You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sweetsie

What is in a name?

15 comments in this topic

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
4,487 posts
15,503 battles

I changed my name 3 months ago, and just changed it back this weekend. I got chat banned all the time with this name. rarely got chat banned with my previous name. Just lost 2 karma with the following:

Guys, with 4 dd's, we can't give them the A cap, they will pinch us.

and chat banned...… 

Somehow, my Karma is increasing but yet still chat banned. Somehow I keep getting clan invites....yet chat banned.

The reporting system is really bad. 

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
4,487 posts
15,503 battles
3 minutes ago, neptunes_wrath said:

VDF2HTF.gif

I understand chat ban is border line taboo, but at some point, it should be reworked, that is my point. If you give advice, and it's 100% accurate and helpful, you shouldn't be punished for it. that's all I will say.

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,545 posts
12,222 battles
1 minute ago, RipNuN2 said:

Somehow I've never been chat banned. :cat_bubble:

same here. though I rarely talk in game. I'm usually to busy :etc_swear: my pants trying to dodge torpedoes!:cap_wander_2:

• Funny 1

[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,369 posts
14,850 battles

You used an inappropriate term (pinch) when combined with your username...

:Smile_glasses:

Seriously I don't know why you got banned.

Are you sure it's from that game and not a delay?

I have only received 1 24 hour ban, and that's real surprising considering my user name.

[KRAK]
Members
2,670 posts
17,338 battles
2 hours ago, Sweetsie said:

I changed my name 3 months ago, and just changed it back this weekend. I got chat banned all the time with this name. rarely got chat banned with my previous name. Just lost 2 karma with the following:

Guys, with 4 dd's, we can't give them the A cap, they will pinch us.

and chat banned...… 

Somehow, my Karma is increasing but yet still chat banned. Somehow I keep getting clan invites....yet chat banned.

The reporting system is really bad. 

The problem is that if someone does not like anything at all you do be it not position your ship where they think you should or take  a cap they think you should or kill someone on the other team and it makes them mad they use the misbehavior in chat report. I know this because I have heard people say in  chat to "report so and so for not taking A cap or for being afk or whatever their "reason" may  be" but make sure you use the misbehave in chat report because the plays poorly report has no consequences."

You can talk to support and find out what if anything at all you said was offensive and then you can deduce where the ban came from.

You are playing on the internet and you have to expect a lot of immaturity.

[KRAK]
Members
2,670 posts
17,338 battles

I understand chat ban is border line taboo, but at some point, it should be reworked, that is my point. If you give advice, and it's 100% accurate and helpful, you shouldn't be punished for it. that's all I will say.

The best advice I can give you is to not give advice. TBH very few players want to hear your advice if they did they would ask. I imagine lots get bans over exactly that. I always look at it like this. Who am I or anyone else to demand how someone else plays.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
8,606 posts

my Karma is increasing but yet still chat banned

The Universe seems to think you better seen than heard. :Smile_Default:

Seriously though, it's because people have learned that reporting for anything but chat abuse has no real consequences so they abuse the chat reporting system.

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
4,487 posts
15,503 battles

I don't want to make a stink about this. its not that big a deal, I'm used to it. My only hope is to bring to attention that if you are trying to help people, you shouldn't get reported.

Things like, Monty, shoot AP rather than HE, or DD's, don't try to cap they have 4 radrs….

No man in the history of history want's to be told something by someone named Sweetsie. I get that. But if I changed my name to 432876_check,  I could get away with murder. I urge WG to change the chat ban system. Fare thee well all!

[SCREW]
Members
218 posts
10,643 battles

No, you're right. The report system is absolutely stupid. Seems the more you try to explain to people why they suck and how to improve, the more you get chat banned. But I've never seen anyone get banned as a result of the plays poorly option. Ever. I did it intentionally for a month, charging in and dieing, torping teammates, shooting teammates, sailing backwards all match, even told people to report me. Not a [edited]thing happened to me.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
8,606 posts
1 hour ago, Sweetsie said:

No man in the history of history want's to be told something by someone named Sweetsie. I get that. But if I changed my name to 432876_check,  I could get away with murder.

I've had several people follow me out to the Port chat to gripe because they were ticked off and mine was the easiest name on the team to type.

[STURM]
Members
48 posts
7,760 battles
3 hours ago, Sweetsie said:

I don't want to make a stink about this. its not that big a deal, I'm used to it. My only hope is to bring to attention that if you are trying to help people, you shouldn't get reported.

Things like, Monty, shoot AP rather than HE, or DD's, don't try to cap they have 4 radrs….

No man in the history of history want's to be told something by someone named Sweetsie. I get that. But if I changed my name to 432876_check,  I could get away with murder. I urge WG to change the chat ban system. Fare thee well all!

I'm not totally sold on that premise.  Anecdotal but the only names I tend to disregard are renameduser or player_.  You sure that's the case and not just confirmation bias?