You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
kgh52

DD's in coops

152 comments in this topic

[TDRB]
Members
2,838 posts
8,421 battles

One BB driver told me my job, as a DD driver,  on the two brothers' map was to guard the slot. He was rather irate since he was sunk early, at the bottom of the team score, did not sink an enemy ship and received a warning for doing damage to my ship. I guess in some players minds the other guy is their personal wingman to guard their tail. Plus all other should recognize this duty & except the role as an honor. His chat comments gave me this impression. 

Most, if not the vast majority, of coops are over rather quickly. In one coop two of us sunk 6 ships in about 4 minutes. I've been in coops on BB's where two salvo's was all I was able to get off. The BB was too slow to chase the enemy ships down. I'll cover those around me as most cover me if I'm near-by but I don't expect anyone to stand guard while I rack up damage points.

• Boring 2

[SYN]
Members
3,473 posts
17,197 battles

DD in Co-op:       Drive to middle of the map, hit smoke, kill bots      Q.E.D.

No time for setting up plays or you will miss out it's over that quickly.

• Cool 3

[KRAK]
Members
2,686 posts
17,356 battles
34 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

One BB driver told me my job, as a DD driver,  on the two brothers' map was to guard the slot. He was rather irate since he was sunk early, at the bottom of the team score, did not sink an enemy ship and received a warning for doing damage to my ship. I guess in some players minds the other guy is their personal wingman to guard their tail. Plus all other should recognize this duty & except the role as an honor. His chat comments gave me this impression. 

Most, if not the vast majority, of coops are over rather quickly. In one coop two of us sunk 6 ships in about 4 minutes. I've been in coops on BB's where two salvo's was all I was able to get off. The BB was too slow to chase the enemy ships down. I'll cover those around me as most cover me if I'm near-by but I don't expect anyone to stand guard while I rack up damage points.

If someone needs you to stand guard for them in coop they should not even be playing.

• Cool 5

[TDRB]
Members
2,838 posts
8,421 battles
9 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

Who cares, its coop. 

That's my point

Members
2,907 posts
6,019 battles
40 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

In cases like that click on the player and choose; PLAYER PLAYS POORLY.     Anytime there seems to be an ADMIRAL calling the shots - learn to IGNORE them....The ART of IGNORE...

Edited by dionkraft

[WOLF9]
Members
1,182 posts
5,156 battles

I usually try be a team player in Co-Op battles if I'm in a DD or cruiser and help out a slow standard BB, but Co-Op is like an arcade brawl compared to Randoms and Ranked. If you don't get stuck in, most of the time, you'll miss out on doing dmg and getting kills. Unfortunately, when a player readies up a BB, sometimes they aren't able to get into the action or will get picked off by a bot DD. It just happens sometimes. Anybody who has qued up a USN standard BB knows how painfully slow they are.

That BB player shouldn't have been b'iatching at you at all. You did nothing wrong.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,722 posts
20,718 battles

DD play in co-op is always a bit difficult unlike in PvP play. Bots always know where you are and come straight for you. Bots know what ammo you have loaded. Bots know the micro second you launch torps. Aggressive play sometimes works out, sometimes not. IMHO the best way to play DDs in PvE is to head towards your fleets most concentrated guns. This drags the bots right to the fleet. Spotting is irrelevant  for the most part when fighting bots. It isn't like they are hiding or running like PvP. They are charging, pretty simple. When the red bots get in range, smoke up near a BB, let them spot the reds while you blast the DDs and cruisers. Remember even in smoke, the bots are still headed towards you. Once they are all dead, you charge the BBs and torp them. 

When using a DD, avoid getting near the gap on the Two Brothers map especially in Domination mode (4 captures points). In Standard battle the bots will usually rush the gap but in Domination, they generally won't UNLESS a green DD is near the gap. 

• Cool 7

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,722 posts
20,718 battles
42 minutes ago, MikeLWX said:

Do whatever you want in Co-op.  It’s easy mode.

39 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

Who cares, its coop. 

Odd that you find the time to comment on a mode you don't care about. I suppose the correct thing to say is who cares what you butt sniffers have to say? 

Edited by Taylor3006
  • Cool 8
  • Funny 7
  • Boring 1

Members
349 posts
6,599 battles

Co-op games are over too quickly to be "guarding" anything, you slam the throttle forward all the way, charge the bot and keep shooting until the bots died or you're sunk.  Rinse and repeat.

In a battleship that is fairly quick (e.g. German or French), I usually end up ramming the bot.  In one game, I ask the others to hold fire while I rammed a bot CV, that was friggin hilarious.  :cap_haloween:

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[TDRB]
Members
2,838 posts
8,421 battles
1 minute ago, Taylor3006 said:

Odd that you find the time to comment on a mode you don't care about. I suppose the correct thing to say is who cares what you butt sniffers have to say? 

It is not that I don't care. It is that a person would think other players should protect him so he have a big score.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
2,400 posts
6,336 battles

Honestly I would usually go to the channel in two brothers because then the bots start to converge there and it's farming time for me.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
6,134 posts

Co-Op used to be for folks not interested in proving anything, or being too aggressive.

The New Co-Op earnable items have brought all the over-competitive A-Hulls into the fray, who seek an early way through the missions.

I played a few Random missions today, so I am becoming re-accustomed to their behavior.  And yes, they are infrequently found in Co-Op as well.

Fact is, good players don't give advise unless asked -- even if the last player is a potato who would better serve if they were AFK but are now charging the enemy to grasp defeat from the jaws of victory.

• Cool 3

[TDRB]
Members
2,838 posts
8,421 battles
11 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

Co-Op used to be for folks not interested in proving anything, or being too aggressive.

The New Co-Op earnable items have brought all the over-competitive A-Hulls into the fray, who seek an early way through the missions.

I played a few Random missions today, so I am becoming re-accustomed to their behavior.  And yes, they are infrequently found in Co-Op as well.

Fact is, good players don't give advise unless asked -- even if the last player is a potato who would better serve if they were AFK but are now charging the enemy to grasp defeat from the jaws of victory.

I have a 96% win rate in coop. in other words you don't loose many even if you are a potato. If you get sunk you exit & play another. A bot will get into your base from time to time when everyone else is chasing the enemy CV. Don't blame people if your coop experience is bad, it doesn't happen that often.

[DDM_]
Members
1,552 posts
4,343 battles
47 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

I have a 96% win rate in coop. in other words you don't loose many even if you are a potato. If you get sunk you exit & play another. A bot will get into your base from time to time when everyone else is chasing the enemy CV. Don't blame people if your coop experience is bad, it doesn't happen that often.

I find you don't loose things when you tighten them up myself, ymmv. 

• Funny 1

Members
4,094 posts
15,015 battles

I always get a good laugh when BB drivers, who's botes have the best survivability and highest alpha damage of any class, bleat for the CA/CLs and DDs to protect them.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[USCC2]
Members
4,775 posts

Every mode is there to be enjoyed, even Ranked etc - it's a game!

Each mode has a different approach and style of play, just work out what that play is, in what mode. Then couple that with playing to the ships strengths and if you're really lucky, communicate and you have the whole package.

There will always be some that want to tell you what to do; it's up to you if you think it's a good idea and whether you do it or not. :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 2

[_-_]
Members
2,114 posts
5 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

+1 :Smile_great:

• Cool 3

[DPG]
Members
1,471 posts
6,421 battles

Gosh, all this time I thought it was the DDs job in co-op to rush the enemy bots and fire off every torp in an attempt to rob the rest of the team from doing anything meaningful.  :Smile_teethhappy:  Who knew it was simply guarding the "slot" on Two Brothers.  BTW, doing anything with the Two Brothers "slot" is a guarantee to have the bots rush up the channel.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
1,468 posts
5,754 battles
7 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

Plus one, sir.  Plus one.

• Cool 3

[POP]
Members
1,333 posts
15,882 battles

DD play in co-op is always a bit difficult unlike in PvP play. Bots always know where you are and come straight for you. Bots know what ammo you have loaded. Bots know the micro second you launch torps. Aggressive play sometimes works out, sometimes not. IMHO the best way to play DDs in PvE is to head towards your fleets most concentrated guns. This drags the bots right to the fleet. Spotting is irrelevant  for the most part when fighting bots. It isn't like they are hiding or running like PvP. They are charging, pretty simple. When the red bots get in range, smoke up near a BB, let them spot the reds while you blast the DDs and cruisers. Remember even in smoke, the bots are still headed towards you. Once they are all dead, you charge the BBs and torp them. 

When using a DD, avoid getting near the gap on the Two Brothers map especially in Domination mode (4 captures points). In Standard battle the bots will usually rush the gap but in Domination, they generally won't UNLESS a green DD is near the gap. 

You risk people taking you seriously when your opening statement does not stand to statistical results in game which are easily available to anyone who wishes to look them up.

Attacks on a personal level probably will not help anyone take you seriously either. People having a differing value on a game mode than you really warrants grade school name calling? I fear what your reaction may be if someone doesn't like your brand of toothpaste or feels your favorite color is lacking In dazzle.

Edited by Alabamastan
  • Boring 2

[_-_]
Members
2,114 posts
6 hours ago, AVR_Project said:

That is true. However, it can be both helpful and entertaining.

PvP types in Co-op usually either over-extend too early (knowingly YOLO or under-estimate the bots aim) or head for the nearest island or map edge to hide. Then the salt shaker explodes.

Either way, more kills left for me. :Smile_playing:

• Cool 1

[4HIM]
Members
2,395 posts
7,404 battles
1 hour ago, Amenhir said:

BTW, doing anything with the Two Brothers "slot" is a guarantee to have the bots rush up the channel.

Good reason to drive toward it if you spawn in a DD in the middle.  Rush toward the gap.  Lob torps down the gap and turn away.  Almost always get a torp hit and frequently get a kill.  Once baited into making a gap run, the bots just run themselves into a shooting gallery.  Bots don't pull off the Flambass maneuver very well.  

When I play PvE, I don't frequently see the armchair admirals.  But when I do I just ignore them.  Unless they're unleashing some over the top profanity or racist laden tirade against someone.  If they do that I may report them (for all the good that does).