Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
clammboy

How would you rank the top 7 ships available to us in Santa crates .

18 comments in this topic

[WDS]
Members
1,713 posts
8,726 battles

I was just wondering how you would rank the top 7 or so ships available to us in Santa Crates . Regardless of whether you own them or not .

[TSG4B]
Privateers
2,253 posts
12,106 battles
2 minutes ago, clammboy said:

how you would rank the top 7 or so

the rareness of the ships drop and their characteristic, and you wont be able to obtain them anymore. Only way is from SC like The Mo, and from Mega crates; and you know the chance of getting a SC is extremely low, and then count that into the % of the ship in the SC is another extremely low rate

[WOLF3]
Members
20,446 posts
18,810 battles

How would I rank the Top 7 exclusive ships from the Santa Crates?

For their tiers, these are very broken ships.

1.  Belfast - Smoke, HE, Radar, Hydro, extremely good concealment (access to CSM1 upgrade which is impossible for all other Tier VII and below Cruisers, but Belfast gets access).  This is a very strong, match influencing ship.  This ship is best in the DD Minigame of a match.  Sure, she farms damage, but her influence in the DD game is how she wins.  The side that loses their DDs first faces an uphill struggle to win, and Belfast has a say in that.

2.  Imperator Nikolai I - Rules the roost in low tier games.  Only DDs and CVs keep her in check.

3.  Caesar - Broken Tier V BB.  The only Tier V BB that when inside a Tier VII game, plays just as well.  Lots of people justly got her when she was in the store.  She does very well in Randoms and she was a significant presence in Ranked, and still performed well there.

4.  Kamikaze - Pre-IJN DD / IJN Torpedo Nerfs ship.  Seal Clubber Extraordinaire.  There's guys that play this ship a lot to pad their stats.  This was how IJN DDs used to be.

5.  Kutuzov - Smoke, long range prowess and DPM, HE shells, 8km torps, powerful AA suite.

These are very good still.

6.  Gremyaschy - Powerful, all around Premium DD in Tier V.  However, there's been some power creep in her tier range since her introduction.  The loss of Stealth Fire a while back hurted a lot.  But still a very capable, all around DD.

7.  Missouri - Improved Iowa and with Radar and Money Printer.  However, if you didn't like how Iowa plays, well...

There was someone a while back that was asking us on the boards if he should get Missouri before WG pulled her from the store.  He acknowledged he hated Iowa.  Everybody in that thread told him to go for it.  I was the only guy that warned him not to.  With the exception of Radar, she is basically Iowa in terms of match gameplay.  Missouri is not that drastically different in gameplay from Iowa, again with the exception of Radar.  He went with the crowd's recommendation and got Missouri.  And ended up hating everything about her like he did Iowa.

I warned him.

Image result for shrug gif imgur

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[WDS]
Members
1,713 posts
8,726 battles
1 minute ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

1.  Belfast - Smoke, HE, Radar, Hydro, extremely good concealment (access to CSM1 upgrade which is impossible for all other Tier VII and below Cruisers, but Belfast gets access).  This is a very strong, match influencing ship.

2.  Imperator Nikolai I - Rules the roost in low tier games.  Only DDs and CVs keep her in check.

3.  Caesar - Broken Tier V BB.  The only Tier V BB that when inside a Tier VII game, plays just as well.

4.  Kamikaze - Pre-IJN DD / IJN Torpedo Nerfs ship.  Seal Clubber Extraordinaire.  There's guys that play this ship a lot to pad their stats.  This was how IJN DDs used to be.

5.  Kutuzov - Smoke, long range prowess and DPM, HE shells, 8km torps, powerful AA suite.

6.  Gremyaschy - Powerful, all around Premium DD in Tier V.  However, there's been some power creep in her tier range since her introduction.  The loss of Stealth Fire a while back hurted a lot.  But still a very capable, all around DD.

7.  Missouri - Improved Iowa and with Radar and Money Printer.  However, if you didn't like how Iowa plays, well...

Nice list so far I got none of those got a Krispy Kreme and a Roma . 

[KP]
Members
408 posts
202 battles
1 hour ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

1.  Belfast - Smoke, HE, Radar, Hydro, extremely good concealment (access to CSM1 upgrade which is impossible for all other Tier VII and below Cruisers, but Belfast gets access).  This is a very strong, match influencing ship.  This ship is best in the DD Minigame of a match.  Sure, she farms damage, but her influence in the DD game is how she wins.  The side that loses their DDs first faces an uphill struggle to win, and Belfast has a say in that.

3.  Caesar - Broken Tier V BB.  The only Tier V BB that when inside a Tier VII game, plays just as well.  Lots of people justly got her when she was in the store.  She does very well in Randoms and she was a significant presence in Ranked, and still performed well there.

There was someone a while back that was asking us on the boards if he should get Missouri before WG pulled her from the store.  He acknowledged he hated Iowa.  Everybody in that thread told him to go for it.  I was the only guy that warned him not to.  With the exception of Radar, she is basically Iowa in terms of match gameplay.  Missouri is not that drastically different in gameplay from Iowa, again with the exception of Radar.  He went with the crowd's recommendation and got Missouri.  And ended up hating everything about her like he did Iowa.

I warned him.

I just got the Kamikaze. I checked my stats in it because my first 3 games where epic. Then I checked the top players in it by battles and the whole page scrolls like a list of potatoes only 2 players in the top 100 have Unicum level damage the rest are spuds. It's a small minority of Super Purple seal clubbers in the Kami that are propping up it's stats. 

[WOLF3]
Members
20,446 posts
18,810 battles
1 hour ago, IronMike11C4O said:

I just got the Kamikaze. I checked my stats in it because my first 3 games where epic. Then I checked the top players in it by battles and the whole page scrolls like a list of potatoes only 2 players in the top 100 have Unicum level damage the rest are spuds. It's a small minority of Super Purple seal clubbers in the Kami that are propping up it's stats. 

You look at things by Battles played?  Then it's no wonder you're seeing nothing but Potatoes.  You do the same search on Fletcher, Chung Mu, both considered exceptional DDs, often highlight ships of their respective lines.  You do the search and sort by Battles played, you'll see nothing but Potatoes also.

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,113 posts
5,915 battles

haida is a great ship too,not top 7 but pretty good.

[PVE]
Members
8,807 posts
15,622 battles
16 hours ago, clammboy said:

I was just wondering how you would rank the top 7 or so ships available to us in Santa Crates . Regardless of whether you own them or not .

1. Missouri
  2. Musashi
  3. Kutuzov
  4. Belfast (I personally think it is VASTLY overrated but most seem to like it so including it)

To me those would be the most desirable/best. The rest mix and match.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
8,807 posts
15,622 battles
42 minutes ago, thebigblue said:

Whoa! Hold the phone. You guys are getting desirable ships from them??

All I got for 90 was a crappy creme and Perth.

LOL. I actually got the 6 ships I didn't have that were available...

• Z39
  • Haida
  • Asashio
  • Nueve De Julio (yuck)
  • Boise (yuck)
  • Duke of Yorck

I have also got 4 duplicates from the Santa crates, once I got those 6, and all 4 have been the Krispy Kreme. Talk about yuck. And it sucks because it is the cheapest of the ships so the lowest Doubloon value (2950). I wish you could actually get duplicates of ships with a good Doubloon value (ie; ships like Alabama) but that seems extremely rare from what I have seen this year and last. Last year I got Gallant or Okhotnik for a duplicate over and over and over because they were cheapest. 

I have got 3 ships since I started WOWS from regualr SC's. Got Murmansk 1st, then got the Krispy 2nd, and 3rd...? The Kripsy again. :Smile_sceptic: I seem to be on WG's Krispy Kreme award list and I want off. :Smile_veryhappy:

[MEOW]
Members
185 posts
3,522 battles
21 hours ago, clammboy said:

Nice list so far I got none of those got a Krispy Kreme and a Roma . 

How many did you buy and of which type?

[WOLF3]
Members
20,446 posts
18,810 battles
17 hours ago, Cruxdei said:

haida is a great ship too,not top 7 but pretty good.

Creeping Smoke on a DD so that your cover is moving with you is very convenient.  Perth has the same thing from years ago but her version has a lot longer CD than Haida's.

With the (hard fought) refund I got for Fallout 76, I treated myself here instead.

• Cool 1

[VIKES]
[VIKES]
Members
560 posts
12,558 battles
21 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I warned him.

Really good list here, well thought out, good points.  Usually I 100% agree with both you and Thunder, but you HAVE to put the Nikolai first...

Edited by nagasakee

[WOLF3]
Members
20,446 posts
18,810 battles
11 minutes ago, nagasakee said:

Usually agree with both you and Thunder, but you HAVE to put the Nikolai first...

Nikolai is completely OP for her tier, but Belfast's powerful combination of capabilities has far reaching influence in a match.  She will terrorize Tier IX Destroyers the exact same way she would Tier V Destroyers.  She will farm from smoke Tier IX BBs just as well as she does Tier V ones.

When you look at what Belfast can equip, what she can do, and then look at all other Tier VII Cruisers, it's just unfair.

[SIDE]
Members
2,385 posts
2 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Nikolai is completely OP for her tier, but Belfast's powerful combination of capabilities has far reaching influence in a match.  She will terrorize Tier IX Destroyers the exact same way she would Tier V Destroyers.  She will farm from smoke Tier IX BBs just as well as she does Tier V ones.

When you look at what Belfast can equip, what she can do, and then look at all other Tier VII Cruisers, it's just unfair.

I identify as pro-Belfast and am offended by your choice of words.

“Unfair” is a deplorable word in the current climate.

”exceptional” or “extra-equal” are preferred pc derivatives.

Its just a misunderstood ship. Of all it’s siblings the Belfast is the only brit cruiser to be denied torpedos and a line. How would that make you feel? Pretty unwanted and angry I bet...

It can’t help how it was made. It doesn’t mean to “insta-kill” destroyers. It can’t help that it has an “I win button” anymore than it can help the dotard-driven dd that’s within 8km of it despite better concealment and a minimap. It certainly doesn’t want to be one of the ships that “kills the game in a month, 6 months ago” and “make it so nobody ever plays dd again”. Let’s not be so judgy  about it’s uniqueness. Everyone should go out, find the Belfast near you and give it a hug!

Can we get a safe space?

Edited by thebigblue
  • Cool 1

Members
4,094 posts
15,015 battles

Here's my take on them. (I have all 7)

1.  Belfast; Excellent bote but far from overpowered.

2.  Imperator Nikolai I; Very good but I aint impressed with her.

3.  Caesar; Very good and uptiers very well.

4.  Kamikaze; A fantastic 'lil DD! So much fun to play that it has to be illegal somewhere.

5.  Kutuzov; Good but far from OPd. I personally don't care for the bote.

6.  Gremyaschy; Not as impressive as I thought she'd be but still fun to play.

7.  Missouri; Excellent bote but I consider Alabama and the Massachusetts twins to be much much better.

Edited by ReddNekk

[WOLF9]
Members
3,862 posts
11 minutes ago, ReddNekk said:

Here's my take on them. (I have all 7)

1.  Belfast; Excellent bote but far from overpowered.

2.  Imperator Nikolai I; Very good but I aint impressed with her.

3.  Caesar; Very good and uptiers very well.

4.  Kamikaze; A fantastic 'lil DD! So much fun to play that it has to be illegal somewhere.

5.  Kutuzov; Good but far from OPd. I personally don't care for the bote.

6.  Gremyaschy; Not as impressive as I thought she'd be but still fun to play.

7.  Missouri; Excellent bote but I consider Alabama and the Massachusetts twins to be much much better.

I actually had all 7 of these long prior to this.   Of them, only Missouri and Cesar see any play.

1) smoke pew-pewing ain't my thing, neither are Brit cruisers, so...

2) It was great way back when, but everyone knows how to kill it now.   Essentially Oktober's kid brother.

3) Gud Bote!!  I'm actually more impressed with it's maneuverability than it's firepower.  At LAST- a tier 5 BB that can compete in the dpm/hyperactive torp bote meta.  Enjoyed the hell out of it in Ranked sprint.

4) IJN DD's aren't my thing either.  Got it during the original event when it went on sale.  Have never played it...

5) Kutuzof.  First premium I bought, believe it or not, lol.  Because it looked badass!  Not a bad ship, I just don't play RU cruisers that much.

6) Gremlin.  A premium Gnevny- my old nemesis.   The AI HATES this ship, so it sits in port rusting.  It may very well be a good ship, but it's life expectancy in a Co-op game is appx .5 seconds once the bots get in range of it.  (and they swarm in from all directions even before you're spotted.)  Thus, I've never managed to do anything with it...  It left a bitter taste in my mouth that'll likely keep it in port forever.

7) MO.  Now we're talking!  Bought mine the day it came out- been printing credits ever since.

The Boise twins, on the other hand, are HELLA fun to play!

Sign in to follow this