimum shop  for now, if it would be a good idea to get it while I can or if the ones I have now will do everything the T61 will do, or close enough?

I would prefer a tier V, and stay in the Japanese tech tree but it is very unlikely a Kamikaze will show up in my port soon.

But in the CV rework AA may become a very important so what is best now may not be later. The Monaghan may be interesting with AA with the B hull and the extra 40 mm guns even though it loses two 5" guns..