Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Commander_367

Cost for Steel Campaign?

12 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

821
[WOLF2]
Members
3,278 posts
14,884 battles

Congratulations WG on your strategic and aggressive marketing efforts. After various fall promotions, the Halloween and "B" ships, the X-mas blowout and other money sinks - I'm pretty sure I'll be tapped out within a matter of days!

What is WG going to do to us with this steel campaign and how badly is it going to hurt? Do they really want to suck all the life force out of us before 2019 even begins?

Don't break the bank - that would bad for business, not to mention poor form :)

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,791
[PVE]
Members
15,152 posts
9,929 battles

I figure we will find out the Steel campaign cost in the 7.12 patch notes. It is looking like patch 7.12 will drop on Dec 19th, so figure the patch notes will hit the 18th. 

 

As a WAG, I would expect the campaign to be $20-$40 depending on the amount of steel given out.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
471
[EQRN]
Members
1,101 posts
11,635 battles

Last year we had 2 events, the get-DoY-for-free, and the T6 ship/perma-camo/Scharn-winter-camo.  The T6 thing could only be started with a DoY game.  I took the free approach and thoroughly burned myself out trying to get all the T6 stuff in only a few days.  Had one bought the DoY, they would have had the entire period to leisurely grind out stuff.  So no-cost/high stress vs $/no stress. In hindsight, I’d take the less stress route.  Not interested in the PEF, and I’ve ground out almost every line past T6, steel is of only slight interest to me, so I plan on taking it easy this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
215
[S0L0]
Beta Testers
645 posts
4,811 battles
8 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

Last year we had 2 events, the get-DoY-for-free, and the T6 ship/perma-camo/Scharn-winter-camo.  The T6 thing could only be started with a DoY game.  I took the free approach and thoroughly burned myself out trying to get all the T6 stuff in only a few days.  Had one bought the DoY, they would have had the entire period to leisurely grind out stuff.  So no-cost/high stress vs $/no stress. In hindsight, I’d take the less stress route.  Not interested in the PEF, and I’ve ground out almost every line past T6, steel is of only slight interest to me, so I plan on taking it easy this season.

Yep i went the $/no stress route for the Graf Spee and DoY campaigns.  Very glad i did, kept it fun and not like work to get it done. Wil probably do same for PEF.  Too much else going on to devote hours per day to WoWS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
651
[LOU1]
Members
3,653 posts
9,853 battles
7 hours ago, missile742 said:

Yep i went the $/no stress route for the Graf Spee and DoY campaigns.  Very glad i did, kept it fun and not like work to get it done. Wil probably do same for PEF.  Too much else going on to devote hours per day to WoWS

I've been thinking the same thing with Cossack on my young Steam account.  I have 48 Guineas there and am finding it difficult and stressful to (take the time to) work on the last two with several new boats on my main account to master and 19-pointers to grind.  It has occurred to me that there would be no "shame" in spending $1.98 and getting rid of the stress.  BTW, finished the Cossack up at the start of last weeks Directives on my main account.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,791
[PVE]
Members
15,152 posts
9,929 battles
27 minutes ago, ExploratorOne said:

I've been thinking the same thing with Cossack on my young Steam account.  I have 48 Guineas there and am finding it difficult and stressful to (take the time to) work on the last two with several new boats on my main account to master and 19-pointers to grind.  It has occurred to me that there would be no "shame" in spending $1.98 and getting rid of the stress.  BTW, finished the Cossack up at the start of last weeks Directives on my main account.

You can only get 48 from in-game, so if you have not bought any, then buy the last two and buy Cossack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,791
[PVE]
Members
15,152 posts
9,929 battles
6 minutes ago, Camo68 said:

Have they advised any of the rewards yet?

Nope, probably won't find out until the patch notes on the 18th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11
[SLOTH]
[SLOTH]
Members
69 posts
5,718 battles

PTS gives several medium containers and 3-5k steel I think, so I'm assuming ~50$ for it

Edited by dukelego

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
718 posts

$50 for the steel campaign i think would be to much.  At least for me it would be, $15-20 is more reasonable but we will have to wait and see.  Im assuming that PEF will cost around same as warspite somewhere around $30 should you chose to buy it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
471
[EQRN]
Members
1,101 posts
11,635 battles

Without steel, they could have sold access for $5-10 and made a killing, with steel the price is going to be way too high, imo.

At first I was thinking this was a good idea, now not so much: the people who need/want steel don't need anything else from the campaign, the people who want T6 ships and camo probably don't need steel yet, so whoever buys into this is having the price jacked up because of stuff in the deal they don't need.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,791
[PVE]
Members
15,152 posts
9,929 battles
5 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

Without steel, they could have sold access for $5-10 and made a killing, with steel the price is going to be way too high, imo.

At first I was thinking this was a good idea, now not so much: the people who need/want steel don't need anything else from the campaign, the people who want T6 ships and camo probably don't need steel yet, so whoever buys into this is having the price jacked up because of stuff in the deal they don't need.

I think that you are getting the campaigns mixed up. There will be three and a collection.

 

There will be the In the Name of His Highness, which will have 4 Directives and the final reward is PEF.

 

There will be a campaign using PEF to get T6 ships.

 

Both of the PEF campaigns will have Christmas crates, not Santa ones, that will drop the collection item to get a Santa crate.

 

The third campaign will be the one for Steel that you buy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×