You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
HorrorRoach

Kronshtadt game

10 comments in this topic

[BS]
Members
1,515 posts
8,065 battles

I recorded it at double speed so you can watch it faster (last half of a match). Don't bother getting up close with this thing, the dispersion is terrible no matter what the range is. You have to aim a little below the waterline to get more citadels up close, but the dispersion is so wonky (Like Roma) that you can hardly score any good hits. You're better off trying for lucky plunging fire citadels on cruisers. i saw Flamuu citadel a cruiser with it at a strange angle earlier today. I had so many ships dead to rites in this clip. The amount of overpens was gross. The Salem is the only one i was able to punish, it's actually funny how bad the guns are on this thing. I've had this ship since it came out, and this is why I barely play it. Do not waste 750,000 free xp on it. For some reason SubOctavian thinks it's overperforming. That might just be a skill bias due to better players having more free xp to blow. i can only imagine how hard potatoes will fail in this ship when they buy it because it's going away. Well, maybe it'll get buffed due to power creep one day. Honestly, i think wargaming just wants to forget about this ship completely.

Edited by HorrorRoach

[BS]
Members
1,515 posts
8,065 battles
30 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

I want to feel some of your shots were poorly aimed. Did you try taking it in training room to check?

Yeah, no. Anyway, High velocity guns are known for overpenning. And having terrible vertical dispersion. I shot at broadside targets like 7 times and got nothing but overpens, and LUCK when i deleted the Salem.

I'm starting to think aiming at the waterline in Kronshtadt is bad because the shells fly in a conical pattern, they never hit the middle of your aim regardless of range. So, if you aim a little higher or lower then the water line, those off center shells might actually hit the citadel.

Members
983 posts
18,781 battles

Wow... uh... hmm.....

I was sitting at forum main debating whether to extol this ship when I noticed your post. I mean, I love this boat. Now, I have the long range gun and the better aiming thingy, but I sail it with my 15pt Orlan captain with his Orlan specs, and I have an absolute BLAST in this thing. I stay at extreme range whenever possible (>19km) and do alright against Yammy's, Musashi's, Montany's, Kurfursties, any cruisies, often coming away with many citadels per game.

The only reason I wouldn't recommend it is so that others aren't in a highly potent cruiser like me. ;) I waited and fretted and read and fretted and asked and fretted before finally vomiting 3/4 of a million XP I was building for the Missouri WG said "would be there" for me. I'm having about as much fun in Kronshtadt as I did in my pre-neutered Black Swan.

I guess this boat is an example of "one man's trash is another man's treasure."

Edited by theLaalaa

[VW]
Members
2,599 posts
14,662 battles
1 hour ago, theLaalaa said:

Wow... uh... hmm.....

I was sitting at forum main debating whether to extol this ship when I noticed your post. I mean, I love this boat. Now, I have the long range gun and the better aiming thingy, but I sail it with my 15pt Orlan captain with his Orlan specs, and I have an absolute BLAST in this thing. I stay at extreme range whenever possible (>19km) and do alright against Yammy's, Musashi's, Montany's, Kurfursties, any cruisies, often coming away with many citadels per game.

The only reason I wouldn't recommend it is so that others aren't in a highly potent cruiser like me. ;) I waited and fretted and read and fretted and asked and fretted before finally vomiting 3/4 of a million XP I was building for the Missouri WG said "would be there" for me. I'm having about as much fun in Kronshtadt as I did in my pre-neutered Black Swan.

I guess this boat is an example of "one man's trash is another man's treasure."

Do you have mushy?

[BS]
Members
1,515 posts
8,065 battles

This shot says it all, lets see if it works. Rear gun fires at Worcester as I go behind an island, aiming directly at the waterline. All 3 shells, in a triangle pattern, fly up and to the right. Which is extremely odd because sigma usually prevents shells from being tightly grouped off center like that. Sigma represents an ellipse with a gradient of probability for where the shells go.

Lsg4ru.gif

Now look at this probability ellipse, similar to the Kronshtadts conical dispersion pattern. The odds of 3 shells flying like that seems pretty unlikely, but stuff happens like that all the time. i really wonder if it's sigma really is 1.8 or whatever.

image.png.adc3d53f5b36c68fd7cea68c6c3ae8f6.png

Edited by HorrorRoach

Members
4,094 posts
15,015 battles

I got Kron in a Christmas crate and have been trying her out in Co-op. she seems like a pretty good bote and her dispersal, while far from being tight, aint anywhere near as bad as Roma and Kii since Kron's guns will reliably hit other things besides water. I noticed that with AP she overpens Cruisers a lot but her HE works very well on Cruisers.

BTW, is it me or does Kron catch on fire super easily and often? As in everytime a HE shell hits her?

Edited by ReddNekk

[EGO]
Members
3 posts
6,720 battles

i saved up for the kron after getting the musashi  im very dissapointed in it overall the dispersion if horrible and not even reliable , random super tight and accurate salvo then 15 that are all over the place, played it up close  far away dont matter for me , spent time in training room trying to figure out if happy distance and cant get reliable results with it.. 

as for the overpen issue i expected that with large caliber high muzzle velocity guns  

i seem to get the best accuracy kiting away from targets shooting over the shoulder to my rear