Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Capt_Ahab1776

Let's talk about your favorite game mode

13 comments in this topic

[PQUOD]
Members
2,182 posts
9,827 battles

What is your favourite mode of playing in WoWS? Mine is Random. The reason being you are as the mode says grouped up with a random group of people. Unless you are in a division you are paired up by MM and away you go. Sometimes you end up with a team of people who gel very fast and know the basics of what their ship's roll is in a battle and co ordinate effectively with little effort. Sometimes, not so much. Then you have to take the extra step of carrying. I've been in both situations. Games that was a total breeze and others where your team starts dropping like fly's with no losses to the red team. Good and the bad it is still my favourite. What is yours?

[-K-]
Members
6,466 posts
10,762 battles

Random, as long as its not Standard Battles.  Those can die a burning death.

[TBW]
Members
7,714 posts
14,140 battles

For relaxation, Co op. For credits, Captains Points, Free XP and XP, Operations. For grinding to get another ship, Randoms. For frustration, Ranked. The trial modes for a change of pace. My clan doesn't have enough people that are serious enough to field a team. Generally my favorite is the one that I can complete missions with the easiest.

[_-_]
Members
2,114 posts

Co-op, preferably early mornings with as few human team mates as possible.

I suck so bad that I prefer to only embarrass myself in front of toasters.

• Cool 1

Members
4,729 posts
8,233 battles

Random cause I have figured out the formula as to when to play it and when not to.  My "secret" formula is producing results as I am a unicorn for last 25 matches with a 63% win rate  ( heh, BIG sample :Smile_veryhappy:)  My secret formula, I will give ya all a hint, revolves around not playing much or not at all on certain nights. One night is on a day that begins with F and the other on a night that begins with S. Actually I am almost to 49% which for me, often a master of suckery, will be great cause then I am almost to 50% and less sand will be kicked in my face by bullies.  Seems 50% win rate carries a tad bit of respect.  Not a lot but a tad. No one really cares actually.....:Smile_sceptic:  Carry on.

Edited by dmckay
  • Cool 1

Members
4,729 posts
8,233 battles
49 minutes ago, So_lt_Goes said:

Co-op, preferably early mornings with as few human team mates as possible.

I suck so bad that I prefer to only embarrass myself in front of toasters.

Hey I can relate.  :Smile_honoring:

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
4,487 posts
15,503 battles
1 hour ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

What is your favourite mode of playing in WoWS? Mine is Random. The reason being you are as the mode says grouped up with a random group of people. Unless you are in a division you are paired up by MM and away you go. Sometimes you end up with a team of people who gel very fast and know the basics of what their ship's roll is in a battle and co ordinate effectively with little effort. Sometimes, not so much. Then you have to take the extra step of carrying. I've been in both situations. Games that was a total breeze and others where your team starts dropping like fly's with no losses to the red team. Good and the bad it is still my favourite. What is yours?

Ha! Ill throw it out there, I would love totally mismatched games, 12 Atlanta's vs 5 yamatos  or ...you get the point.... Standard battles are frustrating, fun  but some don't get the point and seem to run as far away from both bases rather than capping or protecting.

I want Schnelbotes 100 vs 100! 

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
10,704 posts
19,847 battles
1 hour ago, Sovereigndawg said:

For relaxation, Co op. For credits, Captains Points, Free XP and XP, Operations. For grinding to get another ship, Randoms. For frustration, Ranked. The trial modes for a change of pace. My clan doesn't have enough people that are serious enough to field a team. Generally my favorite is the one that I can complete missions with the easiest.

Mostly this; so Co-op.

Quit liking Randoms about 1-1/2 years ago.

Members
4,094 posts
15,015 battles

Randoms when I want a good battle. Co-op for when I had sucky teams, bad battles and/or was endlessly bottom tiered against tier 10s in Random. (Like today)

Edited by ReddNekk

[PVE]
Members
8,807 posts
15,622 battles

Have never played Ranked, Clan Battles, or Operations. No desire to either.

Have played Random and Co-op.

As most on the forums know I play Co-op.

Pretty much for the reasons cecil mentions above = more brawl like meta and I generally do not have to deal with the crap in chat you get in 99%+ of PVP games.

I find Co-op fun. I do not find PVP fun. Games should be fun so Co-op it is.

[ONE]
Members
292 posts
14,097 battles

Originally nearly always Random but for the past few months almost exclusively Co-op.  I have grown very tired of the chat negativity in Random, so much so that I usually disable the feature as soon as the game begins.

Sign in to follow this