You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
MEANN

Pc chat

51 comments in this topic

[HATE]
Members
193 posts
11,599 battles

It seems wg has gone PC. In as much as I tend to speak my mind, abuse is wrong. However, sometimes public shame is a.means to get players to not do stupid stuff. Take. BB in to a cap. Go off alone with no support and just die, not that this is a team game. It is a cooperation with 12 individuals with a common goal. Win. When you have dds that are behind BBs, or BBs hiding in the back. Cruisers on the 10 or A line. Sometimes you have to call someone a fuxking idiot. But you get chat ban and potentially loose your account. I have north of 7k games and a lot of money invested in the game. Bad play should be punished as much as misbehaving in chat. 4 dds, no one caps. 6 ships in one square. Words never caused a loss. You know what happens when you get offended...nothing. you don't get leprosy. This is a war game. Not my little pony and friends. Put a parental advisory lable and move on. There is the ability to not see what someone says. It is called blacklist. Then you don't have to see. This game causes tempers to flare up. Venting is not such a bad thing. 

• Cool 4
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1
  • Angry 1

[USCC2]
Members
4,774 posts

You state 'sometimes you have to call someone......idiot' - sometimes you've got to expect a chat ban when you do so.

Seems relatively simple to remember. :Smile_amazed:

Edited by _WaveRider_
  • Cool 3

[5D]
Members
2,753 posts
16,654 battles

What's this common goal you speak of, never seen it. There's always several doing their own thing and with the inability to mass communicate you'll never have everyone working together.

Members
717 posts
8,084 battles

I get frustrated also, but I have my hands full playing my destroyer and keeping an eye on the mini map to actually see what each individual teammate is doing. Sometimes I feel like calling someone out but it turns out they were number one on the leaderboard. I guess I could watch my teammates like  a hawk, but then I would not be playing my own game.  I really don’t see any advantage to being an Adam Henri unless you’re just getting your own frustration out .

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
20,376 posts
11,316 battles
1 minute ago, _WaveRider_ said:

You state 'sometimes you have to call someone......idiot' - sometimes you've got to expect a chat ban when you do so.

Seems relatively simple to remember. :Smile_amazed:

This and it seems that the OP got one of those chat bans but he did a good job of not saying that so he avoids the wrath of the mods. Saying something like this "You shouldn't have done that, doing this will work better in the future." will get a far better response although the name and the clan tag probably don't help either.

Just now, 1SneakyDevil said:

What's this common goal you speak of, never seen it. There's always several doing their own thing and with the inability to mass communicate you'll never have everyone working together.

The common goal in every match is winning.

• Cool 1

[WMD]
Members
817 posts
6,999 battles
11 minutes ago, MEANN said:

It seems wg has gone PC. In as much as I tend to speak my mind, abuse is wrong. However, sometimes public shame is a.means to get players to not do stupid stuff. Take. BB in to a cap. Go off alone with no support and just die, not that this is a team game. It is a cooperation with 12 individuals with a common goal. Win. When you have dds that are behind BBs, or BBs hiding in the back. Cruisers on the 10 or A line. Sometimes you have to call someone a fuxking idiot. But you get chat ban and potentially loose your account. I have north of 7k games and a lot of money invested in the game. Bad play should be punished as much as misbehaving in chat. 4 dds, no one caps. 6 ships in one square. Words never caused a loss. You know what happens when you get offended...nothing. you don't get leprosy. This is a war game. Not my little pony and friends. Put a parental advisory lable and move on. There is the ability to not see what someone says. It is called blacklist. Then you don't have to see. This game causes tempers to flare up. Venting is not such a bad thing. 

This is a typical defense used by bullies everywhere. Words matter, but how you say them matters far more...

Calling a team mate an idiot isn't going to inspire them to do any better, or "git gud". All calling someone an idiot(or whatever you prefer) does is cause them to get defensive and ignore any point you might have had. If the team is doing poorly a polite suggestion will work better, and won't result in a chat ban. 

Also, from my experience in war, the "leaders" that stormed around yelling and screaming were abusive idiots that weren't respected by the troops that worked for or with them. The real leaders were the ones that talked to people with respect, and displayed calm professionalism.

• Cool 3

[5D]
Members
2,753 posts
16,654 battles
2 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

The common goal in every match is winning.

When I started playing this game yes but now there are many "I'm here to have fun" types that could care less about winning.

[USCC2]
Members
4,774 posts
10 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

This and it seems that the OP got one of those chat bans but he did a good job of not saying that so he avoids the wrath of the mods. Saying something like this "You shouldn't have done that, doing this will work better in the future." will get a far better response although the name and the clan tag probably don't help either.

Very much so (although then some can still react negatively). I'll usually keep it to:

1.  'watch out you have no support to help' = a person has gone yolo and is destined to blame his team all match as soon as he dies.

2. 'anyone spotted the radar ship?' = a DD is going into a cap and it doesn't look as though he has an escape route planned and no on has seen one of the radar ships (and is destined to blame his team all match as soon as he dies).

3. 'be careful, that ship has torps' = a ship has gone 1vs 1, you would think he was going to win (he might even win), but then gets tagged by those torps! (and is destined to....well, you know!). :Smile_teethhappy:

(Mind you some of those dead man torps are evil!!! :Smile_sceptic:)

Edited by _WaveRider_

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
7,190 posts
8,357 battles
21 minutes ago, MEANN said:

Wall of text, but do love your clan name. 

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
6,039 posts
16,063 battles

of course one can also report the post for misspelled profanity!

• Cool 1

[BOTO]
Members
460 posts
10,164 battles
27 minutes ago, MEANN said:

So what should your punishment be, given that you have a win rate below 50%?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[H_]
Members
2,175 posts

Trolling we are, yes?   "If you can't something nice, don't say anything at all...." 

We haven't met in game but, if I'm an Idiot, the blocked option is now active.  I don't want stress this game is meant to reduce, yes?!

Edited by Asym_KS

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,545 posts
12,226 battles

I agree, people get waaaaaay to offended easily today. its pathetic.:fish_palm: add in the fact they refuse to use the block button and say that people that"offend" them should just be banned instead, just proves they're doing it for attention.  :Smile_sceptic: 

[BOTO]
Members
460 posts
10,164 battles
8 minutes ago, MEANN said:

Attacking me is not discussing the topic.

Your hypocrisy is showing, you might want to cover that up.

• Cool 1

[5D]
Members
2,753 posts
16,654 battles
22 minutes ago, RenamedUser_1001278837 said:

So what should your punishment be, given that you have a win rate below 50%?

So what you're really saying is that he's a salty BBaby who can't carry :Smile-_tongue:

[HATE]
Members
193 posts
11,599 battles
10 minutes ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

So what you're really saying is that he's a salty BBaby who can't carry :Smile-_tongue:

You really shouldn't talk. you guys are not even ranked. 

[HATE] Misanthrope

Members count 47
Active members count 39
Personal Rating (PR) 1 525
Average Win rate 54.4%
Average Damage 56 061
Clan strength - Total 61
Clan strength - Clan battles 81
Clans leaderboard
Win rate 101
Average Damage 50
Personal Rating (PR) 78
Strength: Total 36
Strength: Clan battles 31
 defines as: The general hatred and distrust of the human species. However! The individual has merit, if you are an individual of merit. Please apply.

[5D5] 5D5 - Fifth Dimension's 5th Fleet

Members count 23
Active members count 17
Personal Rating (PR) 1 110
Average Win rate 50.16%
Average Damage 40 987
Clan strength - Total 28
Clan strength - Clan battles 36

Signature

1000048157.png

[BOTO]
Members
460 posts
10,164 battles
9 minutes ago, MEANN said:

[HATE] Misanthrope

Members count 47
Active members count 39
Average Win rate 54.4%
Average Damage 56 061
Clan strength - Total 61
Clans leaderboard
Win rate 101
Average Damage 50
Personal Rating (PR) 78
 defines as: The general hatred and distrust of the human species. However! The individual has merit, if you are an individual of merit. Please apply.

Members count 23
Active members count 17
Average Win rate 50.16%
Average Damage 40 987
Clan strength - Total 28

Signature

1000048157.png

You're either a troll or completely blind to your own blatant hypocrisy.  Either way, it's hilarious.

[5D]
Members
2,753 posts
16,654 battles
12 minutes ago, MEANN said:

[HATE] Misanthrope

Members count 47
Active members count 39
Average Win rate 54.4%
Average Damage 56 061
Clan strength - Total 61
Clans leaderboard
Win rate 101
Average Damage 50
Personal Rating (PR) 78

Members count 23
Active members count 17
Average Win rate 50.16%
Average Damage 40 987
Clan strength - Total 28

Signature

1000048157.png

Hey moron, I played on 5D's Bravo team last season, I'm helping a sub-clan this time around. So another can't carry moment in forums now.

[WMD]
Members
817 posts
6,999 battles
38 minutes ago, MEANN said:

Attacking me is not discussing the topic.

So what was the point of your orignal post? To say that you should be able to call people names, or say whatever you want concequence free? That's not how online games work, it's not even how the real world works.

If you're feeling salty yell at your computer like normal person, or take the chat bans that come from acting like a bully.

• Cool 1

[HATE]
Members
193 posts
11,599 battles

none of 5d fleets are above us in rank. it would not matter which one you were in. your main fleet is usually a good fight and are usually ranked higher. but you are not carrying anything in clan wars. it is a team game in that context. 

[HATE]
Members
193 posts
11,599 battles
1 minute ago, VeatherVitch said:

So what was the point of your orignal post? To say that you should be able to call people names, or say whatever you want concequence free? That's not how online games work, it's not even how the real world works.

If you're feeling salty yell at your computer like normal person, or take the chat bans that come from acting like a bully.

perhaps i didnt articulate myself well enough. i am seeing more people get chat banned for anything not just calling out stupid crap. i said abuse is not acceptable. however sometimes a bit of colorful conversation can move someone to join the team such as it may be in randoms

[WOLFG]
Members
5,269 posts
3,092 battles
2 minutes ago, MEANN said:

perhaps i didnt articulate myself well enough. i am seeing more people get chat banned for anything not just calling out stupid crap. i said abuse is not acceptable. however sometimes a bit of colorful conversation can move someone to join the team such as it may be in randoms

And sometimes it leads to threads like this.

You may consider people overly sensitive, but you know the rules.

[WMD]
Members
817 posts
6,999 battles

Some people do abuse the report chat function for sure, I've seen people comment they reported a player for a very minor thing. I think the system is useful though, because there are a lot of people that go too far, and should get a warning before a ban hammer comes down from WG.