You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Go4U

9 de Julio - Nationality of the Captain.

15 comments in this topic

[PIOJO]
Members
98 posts
10,404 battles

I wonder if any player who has the "9 de Julio" would be willing to answer if the Captain speaks in English or Spanish. According to the game, "July 9" is an American ship sold to Argentina. So, does the captain speak Spanish or English?

I understand that every captain accompanies the nationality of the ship... but it is freaky, at least to me; deal with russians, german or japanese captains. I dont understand even not the automatic voice chat's warnings. 

Is there any option to change the language of the Captain? I'm prety sure that build up a voice data base is not a great deal. So, the player can choose among different languages.

I "hope" that this get the attention to the programmer department... build up a data base voice is not a headache when you compare the great job that they do with the general design and the game interface.

What if WOS do a poll of opinions in order to have a feedback about this issue?

Thanks for read me.

[LOU1]
Members
3,657 posts
9,863 battles

You can set the language almost all Commanders speak in Settings under the Audio tab through the Voiceover selections.  I believe the national setting has them speak in their native tongue.  I have all of mine set to English.The Arp Commanders and one or two others had a fixed language, but even those can be changed now (except Nelson?).

Edited by ExploratorOne
  • Cool 1

[PIOJO]
Members
98 posts
10,404 battles
4 hours ago, ExploratorOne said:

You can set the language almost all Commanders speak in Settings under the Audio tab through the Voiceover selections.  I believe the national setting has them speak in their native tongue.  I have all of mine set to English.The Arp Commanders and one or two others had a fixed language, but even those can be changed now (except Nelson?).

Thanks... Now the final questions... 
As everybody has at the interface... there are TWO "voiceover" modifications...
For sure that it has to be me that I did wrong...
Which one of the TWO "voiceover" modifications should I have to set to English?
The LANGUAGE or the MODIFICATION???
Thank you for time!

VOICEOVER LANGUAGE (option one)

279426977_WOWVoiceoverLanguage.thumb.png.1f142830118af844aab2b051ad81dcea.png

VOICEOVER MODIFICATION (option two)

1658459282_WOWVoiceoverModification.thumb.png.84004e22d27ea85cbf1b813b544a9d44.png

[PVE]
Members
15,152 posts
9,929 battles

I just tried my Nueve de Julio with Nation and Nation+ and neither of them were in Spanish. I would guess that they have not or have not finished a voice over for Spanish yet.

• Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
15,152 posts
9,929 battles

With National set in the voice over modification, then each nation with a native voice over will use that.  So if you drive a German ship, all the voices will be German. If you drive a French ship, all the voices will be French.

With National+ you will get multiple voice overs. So the German ship that uses the chat will speak German, an IJN ship will speak Japanese, etc.

• Cool 1

[RED2]
Members
1,676 posts
8,482 battles

Yah there is no spanish option in the game. Given that Brazilian Portuguese is here I imagine Wargaming wants to make enough options for regional dialects/ accents of Spanish to not have the Spanish speaking player base mutiny. Which Spanish is "correct" is a bit of a sensitive topic in Latin America.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
15,152 posts
9,929 battles
8 minutes ago, Chimera2 said:

Yah there is no spanish option in the game. Given that Brazilian Portuguese is here I imagine Wargaming wants to make enough options for regional dialects/ accents of Spanish to not have the Spanish speaking player base mutiny. Which Spanish is "correct" is a bit of a sensitive topic in Latin America.

That makes sense. 

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
11,697 posts
7,510 battles
13 hours ago, Chimera2 said:

This takes "nations divided by a common language" to a whole new level. 

• Cool 1

[PIOJO]
Members
98 posts
10,404 battles
16 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

I just tried my Nueve de Julio with Nation and Nation+ and neither of them were in Spanish. I would guess that they have not or have not finished a voice over for Spanish yet.

Thank you for your answer. In fact, I dont care about spanish. I'm just looking for "english"... It is hard (to me) play in russian, japanesse or german commands, warnings, etc... Thanks again for your comments...

[PIOJO]
Members
98 posts
10,404 battles
16 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

With National set in the voice over modification, then each nation with a native voice over will use that.  So if you drive a German ship, all the voices will be German. If you drive a French ship, all the voices will be French.

With National+ you will get multiple voice overs. So the German ship that uses the chat will speak German, an IJN ship will speak Japanese, etc.

So... there is no way to change to English... Ought...:Smile_amazed:

[PVE]
Members
15,152 posts
9,929 battles
Just now, Go4U said:

So... there is no way to change to English... Ought...:Smile_amazed:

Just set to English instead of National or National+. If you have it set on English, then only your ARP, HSF, Dasha and Ovechkin Cmdrs are the only ones who won't speak English. If you want those special Cmdrs to also speak English, there is a way to modify the files, but I don't know how to do that.

• Cool 1

[PIOJO]
Members
98 posts
10,404 battles
16 hours ago, Chimera2 said:

English voices are quite fine for me. It is just for my case. Any other would have a different opinion.  And yeah... could be a little sensitive of which is the "correct spanish"... "latin spanish"... "spanish spanish" (as Windows has)... anyway... any kind of spanish it is good enough for spaniard and latin players (my tought!). And the bottom line is that the game is development by russians! I can't imagine it out how hard must be for them.

[PIOJO]
Members
98 posts
10,404 battles
3 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Just set to English instead of National or National+. If you have it set on English, then only your ARP, HSF, Dasha and Ovechkin Cmdrs are the only ones who won't speak English. If you want those special Cmdrs to also speak English, there is a way to modify the files, but I don't know how to do that.

Thank you! Your answer it is very helpful for me!

[PVE]
Members
15,152 posts
9,929 battles
Just now, Go4U said:

Thank you! Your answer it is very helpful for me!

You are welcome

• Cool 1

[PIOJO]
Members
98 posts
10,404 battles

Thank you ALL for the answers and time to wrote it...

The very best answer for me was