Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
JukeBoxxHero

Indianapolis type of marathon

10 comments in this topic

[ADR]
Members
59 posts
10,936 battles

I wish they would have done the long chain of events as they did for the Indianapolis with the Dreadnought.  At least it wold seam like such a long drawn out grind.  I hope in the future they plan more of the long set of missions other than just daily missions.

[ARGSY]
Members
11,950 posts
7,605 battles

Much salt was spilled over that campaign, even by people (like me) who were successful in it. There were those who felt that it was disproportionally difficult compared to the nature of the reward, and I found it hard to argue with them. I was immensely pleased when it was over, both because I had been successful and also purely because it was done.

WG have done their research, and have determined (for better or worse) that enough people complete both Dailies every day for a month for it to constitute an easy path to Dreadnought.

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
650 posts
4,821 battles

I am on the opposite side as Ensign.  I can barely find time to complete 20 daily missions per month, so no way I’d complete the Dreadnaught grind, mainly due to the time limit. IIRC the Indy campaign had more calendar days to complete, and I completed that with days to spare

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
690 posts
1,790 battles
31 minutes ago, missile742 said:

I am on the opposite side as Ensign.  I can barely find time to complete 20 daily missions per month, so no way I’d complete the Dreadnaught grind, mainly due to the time limit. IIRC the Indy campaign had more calendar days to complete, and I completed that with days to spare

Yeah, at least the RN marathon you could complete the entire week's worth of missions over the weekend and not get behind...with dailies, if you can't do them consistently every day, you can't catch up.

[WOLF4]
[WOLF4]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
645 posts
10,014 battles
1 minute ago, Bonfor said:

Yeah, at least the RN marathon you could complete the entire week's worth of missions over the weekend and not get behind...with dailies, if you can't do them consistently every day, you can't catch up.

And most of then could be completed just by playing.  Couple of weeks ago during the Turkey Shoot (playing as one of the turkeys), I did all four Directives without even looking at what they were. Granted I played a few more games that weekend than I normally would, but for the most part I didn't find the RN missions to be a grind at all seeing as the majority could be completed just by playing.

[PVE]
Members
751 posts
5,958 battles
17 minutes ago, Bonfor said:

This is my issue with the Dreadnaught campaign. I simply don't have enough time during the week to play six games a day much less enough games for 6+ wins.

The RN campaign was better because I caught up each weekend. As it is, I am simply not paying any attention to the Dreadnaught.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,504 posts
12,810 battles
4 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Much salt was spilled over that campaign, even by people (like me) who were successful in it. There were those who felt that it was disproportionally difficult compared to the nature of the reward, and I found it hard to argue with them. I was immensely pleased when it was over, both because I had been successful and also purely because it was done.

WG have done their research, and have determined (for better or worse) that enough people complete both Dailies every day for a month for it to constitute an easy path to Dreadnought.

Agree

Beta Testers
305 posts
9,307 battles
2 hours ago, MasterDiggs said:

This is my issue with the Dreadnaught campaign. I simply don't have enough time during the week to play six games a day much less enough games for 6+ wins.

The RN campaign was better because I caught up each weekend. As it is, I am simply not paying any attention to the Dreadnaught.

Take a tier 8+ ship into co-op ... you can easily get 500+ base xp in a win. You can complete both chains in under 15 battles (and co-op battles are faster than random battles too).

[PVE]
Members
751 posts
5,958 battles
On 12/8/2018 at 9:11 PM, CFagan1987 said:

Take a tier 8+ ship into co-op ... you can easily get 500+ base xp in a win. You can complete both chains in under 15 battles (and co-op battles are faster than random battles too).

It's too bad for me that I only have time for 2-3 games a night, 6-8 if thoae are in Coop. I think the Dreadnaught campaign is at a good level of effort I just can't participate in this one. I am not upset about it.  I won't miss having Dreadnaught for free and I can always buy it later if I change my mind.

Sign in to follow this