Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
AMajor

Need to commiserate with my fellow dd captains

3 comments in this topic

[DBM]
Members
423 posts
5,617 battles

Played a game two days ago where I did just over 100k damage, played quite well if I say so myself, and our team still lost. 

I was driving a Yugumo (a new ship for me).  She's setup with consumables and Captain's skills as a torp thrower.  I, along with a cruiser,  engaged almost 1/3 of the red team in contesting the western C cap while 2/3 of my team went for the eastern A cap. I kept sending torps into the cap, and the red team kept turning away.  My cruiser ended up nailing the Gearing as he was dodging my torps.  I think that he was frustrated with me not entering the cap, so he decided to push and got himself killed.  As soon as that happened, two BBs and a cruiser started pushing the cap (silly captains).  It was intense, but by the time that it was over a T10 BB was dead and a T9 cruiser and T9 BB had lost 1/2 of their health and moved away.  I captured the cap.

Meanwhile, my team had capped A (eastern) and were on their way to B cap the last time I checked the minimap.  The fight with the two BBs and cruiser kept my attention forward so once it was done, I glanced at the minimap to see how close the cavalry were and to my amazement, most of them were dying in or near the B cap.  I don't know how or why they got themselves brutalized, but they did.

I kept fighting and throwing torps, but the weight of numbers finally caught up with me.

I'm still chewing over this battle.  I played it right, and we still lost.  Grumble, grumble.  I guess that I wanted to vent to someone.  Feel free to tell your own story.  It'll probably make you feel better.

[90TH]
Members
972 posts
8,849 battles

Yah happens all the time. Hard to control the other flank to keep them from evaporating. If the other side dies even when they have 2:1 advantage, it’s just one of those 30% of games that are unwinnable.

Members
1,024 posts
4,226 battles

I win 15 battles in a row then jebait myself by playing my cursed gearing and dropping its winrate far below all my other winrates I sold it recently and dismissed my 19 point on it out of spite

Sign in to follow this