You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Helstrem

Status of Giulio Cesare

29 comments in this topic

[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,958 posts
2,812 battles

Did I miss an announcement that the Giulio Cesare was being permanently removed from the premium shop?  On previous permanent removals the CCs, particularly LWM, have let it be known that the ship was being removed.  I don't recall seeing anything like that and it was recently in the store and being handed out like candy to get old players to come back.  I ask because I see it is one of the ships being used in the add to sell Santa Crates, and all the other ships shown have been permanently removed.

ad.thumb.png.3ae92c036123d165de6693d3999c175e.png

[WOLF7]
Members
11,901 posts
1 minute ago, Helstrem said:

Did I miss an announcement that the Giulio Cesare was being permanently removed from the premium shop?  On previous permanent removals the CCs, particularly LWM, have let it be known that the ship was being removed.  I don't recall seeing anything like that and it was recently in the store and being handed out like candy to get old players to come back.  I ask because I see it is one of the ships being used in the add to sell Santa Crates, and all the other ships shown have been permanently removed.

ad.thumb.png.3ae92c036123d165de6693d3999c175e.png

They never did...they simply stealth removed it from the shop way back, and never said a word, or responded to any questions regarding it....:Smile_teethhappy:

Which is kind of bizarre, considering how many they gave away for free last year, and how cheap they sold it at Xmas. And it's still one of the top played Tier 5's.

Kind of like locking the door after the horse went out and founded a dynasty.

Edited by awiggin

[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,958 posts
2,812 battles
Just now, awiggin said:

They never did...they simply stealth removed it from the shop way back, and never said a word, or responded to any questions regarding it....:Smile_teethhappy:

It was available in the store pretty recently as I recall.

This doesn't affect me personally as I bought one as a prospective Italian captain trainer when the initial reviews were glowing, but I thought its status ought to be cleared up.

[WOLF7]
Members
11,901 posts
1 minute ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

They're probably just cycling her.  They do this a lot with ships.

Really? Why would they list it with all the rare, no longer sold ships then?

• Cool 1

[SIDE]
Members
2,385 posts

You don’t want one. When facing tier 7 it can struggle to bow pen angled Colorado’s and it’s secondaries are no match for Gneisenaus torpedos. Oh, and Saipans modestly overpowered planes will overwhelm your AA. Yeah, boat is super weak. Stay away!

Edited by thebigblue
  • Funny 1

[WOLF7]
Members
11,901 posts
22 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

It was available in the store pretty recently as I recall.

This doesn't affect me personally as I bought one as a prospective Italian captain trainer when the initial reviews were glowing, but I thought its status ought to be cleared up.

Well, that's the really amusing part of all this, 2/3rds of the population already have the ship, what's the point of removing it at all at that point?:Smile_amazed:

Members
4,729 posts
8,233 battles
23 minutes ago, thebigblue said:

You don’t want one. When facing tier 7 it can struggle to bow pen angled Colorado’s and it’s secondaries are no match for Gneisenaus torpedos. Oh, and Saipans modestly overpowered planes will overwhelm your AA. Yeah, boat is super weak. Stay away!

Boat is NOT weak. Very high win rate. 56% is weak?

Edited by dmckay

[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,958 posts
2,812 battles
22 minutes ago, thebigblue said:

I have one.  It is a good ship.  I made this post to get clarification on the status of the ship for general knowledge purposes.

Members
4,729 posts
8,233 battles
2 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

I have one.  It is a good ship.  I made this post to get clarification on the status of the ship for general knowledge purposes.

Potent ship.

[SIDE]
Members
2,385 posts
5 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

No radar , torps or hydro. Easily the worst tier 9 cruiser in the game. 

• Funny 3

[STW-M]
Members
3,198 posts
7,666 battles
49 minutes ago, thebigblue said:

It's a potent ship no doubt, but a mistake while sailing it can and will be punished incredibly hard.

Its guns are quite nice and it's fairly maneuverable and stealthy, but the weaknesses you stated are very much true—MM struggles, poor secondaries, etc. are all true.

I recall back in my brief dabble into ranked sprint when I dev-struck 3 Giulio Cesares in 3 battles while sailing Texas—they evidently overestimated their ship's abilities. Yes, when properly angled and against equal or lower or equal tier opponents, she is basically Imperator Nikolai 2, but even then showing broadside can mean being summarily handed a swift trip back to port. And against higher tier opponents or carriers, that margin of error decreases dramatically.

It's a battleship that rewards good sailing, but reacts very poorly to shoddy tactics. Those who know what to do with her will thrive, those who don't will find her to be no better or worse than any other battleship.

Ultimately, it's up to the one who sails her to determine whether she succeeds or fails. If they're confidant, I see no reason why they shouldn't buy her.

[WOLF3]
Members
20,446 posts
18,810 battles
3 hours ago, awiggin said:

Really? Why would they list it with all the rare, no longer sold ships then?

Because it gets chumps to buy the crates.

[WOLF7]
Members
11,901 posts
20 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Because it gets chumps to buy the crates.

Why in the world would anyone roll crates for it? :Smile_amazed:

Odds are terrible unless you have most all ships, and any wallet warrior would already have it, it was sold dirt cheap and given away by the ton...

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,550 posts
12,281 battles

my bad, misread title as "statues":fish_palm:

I know you can't buy it in the store but wasn't it for sale for doubloons about 6 months ago?:Smile_unsure:

[WOLF3]
Members
20,446 posts
18,810 battles
19 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Why in the world would anyone roll crates for it? :Smile_amazed:

Odds are terrible unless you have most all ships, and any wallet warrior would already have it, it was sold dirt cheap and given away by the ton...

Why roll crates for it?

Just look at all the Santa Crate threads.  People aren't opening them for flags and camo, etc.  They want ships.  The only thing WG didn't put in were the Premium Carriers.

Members
4,729 posts
8,233 battles
3 hours ago, thebigblue said:

No radar , torps or hydro. Easily the worst tier 9 cruiser in the game. 

J Cesare is tier 5 and it is a Battleship. Are you talking bout this ship? 

Edited by dmckay
  • Funny 2

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,713 posts
11,758 battles

The inability of several in this thread to identify sardonic comments is troubling...

• Funny 1

[SIDE]
Members
2,385 posts
13 minutes ago, mofton said:

The inability of several in this thread to identify sardonic comments is troubling...

IKR?

Makes me laugh though.

Members
23 posts
4,042 battles
34 minutes ago, dmckay said:

I think he's confusing it with the tier seven Italian CA.

[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,958 posts
2,812 battles
38 minutes ago, dmckay said:

He was joking because its stats are relatively similar to ships like Kronshtadt and Alaska.

Members
310 posts
6,861 battles
4 hours ago, thebigblue said:

It may be weak at T7, but at T5 it's a monster and at T6 it holds it own.

[SIDE]
Members
2,385 posts

Cesare is one ship I really don’t worry about anything MM related in. In my opinion it’s one of the best (if not the very best) boats, tier for tier, in the game. It’s fast, agile, turrets spin, has good armor and the shells have good penetration, range and dispersion. It has no problem +1+2. 

Cant believe the sarcasm from my previous posts was lost on so many...

Edited by thebigblue