Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
iDuckman

Shoot for the Stars - feedback?

10 comments in this topic

[WOLF9]
Members
9,414 posts
4,243 battles

An interesting little mini-event that I accomplished last night.

It occurs to me, though, that there is no indication that I satisfied the conditions and will get Coal and a shot at Cossack.  Yes I took screen shots so I can prove that I *should* get them, but when Dec. 14 rolls around and I have to pull out the pics because I didn't get the Coal as expected, it means I will have missed the drawing,** and that can't be recovered. 

So I'd feel a lot more comfortable were there some acknowledgement of my success.  I say this not from paranoia, but because of WG's spotty record with rewards.

** I really would like a shot because I won't get the 50 Guineas.

[SUPRS]
Members
559 posts
3,082 battles

Yes, there's no indication of what you have completed, or need to do to complete, or what is available to complete. I personally ignore missions since I can't figure out what the missions are or how to do them. that way, I don't get the rewards and I don't feel bad about not getting them. I used to try when I started playing but gave up after a month.

Members
5,524 posts
6,219 battles

My feedback? Pick a better Op next time or let it be done with any Op. Or, just fix Newport so it's not so tedious, annoying, and boring. Heck, I think after our attempts last night, I'd rather have been playing Ultimate FU instead.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,962 posts
21,911 battles
4 minutes ago, GhostSwordsman said:

My feedback? Pick a better Op next time or let it be done with any Op. Or, just fix Newport so it's not so tedious, annoying, and boring. Heck, I think after our attempts last night, I'd rather have been playing Ultimate FU instead.

I agree. This is one of the most terrible operations. I played 10 and got in only two five stars. Players fail terrible at stopping the first waves plus most cruisers/dd commit suicide because they ignore that they can be healed.

[WOLF9]
Members
9,414 posts
4,243 battles
30 minutes ago, GhostSwordsman said:

My feedback?

24 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

This is one of the most terrible operations.

Reading is hard.  I'm not asking for your feedback, but telling WG that I'd feel more comfortable with its feedback to my results.

Ghostie, did you get all the stars you needed?

• Boring 1

[O_O]
Members
84 posts

I am in the same boat; I opted in for the event and completed 5 Newport 5 star runs...but I have no idea if the wins registered or not.  I was expecting the 500 coal received would be telling enough, but after the 5th run I didn't receive anything.  The coal isn't really a big deal, but not knowing if the work I put in (all my 5 stars were with randoms) will be registered or not is...worrying.  This frustration is similar to the Ship of the Week event.  While the event was awesome with having a chance at winning premiums, not knowing if the games you played counted or not was a headache.  Regardless, I am excited that WG created a mini event based on Operations, and I hope to see more in the coming weekends!

Members
5,524 posts
6,219 battles
1 hour ago, iDuckman said:

Yeah, I actually got all 5 Friday night. Last night I was just willing and trying to help anyone who hadn't gotten all 5.

My bad on incorrectly reading the intent of the thread. I still think they could have picked a better Op though. But you have a good point, it might have been better if we got the coal as soon as we completed five 5 star runs. At least then a player could tell when they accomplished the main challenge/task.

[DPG]
Members
1,471 posts
6,421 battles
3 hours ago, iDuckman said:

Reading is hard.  I'm not asking for your feedback, but telling WG that I'd feel more comfortable with its feedback to my results.

Here is an idea.  Send a pm to one of the many moderators on this forum to get their feedback. 

[WOLF9]
Members
9,414 posts
4,243 battles

It's ... it's ... a movement.  Many players migrating over to agree with me.  Such a phenomenon cannot be captured in a private message.  I know you don't like my posts. Well, I don't like your avatar.

3 hours ago, GhostSwordsman said:

I still think they could have picked a better Op though.

I don't disagree.  <ahem>  "You might well think that.  I couldn't possibly comment."

[WOLF9]
Members
9,414 posts
4,243 battles
4 hours ago, Rustyhole said:

(all my 5 stars were with randoms)

Now, that is impressive.  Nice!

Sign in to follow this