You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
navy3001

what happen to the cv rework thread?

109 comments in this topic

[SBS]
Members
4,275 posts
2,408 battles
11 minutes ago, Crokodone said:

Why was it unpinned? 

They probably got tired of the whiners trying to poo-poo the idea.  That, and I think the rework is going to hit PTS next and live in the first patch next year. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
7,235 posts
8,389 battles
3 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

They probably got tired of the whiners trying to poo-poo the idea.  That, and I think the rework is going to hit PTS next and live in the first patch next year. 

basically, possibly, they got tired of trying to convince existing cv players on the TST server, who remain unconvinced, and decided "sod them" let's ignore everybody's complaints and stuff it down everybody's throats on the PTS server.

• Cool 1

[PQUOD]
Members
2,182 posts
9,834 battles

I was never able to try the test server for the CV rework. However to get a idea of what it will sort of be like I just started Z keying a squad of planes when I would send them out.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
6,241 posts
1 hour ago, Crokodone said:

Why was it unpinned? 

Because they can't stand to see feedback that isn't positive.

Just like every other gaming company.

49 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

basically, possibly, they got tired of trying to convince existing cv players on the TST server, who remain unconvinced, and decided "sod them" let's ignore everybody's complaints and stuff it down everybody's throats on the PTS server.

Exactly.

They never wanted fundamental feedback on whether to tear down 1/4 of the academy and replace it with a clown college... they just wanted us to nod and smile approvingly at the colors they'd already decided on for the paint and trim.

Edited by KilljoyCutter
  • Cool 1

Beta Testers
1,617 posts
8,251 battles
1 hour ago, Crokodone said:

Why was it unpinned? 

I'm gonna guess because it had ceased to be productive.  All the players who played the TST survey got to fill out a survey, which they could they use to detail complaints very thoroughly.  While the initial feedback in the thread was good it quickly became really repetitive.  It became dominated by a few very vocal players who disliked the rework conceptually, so pretty much all the actual feedback on the test itself got buried between arguments or proposals on how to keep the current system.

• Cool 6

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,113 posts
5,915 battles

i'm actually "mastering" the actual system,i never had problem shutting down ryujos with my independence and other higher tier  CVs.

truly the strafing mechanic is a game changer.

Edited by Cruxdei

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
7,235 posts
8,389 battles
5 minutes ago, Kenjister said:

I'm gonna guess because it had ceased to be productive.  All the players who played the TST survey got to fill out a survey, which they could they use to detail complaints very thoroughly.  While the initial feedback in the thread was good it quickly became really repetitive.  It became dominated by a few very vocal players who disliked the rework conceptually, so pretty much all the actual feedback on the test itself got buried between arguments or proposals on how to keep the current system.

forums are always dominated by more outspoken individuals, nevertheless, overall, they are representative of playerbase opinions, both fore and against (the rework, or any other subject).

• Cool 1

[LOU1]
Members
3,665 posts
9,892 battles

Threads have a timeout for being pinned in many cases.  They also get autolocked after a period of time.  For instance, after he unlocked it, Mr Conway stated the Blyska voting thread had gotten autolocked on EU because they neglected to keep unlocking it.  Maybe @Radar_X is the one to ask about this.

[WOLF1]
Members
4,327 posts
27 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

forums are always dominated by more outspoken individuals, nevertheless, overall, they are representative of playerbase opinions, both fore and against (the rework, or any other subject).

But, also, remember that 'majority opinion' and 'WoWS forums' are not always the same thing at all, and are many times mutually exclusive.

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
7,235 posts
8,389 battles
2 minutes ago, mavfin87 said:

But, also, remember that 'majority opinion' and 'WoWS forums' are not always the same thing at all, and are many times mutually exclusive.

Nobody knows what 'majority opinion' is. Neither you, nor I nor anybody else. No surveys of the entire active player base have been made. Or at least, none have ever been published.

The mistake many make is to think that WOWS is somehow a democracy, it isn't.

[WOLF1]
Members
4,327 posts
9 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

Nobody knows what 'majority opinion' is. Neither you, nor I nor anybody else. No surveys of the entire active player base have been made. Or at least, none have ever been published.

So, we do agree, at least on what I quoted.  I guess I go from the standpoint that it's the company's game to run, and if they don't like my feedback, or yours, or Joe X's feedback, they may have reasons, and those reasons may be wrong or right in the end, but, I feel like so many people think that 'giving feedback' is where they try to tell the company how to run their business, and that's not how that works.

The company makes the changes they think they need to do, and I either play the game and/or spend money on them...or I don't.  I have no way of telling what is actually needed or not needed.  If they change the game such that I no longer like it, then, well, I go find something else.  Of course, armchair game designers are also a pet peeve of mine...

Edit: Also, people automatically think that if WG doesn't do what the person giving the feedback wants, that they're not listening.  They're listening, but they always have other data to look at to make decisions around.  That goes back to my second paragraph.  I don't get insulted if they don't like my feedback.  It's up to them to run the game.  I just play it, or don't.  I don't take it personally if I turn out to not be the audience they wanted.

Edited by mavfin87

[NWNG]
Members
2,821 posts
4,689 battles
45 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

Volume doesn't mean one is right. Volume, doesn't mean more people agree. Those who have been very outspoken against the rework, have been loud (so to speak), louder than those who are for the rework. Those people have been against the rework from the very beginning, before public testing has begun. I have yet to see any new voices join the "Anti-CV-Rework" wagon, but I have seen more people jump on board with the Rework.

So not in all cases, does the forum represent the general playerbase.

We also have to remember, there is the EU and Asian forums that need to be taken into account. How many players in those areas, are for the rework, and against it?

Unless you are on all the forums, we only have the NA forum as our data for how many players are for or against. So the WoWS Community as a whole, only about 1/3 would be represented on the NA forum, 1/3 on the EU Forum, and 1/3 on the Asian Forum, assuming 100% of the playerbase even communicates on the forum.

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
7,235 posts
8,389 battles
4 minutes ago, Counter_Gambit said:

We also have to remember, there is the EU and Asian forums that need to be taken into account. How many players in those areas, are for the rework, and against it?

Eu forums appear to be predominantly negative. But we cannot know, what the majority opinion of EU server active players is. There is no way of knowing. No surveys are made. Even official pronouncements on the subject are misleading.

All we can do, is express personal, individual, feedback, rather than to pretend to speak for others.

[WOLF1]
Members
4,327 posts
3 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

Eu forums appear to be predominantly negative. But we cannot know, what the majority opinion of EU server active players is. There is no way of knowing. No surveys are made. Even official pronouncements on the subject are misleading.

All we can do, is express personal, individual, feedback, rather than to pretend to speak for others.

I also suspect that the 'We want the current way to stay' feedback is falling on deaf ears.  It appears that the decision has already been made to do something different.  Feedback on details of how that may be accomplished will probably be considered, but keeping what is here is most likely not even a choice they're considering no matter how loud people scream here.

Edited by mavfin87

[WGA]
Administrator
1,143 posts
13,812 battles

Heyo Captains

It was unpinned as the information had been extracted and fed onwards to the development team.

The thread is very much still available for comment and discussion however since the TST testing session has concluded it is no longer needs to be a featured topic.

We're welcoming of all feedback: positive or negative, so long as it is constructive. We are interested in hearing all opinions.

Fem,

• Cool 2

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
6,241 posts

So interested that you locked the TST behind WGC and invites, it seems.

And at least many of the supporters of the rework have very aggressively defined "constructive" as only that feedback that supports the rework.

Edited by KilljoyCutter
  • Cool 1

[FOG]
Members
530 posts
5,849 battles
1 hour ago, LoveBote said:

Indirectly this game is a democracy in that we get to vote daily both with our wallets and our feet. The problem is that we are often voting on entirely different agendas. I play this game for fun, nothing more or nothing less. WG has a direct primary financial incentive, which is effected by how many people play and spend money. Other players though have different ideas as to what constitutes "fun", be it clan wars or ranked. As a devoted Coop player I have an entirely different set of criteria by which to decide what is fun or not. I really enjoy the game mode I play and an willing from time to time to spend money (and time). My concern is that WG has a concept of success and "fun" that does not align with a significant proportion of the player population and can end up implementing an approach that will cause many people to leave.

[WGA]
Administrator
1,143 posts
13,812 battles
29 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

So interested that you locked the TST behind WGC and invites, it seems.

And at least many of the supporters of the rework have very aggressively defined "constructive" as only that feedback that supports the rework.

The TST server is not a regular server,  usually only used for internal testing and prone to issues (as witnessed on the first test session). It simply was not possible to open the floodgates to it. Considering the client is moving to the WGC it’s not that unexpected that we use that resource :) 

Invites were sent out to players of all skill levels to ensure a wide variety of types of players had the ability to provide feedback. Constructive feedback can be negative, it’s the difference between saying “X is stupid, you don’t know what you’re doing” and “X is stupid, it is bad because of A/B/C, it impacts Y”

• Cool 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
6,241 posts
12 minutes ago, Femennenly said:

Considering the client is moving to the WGC it’s not that unexpected that we use that resource :)

Well, on a side note, here's some feedback.

The day that WGC becomes mandatory is the day I quit WOWS.  There is no way I'm installing that invasive, buggy, nagging, bloated spyware on my computer -- any more than I've ever allowed Steam or Origins or anyone else's similar software on my computer.  The launcher is bad enough as it is, constantly having to restrict its access and re-disable the torrents manually.   What goes on on my computer is none of your business, and my computer is NOT your update server.  

And just like Steam, Origins, etc, WGC provides NOTHING of value to me.  All I need are updates -- which could just be distributed as downloads, really.

Edited by KilljoyCutter
  • Cool 2

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
7,235 posts
8,389 battles
3 minutes ago, Femennenly said:

The TST server is not a regular server,  usually only used for internal testing and prone to issues (as witnessed on the first test session). It simply was not possible to open the floodgates to it. Considering the client is moving to the WGC it’s not that unexpected that we use that resource :) 

My principle concern is that if the rework happens to quickly, I will have no hope of ever catching up with you beating your dmg score or getting 2000+ Graf Zep battles in time.

• Funny 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
20,445 posts
11,347 battles
3 hours ago, LoveBote said:

Well, most were little more than whining and demanding that the system doesn't change and even those suggestions from those that did spend some time thinking left far too much of the old system so it would pick up few if any players.

• Cool 1