Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Steel_Coffins

Prestige T10 Ships how best to creat them?

Prestige T10 Ships how best to creat them  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Prestige ships are they needed and was my sugestion a good way to go about it?

• Yes
    • No

14 comments in this topic

[ANZ4C]
Members
34 posts
12,045 battles

So I recently saw a youtube video about how to include "Prestige Items" in the game to improve the quality of the game.

Just for clarification a "Prestige Item" is different to a "Premium Item" in that it offers no real in game advantage (or so little as to be insignificant) but allows other players to know that that play is a pro at the game.

My thoughts on how to create a T10 Prestige Ship are simple but seem appropriate.

The T10 prestige ship has exactly the stats and as the T10 normal ship but a different name, most ships in the series were not one offs so that should be easy. But other players will be able to recognise the player pro status just by the name.

To get the T10 prestige ship you have to grind using the normal version off that ship. The amount of XP would be huge something like times 10 the amount needed to the T10 ship from T9.

NO FREE XP can be used to buy it cheap and it never on sale.

Any special camos you can use on the regular T10 can be used on the prestige T10 but if you want to put the Legendary upgrade on it you have to grind that using the prestige T10 ship.

and just as a little reward for getting the prestige ship it could cost 5% less to repair than its regular version and the captain of the regular version would be able to command the prestige version without retraining (its not game breaking and makes it easier to show off)

So why would you want to do this?

GLORY AND SHOWING THAT YOU CLIMBED THAT MOUNTAIN!

RESPECT FROM YOU PEERS!

or on a more practical side you can set it up differently to your normal version without having to pay all those costs each time you want to try something different.

So like my idea or have one of your own? post or vote in the poll.

• Boring 1

[WOLF3]
Members
20,446 posts
18,810 battles

Don't Steel Ships already fulfill this in the game?  Steel is a very precious commodity in WoWS and there's numerous, special ships only attained with this resource.  So when you see someone with Flint, Black, Stalingrad, Bourgogne, you know they're not exactly chumps in this game.

• Cool 1

[HYDRO]
Members
3,242 posts
4,810 battles

The only issue I can think of is that in games like CoD for example where the idea originates, you can do a prestige within a week without much trouble. The idea of prestige is that you advance through the levels quickly.

In your proposal you would have to grind 2 MILLION XP in your scenario in a tier X, at the moment a very popular tier. There's climbing a mountain, and then there's climbing the Himalayas with you walking there from your home.

If we had to go for "prestige" style items, emblems, special flags, horns, alternate camouflage patterns would be the way to go. 

If I offered a "reset prestige", I would have the ships cost in XP and modules 1/5 of what the normally would, since by the fluff of the game you already have the technology. Obviously no Free XP would be usable, unless for modules possibly. That could lead to quick and dirty prestiges that you could do multiple times. Do a prestige 3-4 times and you get a flag with +5% credits and XP, similarly to the one that already exists.

Then, once a month you could  also start weekly "races" for a specific tier/line, with varying rewards for the top spots.

[WMD]
Members
825 posts
7,065 battles

I support the idea of a prestiege system, but I like the idea of restarting the line from the begining and working up again. It provides a reason to go back and replay some less than stellar boats, and requires you sacrafice something to do it.

I like your idea for a different name from the class for the ships as you move up the tiers, and maybe a different camo, flag, etc. as well. That way even if you decide to keep boat anywhere in the line it is apparent that you have gone through the prestiege line.

I think the steel ships reflect a different type of prestiege and should remain as they are.

[SALVO]
Members
21,032 posts
21,114 battles

Honestly, I hate any idea that forces you to grind a single ship of a single tier.  It's a big reason why I dislike the Legendary modules.  I have no desire to really grind tier 10 ships just for a unique upgrade of questionable value.  I would VASTLY prefer that the legendary upgrades were able to be earned in a far less painful and grindy manner.   Say (with the current model of legendary upgrades), maybe grinding out the missions in any ship of tier 5 or above for the same type and nation.  This would be a bit of an issue for situations where there were 2 lines for that ship type and nation, such as the Russian and IJN DDs or the USN cruisers.  But at least it'd be one hell of lot less painful.

[SALVO]
Members
21,032 posts
21,114 battles
2 minutes ago, VeatherVitch said:

I support the idea of a prestige system, but I like the idea of restarting the line from the beginning and working up again. It provides a reason to go back and replay some less than stellar boats, and requires you sacrifice something to do it.

I like your idea for a different name from the class for the ships as you move up the tiers, and maybe a different camo, flag, etc. as well. That way even if you decide to keep boat anywhere in the line it is apparent that you have gone through the prestige line.

I think the steel ships reflect a different type of prestige and should remain as they are. 

Good lord, NO!!!!  There's not a chance in hell that I'd give up all of the ship's I've earned and purchased in a given line just for the sake of "prestige".  I worked for those tier 10's and no way would I give them up.  You need them for clan battles and occasionally for Ranked.  So why in hell would I want to give up the ships I used for those events for the sake of what sounds a lot like bragging rights?!

• Cool 1

[WMD]
Members
825 posts
7,065 battles
Just now, Crucis said:

Good lord, NO!!!!  There's not a chance in hell that I'd give up all of the ship's I've earned and purchased in a given line just for the sake of "prestige".  I worked for those tier 10's and no way would I give them up.  You need them for clan battles and occasionally for Ranked.  So why in hell would I want to give up the ships I used for those events for the sake of what sounds a lot like bragging rights?!

The point would be for those that wish to, not everyone would. Why not make an option for those that are willing to do it?

I am quite sure that there are ways around it for ranked, we already get rentals so the code to grant ships for CW already exists.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,504 posts
12,810 battles
1 hour ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Don't Steel Ships already fulfill this in the game?  Steel is a very precious commodity in WoWS and there's numerous, special ships only attained with this resource.  So when you see someone with Flint, Black, Stalingrad, Bourgogne, you know they're not exactly chumps in this game.

No, steel ships are exclusive content, where as his suggestion is essentially a premium skin for an existing ship.  The current system is unique ships locked behind a playwall, which is much different.

[SALVO]
Members
21,032 posts
21,114 battles
1 hour ago, VeatherVitch said:

The point would be for those that wish to, not everyone would. Why not make an option for those that are willing to do it?

I am quite sure that there are ways around it for ranked, we already get rentals so the code to grant ships for CW already exists.

Or why not go for a prestige system that does NOT require you to give up any ships?  

[SALVO]
Members
21,032 posts
21,114 battles
30 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

No, steel ships are exclusive content, where as his suggestion is essentially a premium skin for an existing ship.  The current system is unique ships locked behind a playwall, which is much different.

Well, sort of.  But that paywall, aka steel, is something that usually requires you to do well in clan battles or ranked battles, which is sort of a way of earning prestige, I suppose.  Personally, I don't like Ranked for this purpose because it's just too damned grindy.  I suppose that even CBs might be seen as grindy, though it is a bit more fun.

OTOH, the idea of a "premium skin" or premium camo for an existing ship sounds interesting, as long as it didn't require giving up ships you already owned.  I guess that the question then would be, how does one acquire that, let's call it, prestige camo?  And what benefits does it give you?  At a minimum, I'd think that it would have to be as good as the benefits you get from regular premium camo one buys with doubloons.

Another idea might be for it to come in the form of a flag.  OTOH, flags aren't something that you can see on other ships unless you're really close, whereas camos/skins can be recognized at somewhat greater distances, since they cover the entire ship.

Something else.  To some degree, there's a prestige system of sorts already in the game, the ship type and national emblems that indicate a certain level of proficiency with the given ship type or nation's ships.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,504 posts
12,810 battles

The benefits should be looking different.  It should be about prestige, not about advantages.  The best players do not need advantages, no matter how they may want them.

[SALVO]
Members
21,032 posts
21,114 battles
2 hours ago, crzyhawk said:

The benefits should be looking different.  It should be about prestige, not about advantages.  The best players do not need advantages, no matter how they may want them.

You shouldn't have to give up the benefits that you'd get from tier 10 5,000 doubloon premium camo just to have a "prestige camo".  The benefits you get from tier 10 premium camo are too good to be thrown away just for looks.

Sign in to follow this