You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
KumquatOfPain

Commander Ship Specialization Meaning?

6 comments in this topic

Members
10 posts
2,608 battles

I'm a long time player, but generally have no interest in the "economy" of things.

However, after playing an Operation I was awarded with a 10 pt. Captain. Besides the obvious free XP points, I see the following "Specialization: Hashidate".

What does this actually mean? Everything I've read is cryptic or makes no mention of what "specialization" actually does for you. Does this mean he's essentially a Japanese Cruiser captain, so he'd fit well with my Yubari, Furutaka, etc.?

[PSV]
Privateers, Supertester
5,521 posts
5,704 battles

The specialization: ship_name is essentially the only ship he will "captain" effectively. If you throw him onto any other ship (excluding premiums), you must retrain him for that particular ship. Additionally, any skills you forced him to "learn" will be good for whatever type of ship you put his skill points into

[HINON]
Supertester
20,949 posts
14,557 battles

It means he's trained for Hashidate, and using him on any other Japanese ship that isn't a premium or an ARP ship, he'll have penalties to his performance.

In order to use him on your Furutaka you need to retrain him to the Furutaka. Failing to do so will mean he will have penalties.

However, you can use him in your Yubari regardless what his specialization is, since Yubari is a premium ship.

[LOU1]
Members
3,658 posts
9,868 battles

Training is 50% off this weekend, so you should do that now to assign him to a Tech Tree ship if you want to save some Doubloons.

Edited by ExploratorOne

[CRMSN]
Members
8,255 posts
8,702 battles
1 hour ago, KumquatOfPain said:

I'm a long time player, but generally have no interest in the "economy" of things.

However, after playing an Operation I was awarded with a 10 pt. Captain. Besides the obvious free XP points, I see the following "Specialization: Hashidate".

What does this actually mean? Everything I've read is cryptic or makes no mention of what "specialization" actually does for you. Does this mean he's essentially a Japanese Cruiser captain, so he'd fit well with my Yubari, Furutaka, etc.?

It literally means he's spec'd to that ship. You have to either pay to retrain him to a new tech tree ship, or use him on a premium ship.