You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Final8ty

Seal Clubbing.

42 comments in this topic

[TMS]
Members
2,439 posts
25,044 battles

It seems like there are more and more players who have reached T10 and learnt virtually nothing from T1 to T10.

I was in a div with Q_ in his worce and the gearing and shima were in a div.

There were 2 super unicum 2 div teams on the other side and some unicum solos.

The point is you don't have to drop down tiers to seal club anymore, theses guys on my team die faster at T10 than they do at mid and low tier.

Can't blame the good players for being good and clubbing, don't want to get clubbed get gud.

i4KSjp.png

Edited by Final8ty
  • Cool 1

[TMS]
Members
2,439 posts
25,044 battles
24 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

Sorry, but T10 isn't clubbing, no matter how you look at it.

Seal clubbing is killing inexperienced and unskilled players,  these guys are still inexperienced unskilled.

Unicum v Unicum in T1 ships is not seal clubbing because it not about the tier of the ships it's about the skill of the players.

We say going mid and low tier to seal club because you are going to find more inexperienced and unskilled players there, but now so many have made it to T10 so now you can seal club at T10 now.

Edited by Final8ty
  • Cool 2

[TMS]
Members
2,439 posts
25,044 battles
36 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Your team wasn't too bad, OP.  The Avg WR% was still in the 40% range.  At least it wasn't around 30% like I've had :Smile_popcorn:

If you see them play then man they were bad that's why i made a thread because i have much worse MM examples but the play was not as bad.

And yes the 30%s are growing in number, its getting harder and harder to carry that the fun is being sucked out sometimes because you try so hard while the rest of the team is trying so hard to see how fast they can throw their ships away.

Or wait right till the end and then throw their ships away for fear of a win.

Edited by Final8ty

[WOLFB]
Members
2,714 posts
11,012 battles

Seal Clubbing at T10 was already a thing.

But playing WOWs with Week End player is a brand new experience. Each Week End players are different from the last one. It's like rediscovering an endless loop

• Funny 1

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
7,085 posts
8,357 battles
1 hour ago, Final8ty said:

The point is you don't have to drop down tiers to seal club anymore, theses guys on my team die faster at T10 than they do at mid and low tier.

true

• Cool 1

[MIA-P]
Members
671 posts
6,498 battles

I mean, I guess you can say that a surprising number of those players have only a few battles in the ships they are sailing? Otherwise, I don't really see how you can argue that many of those t10 players are inexperienced or have no clue what they're doing.

There's an interesting point in connection to this I've been thinking about: When you look at the population as a whole, players are in effect in a zero-sum competition for higher stats. The mean winrate is always going to be 50%. The mean damage is always going to be equal to the mean health of ships (plus heals, minus whatever survives a battle). There's no way for one person's stats to get higher without someone else's getting lower. What that means is that you'll see people averaging below-50% winrates, and below-50k average damage, regardless of the average skill of the playerbase. It is for this reason that it is impossible to judge the average skill of the playerbase by their stats. The best you can do is judge the variance of skill level/how heavily mistakes are punished (how well differences in skill translate into differences in performance) by the variance in player stats, and I see no particular evidence that this variance is going up for the population.

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
Members
20,276 posts
18,607 battles
23 minutes ago, Final8ty said:

If you see them play then man they were bad that's why i made a thread because i have much worse MM examples but the play was not as bad.

And yes the 30%s are growing in number, its getting hard and harder to carry that the fun is being sucked out sometimes because you try so hard while the rest of the team is trying so hard to see how fast they can throw their ships away.

Oh it can get worse.  Like one's team telling one of its members, "Hey Montana, next time for the sake of your future teams, find an enemy ship to ram instead of trying to fight.  You'll do more damage that way."

• Funny 3

[TMS]
Members
2,439 posts
25,044 battles
8 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Oh it can get worse.  Like one's team telling one of its members, "Hey Montana, next time for the sake of your future teams, find an enemy ship to ram instead of trying to fight.  You'll do more damage that way."

The sad thing it would be true if some of these players just rammed every match.

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
7,085 posts
8,357 battles

Part of the issue, is that the quality of random battle MM and teams, goes into freefall the 1st weeks of clan battles and/ranked. This means, for dedicated t10 seal clubbers, there is no competition, or probability of serious opposition, as "good" gameplayers, are busy with more rewarding pvp competitions. On the other hand, random battle teams can be of such a low quality, as to be uncarryable (new adjective!), so deeply potatoe as to be plantable in my vegetable garden.

[SCREW]
Members
218 posts
10,643 battles

Oh, i agree 100% with OP here. There's zero reason anybody should be able to get to t10 and still play like a t1 noob. But since wargaming won't charge players xp for playing like absolute garbage, it's a problem that's only going to get worse. This is especially true for cruisers players who continue to sail broadside to [edited]everything and then complain that they die too fast.

[TMS]
Members
2,439 posts
25,044 battles

Well i'm off to bed trying to carry today has worn me right out fast, my brain hurts.

Edited by Final8ty

[STAR]
Members
3,303 posts
8,120 battles

High tier is not sign of skill. Its sad to see how many players have thousads of battles and still dont know basic things. They should learn a few things just by making the same mistake thousads of times. But for some reason they dont learn... 

[B_Y_F]
Members
345 posts
8,528 battles
1 hour ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

"Hey Montana, next time for the sake of your future teams, find an enemy ship to ram instead of trying to fight.  You'll do more damage that way."

Know that you said this for fun. But the unfortunate fact is that learning how to pull off a success ram might be the right way to start. A successful ram including many defensive skills and basics situational awareness which they need to learn in order to be gud.

[SYN]
Members
3,456 posts
17,094 battles
3 hours ago, Final8ty said:

Seal clubbing is killing inexperienced and unskilled players,  these guys are still inexperienced unskilled.

If they are at T10 they aren't inexperienced anymore. Unskilled definitely, but the inexperience excuse has gone.

[INTEL]
Members
10,247 posts
28,723 battles
18 hours ago, Final8ty said:

And yes the 30%s are growing in number, its getting harder and harder to carry that the fun is being sucked out sometimes because you try so hard while the rest of the team is trying so hard to see how fast they can throw their ships away.

As I always advocate in these threads, just play T7 like I do, with sparing forays into T8. The overall gameplay is better since most players are not yet in over their heads, and you have a better chance to come back when you are down a couple of ships. Unicum stat padding divs are rare, and there is an impressive array of premiums so there is much variety in ships. 

I have pretty much stopped T10 for all the reasons you list, plus the crappy maps (whoever put that turd of an island in C on Shatter should be exiled to it) and the high ROF ships that make T10 so tedious. 

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
Members
20,276 posts
18,607 battles
1 hour ago, Taichunger said:

As I always advocate in these threads, just play T7 like I do, with sparing forays into T8. The overall gameplay is better since most players are not yet in over their heads, and you have a better chance to come back when you are down a couple of ships. Unicum stat padding divs are rare, and there is an impressive array of premiums so there is much variety in ships. 

I have pretty much stopped T10 for all the reasons you list, plus the crappy maps (whoever put that turd of an island in C on Shatter should be exiled to it) and the high ROF ships that make T10 so tedious. 

The other tiers, even mid tiers, are no better.  They're all mistake prone and poor moves are common still.  Matter of fact, you expect to see it with the guys progressing up from Tier V and just getting crushed.

[INTEL]
Members
10,247 posts
28,723 battles
18 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

The other tiers, even mid tiers, are no better.  They're all mistake prone and poor moves are common still.  Matter of fact, you expect to see it with the guys progressing up from Tier V and just getting crushed.

Yeah but at least you can have a much greater effect on the match than in a T10 match, because offensive firepower hasn't scaled so absurdly over defensive as it has at T10.

[TMS]
Members
2,439 posts
25,044 battles
5 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

You know it's bad when in a Tier VIII-X match, and your only Tier X BB is the first to die out of all players in the match :Smile_trollface:

Had a T10 match last night and there was one Tirpitz  on each side, both of them beat all the T10 and T9 BBs on each side and the red teams Tirpitz finished first.

Edited by Final8ty

[TMS]
Members
2,439 posts
25,044 battles
19 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

Yeah but at least you can have a much greater effect on the match than in a T10 match, because offensive firepower hasn't scaled so absurdly over defensive as it has at T10.

Indeed.