Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
mustangman6579

What happened in ranked Sprint 2? What did you mess up WG?

17 comments in this topic

[DNGRZ]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,253 posts
5,748 battles

So I know this topic is way old. I just haven't been on the forums in months. So sorry this is a month old topic now. 

But what changes between sprint 1 and 2? Because 2 was single handedly the WORST season of ranked I've EVER played. I felt as if I was being trolled. Never have I seen so many people TRYING To lose a match. I'd run out of reports in just a couple of games. 

Example, here is sprint one. 

shot-18.11.11_23.29.13-0609.jpg

and here is Sprint Two. 

shot-18.11.11_23.28.49-0804.jpg

The only real difference in my stats between the two beside of obvious w/r, is the k/d ratio. WAY lower because I kept getting teams who didn't shoot anything. 

• Boring 1

[LOU1]
Members
3,658 posts
9,868 battles

I only played a few battles in Sprint 2 because it did seem less "enjoyable".  My quick conclusion was that adding the extra ships was the cause.

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
10,651 posts
19,815 battles
49 minutes ago, ExploratorOne said:

I only played a few battles in Sprint 2 because it did seem less "enjoyable".  My quick conclusion was that adding the extra ships was the cause.

Too much like regular Ranked; I completely agree.

[VW]
Members
2,599 posts
14,662 battles

Allost every rank was irrevocable. On a loss you should have come out on top. It was very easy compared to real ranked. The question is will they bring real ranked back, or is clan battles the only way to get steel without paying from now on?

[DNGRZ]
1,253 posts
5,748 battles
21 hours ago, ExploratorOne said:

Didn't they only add 1 ship? Or was it two? Weird to think that could be only it. 

[LOU1]
Members
3,658 posts
9,868 battles
37 minutes ago, mustangman6579 said:

Didn't they only add 1 ship? Or was it two? Weird to think that could be only it. 

Added two.  I thought it was a strange change to the feel, too.

[WMD]
Members
801 posts
6,974 battles

It may also have been because it was so close to sprint season 1, I know I had little interest in the working through to rank 1 a second time in a month.

[JASH]
Members
3,719 posts
10,400 battles

Mo players mo problems. 

8 v. 8 simply gets you more potential goobers to carry.  That's why I haven't bothered to play the 8 v. 8 format.

Edited by MrKilmister

[DNGRZ]
1,253 posts
5,748 battles
21 hours ago, VeatherVitch said:

It may also have been because it was so close to sprint season 1, I know I had little interest in the working through to rank 1 a second time in a month.

21 hours ago, Fog_Battlecruiser_Haruna said:

didnt like ranked sprint 2, belt too much like randoms played 3 matches and said nope.

20 hours ago, MrKilmister said:

Mo players mo problems. 

8 v 8 simply gets you more potential goobers carry.  That's why I haven't bothered to play the 8 v 8 format.

Ah, so possible a lot of the normal ranked players were burned out or simply didn't play. This right here could explain a lot. 

Members
1,006 posts
12,843 battles

ranked 2 was faster for me, i think i never bothered to look. showing a strong win rtae of 63%   33 games and done.

63.64%

Members
1,006 posts
12,843 battles
Just now, Rilak said:

ranked 2 was faster for me, i think i never bothered to look. showing a strong win rate of 63%   33 games and done. divisions in there did you div at all ?

small sample size also thinking of getting 70% wins is a bit unrealistic back to back, what do you get in regular ranked ?  im always mid 50s on win rate.

63.64%

[KSD]
Members
933 posts
5,738 battles

Yup. Sprint 2 was with 8 people... made it much more harder to carry. In sprint 1 I wouldve careiwd my team to victory even with 3 enemies alive. Unfortunately too many potatoes and I had to jump in my nicholas to frikkin carry myself to rank 1 as all other DDs were just suicidal....

Members
1,626 posts
8,563 battles

It was the 8v8 format. It was super easy to rank out in sprint 1, because I could actually carry most games. However, in sprint 2, with more players it was much harder to carry and make up the odds. I much prefer 6 per team. I think 8 is way too much, 7 is still kind of meh, but 6 to me felt like the sweet spot.

Sign in to follow this