Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
alphapn

WG RETIRES DICOUNT ANNOUNCEMENT

17 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

19
[ENCOM]
Members
57 posts
5,145 battles

I am not sure why, but if anyone knows pls post here.

A couple of days ago I have been on WOWS game untill late 3 AM PST.

Thats when the game makes the daily update.

In the news came up an announcement stating 3 types of discounts;

1) reduction of 50% on redistributing captain points

2) reduction of 80% (yes eighty) on captain accelerating training

3) another one that I cannot remeber (but this is not the point)

I thought "nice! tomorrow I am going to redistribute the skill point of some of my captains AND ACCLERATE THE TRAINING OF SOME OTHER CLOSE TO 19 PONTS.

And then went to sleep happy with WG offer.

W A F surpise I got in the morning!!!

 

When going to accelerate my captains XP no discount is applied (only the redistrbution points discount was in place).

This feels a lot like a deception and WG trying to lure people in doing something to its advantage, anyway in doing thing that normally wouldn't do.

Anyone knows why WG is doing this?

Edited by alphapn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
735
[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
2,375 posts
6,269 battles
10 minutes ago, alphapn said:

I am not sure why, but if anyone knows pls post here.

A couple of days ago I have been on WOWS game untill late 3 AM PST.

Thats when the game makes the daily update.

In the news came up an announcement stating 3 types of discounts;

1) reduction of 50% on redistributing captain points

2) reduction of 80% (yes eighty) on captain accelerating training

3) another one that I cannot remeber (but this is not the point)

I thought "nice! tomorrow I am going to redistribute the skill point of some of my captains AND ACCLERATE THE TRAINING OF SOME OTHER CLOSE TO 19 PONTS.

And then went to sleep happy with WG offer.

W A F surpise I got in the morning!!!

THE ANNOUNCEMENT HAS BEEN REMOVED FROM THE BOARD!

And when going to accelerate my captains XP no discount is applied (only the redistrbution points discount was in place).

This feels a lot like a deception and WG trying to lure people in doing something to its advantage, anyway in doing thing that normally wouldn't do.

Anyone knows why WG is doing this?

Did you read carefully how the accelerate captain xp discount is for doubloons? Not for elite commander xp where you can level up your captains.

The accelerate captain xp in this case is for when the captain is under retraining on another ship where you need to use 500 doubloons to make him fully trained for the ship.

Though typically you can just spend 200k credits to train the captain half way and use the elite commander xp to fully train the captain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
651
[LOU1]
Members
3,658 posts
9,868 battles

I have respecced several Commanders today at a discount.

I also notice the accelerate training shows full training at 250 Doubloons.

Recruit (train) Commander is showing at 5 Doubloons.

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
735
[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
2,375 posts
6,269 battles
Just now, ExploratorOne said:

I have respecced several Commanders today at a discount.

I also notice the accelerate training shows full training at 250 Doubloons.

Recruit (train) Commander is showing at 5 Doubloons.

 

OP thought that there was a 80% discount on using elite xp to level up his captains close to 19 pts and so didnt realize that it was for doubloons only.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
858
[N-W-T]
Members
1,520 posts
6,325 battles

Note that if you are playing clan battles, there will be another free respec for all ships at the end of the season. Worth playing 1 clan battle as that is all it takes to get the free respec.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
651
[LOU1]
Members
3,658 posts
9,868 battles
9 minutes ago, Vader_Sama said:

OP thought that there was a 80% discount on using elite xp to level up his captains close to 19 pts and so didnt realize that it was for doubloons only.

Ah, that didn't even occur to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,047
[WOLF9]
Members
9,374 posts
4,243 battles

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/deals/december-missions-2018/#weekend-discounts-1

  • 5 Db to recruit a 3-pt commander (big whoop; it's not like we can stockpile them)
  • 250 Db to complete (accelerate) retraining to a new ship (instead of 500)
  • 10 Db / 4000 ECXP per point for re-speccing (instead of 25/10000)
Edited by iDuckman
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19
[ENCOM]
Members
57 posts
5,145 battles

I am talking about 80% discount and I quote: "-80% to the cost of accelerated commander training in doublons"

It does NOT says RETRAINING (when it comes from another ship).

It say TRAINING. So it means when I accelerate his training period. So I should be able to training him with 20% of the doublons cost of his training.

This is not working.

I apologize for not finidng the announcement under the other thread, It hasn't been removed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,047
[WOLF9]
Members
9,374 posts
4,243 battles
10 minutes ago, alphapn said:

It say TRAINING. So it means when I accelerate his training period. So I should be able to training him with 20% of the doublons cost of his training.

It does not mean a Db discount to accelerate an existing commander's training because you cannot use Doubloons for that at all, except when recruiting a new commander.  Wish it were so, but it ain't.  Gotta spend the EXCP or, once that is exhausted, FXP. 

You're not the only one that has been disappointed in this package of discounts.  But take heart, the 60% re-spec discount is a good one if you need it, and the best you're going to get without getting mired in Clan Wars.

 

 

Edited by iDuckman
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
172
[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
668 posts
1,755 battles
10 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

It does not mean a Db discount to accelerate an existing commander's training because you cannot use Doubloons for that at all, except when recruiting a new commander.  Wish it were so, but it ain't.  Gotta spend the EXCP or, once that is exhausted, FXP. 

You're not the only one that has been disappointed in this package of discounts.  But take heart, the 60% re-spec discount is a good one if you need it, and the best you're going to get without getting mired in Clan Wars.

 

 

Or there should be a free respec coming when the CV rework is released...

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,047
[WOLF9]
Members
9,374 posts
4,243 battles
16 minutes ago, Bonfor said:

Or there should be a free respec coming when the CV rework is released...

That's a good point.  I bet there will be.  But I also bet it will be in March at the earliest.

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19
[ENCOM]
Members
57 posts
5,145 battles

Thanks all for helping clarifying this. Actually when I use free xp and I exchange doublons for xp  I am pratically using doublons to train a captain.

So when they say "-80% to the cost of accelerated commander training in doublons" I expect to use 20% of the needed doublons to train up my cap.

They should have said at least "for REtraining" or even better "for REtraining when changin ship"

But I understand they are russians or translating from russian.

Edited by alphapn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
870
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,374 posts
14,850 battles

I got to respec 2 captains for free hy playing in the first week of clan wars.

Last season I reset all the y captains to 0 used points when it was free.

Took 45 minutes to do 113 captains.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
651
[LOU1]
Members
3,658 posts
9,868 battles
1 hour ago, alphapn said:

Thanks all for helping clarifying this. Actually when I use free xp and I exchange doublons for xp  I am pratically using doublons to train a captain.

So when they say "-80% to the cost of accelerated commander training in doublons" I expect to use 20% of the needed doublons to train up my cap.

They should have said at least "for REtraining" or even better "for REtraining when changin ship"

But I understand they are russians or translating from russian.

Yep, it was confusing at first to me, too.  Accelerated Commander Training refers to a Commander you recruit for a ship.  Instead of the 25, it is now 5 Doubloons for the 3-pointer.  That is was there is no "re" - it is a brand new Commander just out of the Naval Academy being trained on their first ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×