You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
UraraShiraishi

Bug? Glitch? Hack? TB torp hit shows "flooded by Algerie"

16 comments in this topic

[MEOW]
Members
185 posts
3,522 battles

Guys I encountered a really weird death today. In a Nagato, I was 1v1ing an Algerie,.I saw her wall of torps go past me, and I blew her up with my main battery. Immediately after, I dodged some torps from TB's in a 90 degree angle, taking one hit. I had sufficient HP to survive that hit, but suddenly my ship blew up, and it listed the Algerie as the killer, "killed by flooding" it said.

It was confusing as I didnt ram her, and I never saw a second wave of Algerie's torps. I asked the chat, and an enemy BB responded with "detonation" and that it was shown in the chat. However I didn't see it in the chat, and I don't have a medal or a notification for it either. Those were torpedo bomber torps and I was supposed to survive them!!

So, what do you think? Bug? Glitch? Hack? What is the problem?

Here is the replay link https://replayswows.com/replay/37035#stats

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,550 posts
12,291 battles
1 minute ago, mavfin87 said:

Sounds like a detonation, or a glitched one. 

yeah there's been "roaming" glitch torps since Alpha. WG can't seem to fix those for some reason.:fish_aqua:

BTW Shiraishi, when' season 2 coming?:crab:

[WOLF2]
Members
417 posts
7,133 battles

You got hit by a plane torp and an Algerie torp at almost the same moment. The previous torps that missed you were from the Gaede.

Not sure why it's not just a torp kill. I guess the last bit of health registered as flooding.

Edited by khan1670

[WOLF2]
Members
417 posts
7,133 battles

These are the last torps that miss you, but they are not from Algerie as there is a Gaede near. Just after this you kill the Algerie who has now launched torps.

shot-18_12.09_15_15.10-0980.thumb.jpg.438535a2c362abcbd573659ea1a1b211.jpg

Then you try to dodge the plane torps taking one hit, but look whats coming from Algerie!  :Smile_trollface:

shot-18.12.09_15.20.27-0768.jpg

Edited by khan1670
  • Cool 1

[MEOW]
Members
185 posts
3,522 battles
9 hours ago, BladedPheonix said:

yeah there's been "roaming" glitch torps since Alpha. WG can't seem to fix those for some reason.:fish_aqua:

BTW Shiraishi, when' season 2 coming?:crab:

oof

wg: sorry game machine broke:fish_boom:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa i heckin want a s2 because this show was qt and also comfy and they didnt overdo the 12 year old jokes (and also many quality waifus even if most didnt get enough screen time)

10/10

[MEOW]
Members
185 posts
3,522 battles
8 hours ago, khan1670 said:

These are the last torps that miss you, but they are not from Algerie as there is a Gaede near. Just after this you kill the Algerie who has now launched torps.

shot-18_12.09_15_15.10-0980.thumb.jpg.438535a2c362abcbd573659ea1a1b211.jpg

Then you try to dodge the plane torps taking one hit, but look whats coming from Algerie!  :Smile_trollface:

shot-18.12.09_15.20.27-0768.jpg

You are seeing Algerie's torps in the replay? When I played mine I never saw her torps lmbo ==" Also was there a flesh wound message or anything for Algerie in the uploaded replay? Because I didn't see that either lmbo :etc_swear:

edit: I forgot to mention Gaede's torps lmbo, but prior to that Algerie also launched a wall of torps and none of them hit, and those torps were the ones I was talking about.

Edited by UraraShiraishi
not gaede torps

[MEOW]
Members
185 posts
3,522 battles
9 hours ago, khan1670 said:

You got hit by a plane torp and an Algerie torp at almost the same moment. The previous torps that missed you were from the Gaede.

Not sure why it's not just a torp kill. I guess the last bit of health registered as flooding.

I was talking about Algerie's torps she launched before Gaede did and they all missed. Looks like I forgot to mention Gaede's torps whoops:fish_boom: 

Also on my screen I never saw Algerie's torps. For my uploaded replay did you see a Flesh Wound message or something?

[NGAGE]
Supertester
2,088 posts
11,598 battles

9 hours ago, UraraShiraishi said:

I was talking about Algerie's torps she launched before Gaede did and they all missed. Looks like I forgot to mention Gaede's torps whoops:fish_boom: 

Also on my screen I never saw Algerie's torps. For my uploaded replay did you see a Flesh Wound message or something?

That is the desync issue someone mentioned above.  What you see on screen is not what is actually happening on WGs server.   I was recording a match once, and got hit by a torp that I dodged on my screen (it exploded about a full ship length behind me), yet in the replay you clearly see it strike me. 

Not much you can do but sigh, go back to port and restart your client, and in the future keep in mind that what you are seeing may not always be what is actually happening *shrug*.  Sorry.

Members
23,173 posts
5,841 battles

Heh, I still wonder why a CV I killed with Gneis secondaries, (got the Close Quarter award) showed up in the results as killed by me, but with an AP bomb lol (our CV was deplaned by then)

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
4,729 posts
15,145 battles
19 hours ago, UraraShiraishi said:

"killed by flooding" it said.

I'll check the replay later, but I can say from previous experience that the method of destruction is sometimes in error.  Many reports of ships being destroyed by torpedoes where the source (ship) of destruction doesn't even have torps.  The destruction method can also be a function of the damage tic system.  If you are on fire, and flooding, and get struck by a round and a torpedo...the method of destruction could be any of the four instances of damage...depending on what damage was ticking when the destruction occurred.  And as mentioned at first, the source and the method can be mutually exclusive.

Edited by Soshi_Sone

[DNGRZ]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,253 posts
5,749 battles
16 minutes ago, SyndicatedINC said:

That is the desync issue someone mentioned above.  What you see on screen is not what is actually happening on WGs server.   I was recording a match once, and got hit by a torp that I dodged on my screen (it exploded about a full ship length behind me), yet in the replay you clearly see it strike me. 

Not much you can do but sigh, go back to port and restart your client, and in the future keep in mind that what you are seeing may not always be what is actually happening *shrug*.  Sorry.

This so much. It's very annoying. 

[WOLF2]
Members
417 posts
7,133 battles
15 hours ago, UraraShiraishi said:

I'd have to look again, but you did dodge some earlier torps, but I'm pretty sure were also from the Gaede. The Gaede kind of circled around you from the west to the NW of the map and ends up near your cap.

He even blew his smoke at one point, I assume because he knew he'd be spotted.

Didn't notice any message but there could have been.

[WORX]
Members
4,229 posts
15,313 battles

Hmmm, you dont have Aslain's DMG counter  mod? Its very useful in those confusing situations in where you don;t know, or when you ask yourself, who finished me off?

After battle, It should say in the detailed report tab, who sunk you.

Take a snap shoot of that and with the replay to see if they concur/coincide. 

Right now. Lack of evidence tells me the Frenchie ship sunk you and the records in the game agrees. IF that is the case, No bug..

GL and HF

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,550 posts
12,291 battles
18 hours ago, UraraShiraishi said:

oof

wg: sorry game machine broke:fish_boom:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa i heckin want a s2 because this show was qt and also comfy and they didnt overdo the 12 year old jokes (and also many quality waifus even if most didnt get enough screen time)

10/10

I agree. another manga series I have that is somewhat simuliar is Monthly girls No-zaki-kun, though I think the anime is a bit better.:cap_hmm:English dub for it isn't half bad either, which is rare given today's "sloppy talent"

but then I found this gem and can't wait for it to be avalible! the facial drawings are what make this one so funny!:Smile_veryhappy:

• Boring 1