You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

Question for owners of the Flint and Black

23 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
11,727 posts
7,526 battles

What are the service costs for these ships with their standard permacamos fitted? I appreciate that ammo consumption adds to this, but if I know what the fixed costs are I know if it's a viable option for co-op. Otherwise I might as well spend steel on coal ships at 10:1 and be happy.

• Funny 1

[WOLF2]
Members
3,278 posts
14,884 battles
17 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

What are the service costs for these ships with their standard permacamos fitted? I appreciate that ammo consumption adds to this, but if I know what the fixed costs are I know if it's a viable option for co-op. Otherwise I might as well spend steel on coal ships at 10:1 and be happy.

Credits have little marginal value in game and after a while you'll stop even noticing your credit balance … 

Steel is still rare and has value since there are at least 4 ships only available through steel - that is unlikely to change

Coal is common currency now :)

Don't ask about Fxp … it's a seeeeecret 

Edited by Commander_367
  • Boring 2

[ARGSY]
Members
11,727 posts
7,526 battles
5 minutes ago, Commander_367 said:

Credits have little marginal value in game and after a while you'll stop even noticing your credit balance … 

I have only 12 million at present and am not far away from a ship which will take 17 million when all bells and whistles are accounted for. I envy those people whose balances look like the PTS at the start of a new patch. :Smile_teethhappy:

[PVE]
Members
15,152 posts
9,929 battles
28 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

As long as it doesn't have special rules, like Salem's built in -50% to stack on top of the perma-camo's 50%, then this table will give you what you want to know.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Economy#Operating_Cost

• Cool 2

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
2,375 posts
6,269 battles
16 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Just refer to the WoWs wiki on the economy page and scroll down to service cost.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Economy#Earning_Credits_and_Experience

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
11,727 posts
7,526 battles
1 minute ago, Kizarvexis said:

special rules, like Salem's built in -50% to stack on top of the perma-camo's 50%

Yeah, that's what I want to know; whether they have favourable rules.  The RN event has given me a new appreciation of co-op, and having ships that are economical to run there is going to be a high priority for me next year. Fortunately, until RN carriers arrive I don't see much in the way of expensive purchases in the pipeline. 

[ARGSY]
Members
11,727 posts
7,526 battles
6 minutes ago, TheGreatKiller26 said:

image.png

-20% is the standard for a T9 permacamo, isn't it? 

Thank you for this info. Much appreciated.

[WOLF2]
Members
3,278 posts
14,884 battles
23 minutes ago, TheGreatKiller26 said:

Never use steel to buy coal ships... 

Doesn't everyone know this by now? 

Maybe not :(

[ARGSY]
Members
11,727 posts
7,526 battles
7 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

I'm going to compare the service costs against the Musashi and the Neptune when I next get the opportunity to fire up the game. The issue here is whether the Black at T9 has a baked in service bonus on the scale of the Salem. Looking at the above screencap, I think I'd be better off right now running Musashi and Black in co-op than I am running Neptune in Randoms! :Smile_trollface:

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
2,375 posts
6,269 battles
5 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I'm going to compare the service costs against the Musashi and the Neptune when I next get the opportunity to fire up the game. The issue here is whether the Black at T9 has a baked in service bonus on the scale of the Salem. Looking at the above screencap, I think I'd be better off right now running Musashi and Black in co-op than I am running Neptune in Randoms! :Smile_trollface:

Salem is not exactly unique, it's just that WG decided that tier 10 "premiums" gets the service cost that is half that of the normal tech tree ships just like how tier 9 premiums are.

The Salem just so happens to have a permanent camo that provides the same cost reduction on tech tree tier 10 camos.

Also note that service cost in co op are already reduced by 25% compared to the service cost in random battles

[WOLF2]
Members
3,278 posts
14,884 battles
13 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

If you like DDs and are worried that an OP T9 steel ship like the black can't make credits - don't buy it :)

Credits in random and co-op are the same no?

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,677 posts
20,680 battles
12 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I bought the Musashi thinking I just wanted another tier 9 to farm steel with when the event hit the live server. I could have gotten Kron or Mooshashi and what pushed me to the IJN ship was the big guns that could pen ships thru the bow. If you have played co-op, you know the bots come at you nose first... It is annoying.. Anyways first or second game with her, I got a citadel on a bot Missouri who was nose to me. It was great, and fell in love with the ship. I can say that she earns good credits on top of that, haven't lost any which in itself is a good thing. I have been placing in the middle or upper spots in the scoreboard, nothing spectacular yet and she nets me just a bit under 100k credits, usually right around 80k, per match. I have NOT played her without premium time yet, but from the looks of it, will still not lose credits either. I had one especially bad match in her where I didn't score more than 20k damage before being done in by a Minotaur, but again did not lose credits although it may have been close without premium time. 

3 minutes ago, Commander_367 said:

Credits in random and co-op are the same no?

No

[WOLF2]
Members
3,278 posts
14,884 battles
20 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

No

I've never noticed a big credit nerf in co-op … maybe that's just me :)

Edited by Commander_367

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,677 posts
20,680 battles
8 minutes ago, Commander_367 said:

I've never noticed a credit nerf in co-op … maybe that's just me :)

In PvP play I can play a match and lose and earn as much credits as I can playing a co-op match and winning.... A win in PvP pays out an astronomical amount compared to a win in PvE. That is why many co-op players farm OPs because they pay out quite well compared to normal PvE play. 

One reason I play PvP is to grind up stock ships faster. Doesn't matter if I win or lose, will make credits and more xp than winning in PvE. The disadvantage to PvP is that it takes so freaking long and the matches are snorefests so I tend only to go there in tier 8+ ships since I can lose credits playing them in co-op, even on a win. Add to that the tiny minority of nasty players who make the PvP crowd look bad and the whole thing is just a bad experience. 

Edited by Taylor3006

[WOLF2]
Members
3,278 posts
14,884 battles
33 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

In PvP play I can play a match and lose and earn as much credits as I can playing a co-op match and winning.... A win in PvP pays out an astronomical amount compared to a win in PvE. That is why many co-op players farm OPs because they pay out quite well compared to normal PvE play. 

One reason I play PvP is to grind up stock ships faster. Doesn't matter if I win or lose, will make credits and more xp than winning in PvE. The disadvantage to PvP is that it takes so freaking long and the matches are snorefests so I tend only to go there in tier 8+ ships since I can lose credits playing them in co-op, even on a win. 

Ok, this has probably been calculated by someone … 

1) I don't see any difference in credits vs winning and losing in any game format …

2) What is the credit nerf percentage for co-op vs random … and is it as bad as the xp nerf?

In any case I can't see credits being a problem for T9 in any situation 

• Boring 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,677 posts
20,680 battles
1 hour ago, Commander_367 said:

Ok, this has probably been calculated by someone … 

1) I don't see any difference in credits vs winning and losing in any game format …

2) What is the credit nerf percentage for co-op vs random … and is it as bad as the xp nerf?

In any case I can't see credits being a problem for T9 in any situation 

Yeah has been discussed ad nauseam here in the forums. After the economic rework a long while back, someone did the math and came up with the numbers. You can make ALMOST as much playing PvE as you can in PvP (assuming a 50% win rate in PvP) because you can get 3 or 4 PvE matches done in the same amount of time you do one PvP match. Sheer numbers of games keeps the average co-op player not only in the black, but competitive in the "grind". 

There is a huge difference in credits on a win (in either mode) as opposed to a loss. Tier 8+ ships played in co-op without a premium account (or signals) will almost always cost you credits, sometimes shockingly so. I have placed at the top of the scoreboard and lost credits on a win playing PvE. You have to do really well playing the mode or buy premium time to earn a profit with most ships of high tier. There are exceptions of course like Salem, Tirpitz, Missouri, Musashi, and Atago. I think I might have missed one.. What you want to see in a co-op match is players who are not very good so you can farm the bots. Remember you are not competing against the bots, you are competing against your team for points. Only when the bots get the upper hand do you really need to focus and work together to secure the win. 

• Cool 2

[WOLF2]
Members
3,278 posts
14,884 battles
On ‎12‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 1:43 PM, Taylor3006 said:

There is a huge difference in credits on a win (in either mode) as opposed to a loss. 

Pretty sure I make the same credits win or lose in random, I assume it's the same in co-op

Now, credits in random vs co-op I haven't calculated, but you should be able to make something even at higher tiers

[FML]
Members
2,609 posts
12,342 battles
On 12/10/2018 at 3:48 AM, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Ah, not sure.  Will run a couple of battles in my Flint and let you know. 

But, separately, dont ever trade your steel in for anything.  Save it up, bank the gains from the Snowflake event, and see if you can buy the Burgogne, or some other fun steel ship in the future.  

The Coal ships are not that good, tbh.  

Edit: I put the base (standard) Flint camo back on for these: 

1: Win.  Damage was 60k. 

181212 Flint Credits.jpg

2.  Loss.  Damage was 57k. 

181212 Flint Credits - loss.jpg

Edited by UltimateNewbie

[PVE]
Members
751 posts
5,918 battles

I don't think I have ever lost credits playing a premium ship in coop. Tech tree ships can loose credits very easily at tiers 8 - 10 unless you have permanent camouflage though. The premiums I take to coop are Tirpitz and Atlanta because you can play them aggressively there. Sims is great in Dynamo. They all make good credits so Flint and Black should as well.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,677 posts
20,680 battles

Am thinking that Flint should do fine anyways in co-op play since it sits at tier 7, well unless you derp pretty badly and the rest of the team lose the match... Tier 8 is when it gets punishing so Flint should do about as well as Atlanta IMHO. Just speculation on my part based on my experience, I could be wrong.