Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Prkl8r

How to be successful in Vanguard?

10 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

104
[UNNAT]
Beta Testers
618 posts
1,634 battles

I'm having trouble doing damage in this ship.

It can maneuver well but it's guns feel anemic even as accurate as they are.

Anybody that owns this ship have tips?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
65
[MEATS]
Supertester, Beta Testers
223 posts
3,152 battles
1 minute ago, Prkl8r said:

I'm having trouble doing damage in this ship.

It can maneuver well but it's guns feel anemic even as accurate as they are.

Anybody that owns this ship have tips?

That's because they ARE anemic.

When you aren't overpenetrating into the next warzone that is.

You can either play it like a big cruiser, or a gimped Hood. Either or will work. Just don't stop moving. Bow tanking will end poorly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,556
[SIM]
Members
3,756 posts
6,218 battles

You have to prioritize targets of opportunity. Vanguard is like Roma, it loves taking bites out of side-on BBs and angled cruisers, but it can struggle against other targets. Keep moving, and always be on the look out for those opportune targets that will let your AP rounds do their thing. When all else fails, reach for your decent HE rounds, as they will make a mark. I call Vanguard the biggest CA in the fleet, because that’s how she plays.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
104
[UNNAT]
Beta Testers
618 posts
1,634 battles
4 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

You have to prioritize targets of opportunity. Vanguard is like Roma, it loves taking bites out of side-on BBs and angled cruisers, but it can struggle against other targets. Keep moving, and always be on the look out for those opportune targets that will let your AP rounds do their thing. When all else fails, reach for your decent HE rounds, as they will make a mark. I call Vanguard the biggest CA in the fleet, because that’s how she plays.

But, cant any battleship do those things? makes it seem like a toothless BB rather than a giant CA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,505
[SYN]
Members
15,332 posts
12,337 battles
11 minutes ago, Prkl8r said:

But, cant any battleship do those things? makes it seem like a toothless BB rather than a giant CA.

Monarch says hello

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
407
[BS]
Members
1,515 posts
8,065 battles
35 minutes ago, Prkl8r said:

I'm having trouble doing damage in this ship.

It can maneuver well but it's guns feel anemic even as accurate as they are.

Anybody that owns this ship have tips?

Accurate?! It doesn't have the vertical dispersion of Northcarolina. Not accurate despite 2.0 sigma

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
104
[UNNAT]
Beta Testers
618 posts
1,634 battles
Just now, HorrorRoach said:

Accurate?! It doesn't have the vertical dispersion of Northcarolina. Not accurate despite 2.0 sigma

Well...It's billed as accurate anyway. In practice, Sometimes my shells stay in a tight group, and sometimes they drift all over the place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
104
[UNNAT]
Beta Testers
618 posts
1,634 battles
9 minutes ago, MrDeaf said:

Monarch says hello

Oh, I am well aware of the Monarchs problems. I would rather have KGV in a T8 game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,556
[SIM]
Members
3,756 posts
6,218 battles
1 hour ago, Prkl8r said:

But, cant any battleship do those things? makes it seem like a toothless BB rather than a giant CA.

The Vanguard’s high-ish penetration, accuracy, and reload speed make it particularly good at those things, moreso than a lot of other BBs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×