You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
General_Strom

Look WG I am really tired of all these flame throwing DD that down massive ships.

169 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
346 posts
3,202 battles

Look WG I am really tired of all these flame throwing DD that down massive ships at high tiers.  Just my 2 cents  It is not balanced and not fun Please do SOMETHING!

• Cool 12
  • Funny 4
  • Boring 12
  • Angry 1

[USCC2]
Members
4,774 posts

They don't. The DD doesn't even score the HP value to take down a BB in an average game; I'm not sure if you may be annoyed at a DD starting a fire that then helped finish you off?

Edited by _WaveRider_
  • Cool 2

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,832 posts
3 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

They don't. The average DD doesn't even score the HP value to take down a BB; I'm not sure if you may be annoyed at a DD starting a fire that then helped finish you off?

Khaba Isn't the average DD:cap_rambo:

• Cool 1

[ICOP]
Members
1,067 posts
3,898 battles

Does not the Repair Party repair 100% of fire damage??  Are they not Captain skills/flags/upgrades which help with negating fire damage??

• Cool 2

[-MM-]
Members
251 posts
17,420 battles
  • Below 1000 PR player? Check
  • Sub 50% Win Rate? Check
  • Battleship main? Check
  • USN fanboi? Check
  • No high tier DD experience? Check

Seriously have you tried getting better at the game instead of whining?

Edited by DoIphin_Princess
  • Cool 31
  • Funny 14
  • Boring 1
  • Angry 1

[YETI]
Members
120 posts
6,470 battles
17 minutes ago, General_Strom said:

Look WG I am really tired of all these flame throwing DD that down massive ships at high tiers.  Just my 2 cents  It is not balanced and not fun Please do SOMETHING!

That's what i thought when I was a BB main, but now playing DD's a lot am realizing how hard it is to start fires and get consistant damage with my guns in gun boat DD's.

[-ARP-]
Members
595 posts
12,501 battles

1. Spec fire prevention

2. Spec BOS

3. Use all damage reduction modules

4. Use fire reduction flag

You should be down to a 24 second fire, and fire damage is 100% repairable. You don't need to heal one fire. With that build you don't need to heal two fires.

If you are dying to fire you are not managing your  cover or skills well.

Edited by Cit_the_bed
  • Cool 5

[NLIST]
[NLIST]
Beta Testers
1,345 posts
13,061 battles
10 minutes ago, temp1ar said:

That's what i thought when I was a BB main, but now playing DD's a lot am realizing how hard it is to start fires and get consistant damage with my guns in gun boat DD's.

Agreed, While I enjoy playing DD's ( especially tiers 5-7 ), it is a much bigger challenge to play them well at tiers 8-10.  It's certainly harder to survive and still have a consistent impact on your team.  The OP is typical of the myopic players who "specialize" in one ship type and only see the game from their perspective.  I try to play every ship type ( even CV's ) so that I have a better understanding of the game mechanics and meta.  The number of whinge threads where players complain about one ship or class would drop by 90% if people took the time to play that ship or class for 100 matches to experience how hard it is.  The truth is that player skill trumps ship class ability in the game.

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
4,226 posts
15,313 battles
31 minutes ago, General_Strom said:

^^^ Just some advise, Go to WOT, and wih your CC buy

• the must over powered Capable tank.
  • Gold Ammo to go with it

Unlike WOT, WOWS still have ships that are beatable. HOWEVER, If WOWS becomes WOT in where ships

• have limited to no threats against,
  • have higher capabilities then the fleet it will face or join.
  • need to buy SPecial ammo to cause any dmg production to win.

Then I am out of here quicker then Speedy Gonzalez

[USCC2]
Members
4,774 posts
33 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

Khaba Isn't the average DD:cap_rambo:

It also doesn't do more than the lowest average Cruiser in damage and again, no where near the damage of a BB HP - take a look at the stats. :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 2

[STW-M]
Members
300 posts
8,356 battles
7 minutes ago, BiggieD61 said:

Agreed, While I enjoy playing DD's ( especially tiers 5-7 ), it is a much bigger challenge to play them well at tiers 8-10.  It's certainly harder to survive and still have a consistent impact on your team.  The OP is typical of the myopic players who "specialize" in one ship type and only see the game from their perspective.  I try to play every ship type ( even CV's ) so that I have a better understanding of the game mechanics and meta.  The number of whinge threads where players complain about one ship or class would drop by 90% if people took the time to play that ship or class for 100 matches to experience how hard it is.  The truth is that player skill trumps ship class ability in the game.

I like the cut of your jib.....Skipper. 

I don't have any complaints about other classes, my only complaint is that I make stupid mistakes and get sunk, puts me in Potato Class.

• Cool 2

Beta Testers
346 posts
3,202 battles

I was attacked by a Hurugamo and it torched 3 fires and ate me ALIVE in a 3/4 full Iowa. I was facing away from it and could not even turn to fire on it before he sank me.  I have noticed and you folks can keep track too but I find the side that loses its DD first is usually the side to lose the game.  Which makes one think that Cruisers and BBs are having difficulties killing DDs.  Unless of course if I am playing in a DD then I seem to be a sitting duck :cap_rambo:

• Funny 1

[USCC2]
Members
4,774 posts
1 minute ago, General_Strom said:

I was attacked by a Hurugamo and it torched 3 fires and ate me ALIVE in a 3/4 full Iowa. I was facing away from it and could not even turn to fire on it before he sank me.  I have noticed and you folks can keep track too but I find the side that loses its DD first is usually the side to lose the game.  Which makes one think that Cruisers and BBs are having difficulties killing DDs.

Again, nope; DDs have the lowest survival rate.

So to recap, on average they have the lowest damage and do not score the amount of HP in damage to kill a BB. On average they are the ship that has the lowest survival rate.

It sounds as if you unfortunately found yourself without support and your damage repair/heals used up (happens to us all sometimes :Smile_honoring:)

Beta Testers
1,941 posts
10,762 battles

I agree with OP. Big ships should be sunk more consistently by torpedoes and flood, not fire. Buff the torps already.

• Cool 1

[AWP]
[AWP]
Members
1,016 posts
1 hour ago, General_Strom said:

Cut fire damage in HALF to 7% of total health and make it so only pens can set fires, wham bam, fire damage is fixed on the disproportionate damage they are able to deal to battleships.

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[WMD]
Members
825 posts
7,065 battles
9 minutes ago, General_Strom said:

I was attacked by a Hurugamo and it torched 3 fires and ate me ALIVE in a 3/4 full Iowa. I was facing away from it and could not even turn to fire on it before he sank me.  I have noticed and you folks can keep track too but I find the side that loses its DD first is usually the side to lose the game.  Which makes one think that Cruisers and BBs are having difficulties killing DDs.  Unless of course if I am playing in a DD then I seem to be a sitting duck :cap_rambo:

The reason the team that loses DDs first gernerally loses the game is because of the spotting and capping DDs do. If a DD is engaging a 3/4 health BB it's doing it because the DD has used skill and concealment to get into an advantageous position and likely has speed and smoke up to disengage if things go wrong.

You got outplayed by a skilled skipper in a situationally OP boat.

• Cool 3

[YETI]
Members
120 posts
6,470 battles

Lets look at it from a different perspective, how many times have you instantly deleted or reduced more than 75% of a light cruisers HP, in a single salvo, in your BB?   Should we than nerf BB guns to prevent such occurances?   No because at the end ships balance themselvds out for ths most part.   Its potato players, me included, that make bad decisions that creates game imbalances.

• Cool 2

[WMD]
Members
825 posts
7,065 battles
2 minutes ago, Atom_Alchemist said:

Cut fire damage in HALF to 7% of total health and make it so only pens can set fires, wham bam, fire damage is fixed on the disproportionate damage they are able to deal to battleships.

It's not disporportionate, and BBs can heal 100% of the fire damage back.

[AWP]
[AWP]
Members
1,016 posts
On 12/8/2018 at 8:42 AM, VeatherVitch said:

It's not disporportionate, and BBs can heal 100% of the fire damage back.

Fires outpace heals EASILY, remember a single fire with no anti fire measures deals 18% of a battleships health, , a heal, other then uk super heals only heal 14% of their total health back. If you get two fires, thats 36% your life, 3 fires is 54% of your total life, and 4 fires is 72% of a battleships total health..taken away in 60 seconds.

You can't angle fire damage, you can't avoid it. you can't wag your [edited]and avoid the incoming shells with WASD hacks either, you can't even hide from it via stealth. You are slow, you are a big target, it takes 20 seconds to even START a turn, and you have not 1, but 4 fire sections, and high tier ships WILL light a fire within 2 volleys. hell they will light MULTIPLE fires...If you think "healing it" is a valid answer to fire damage, your not paying attention.

Edited by Atom_Alchemist
  • Cool 5

[KRAK]
Members
2,685 posts
17,356 battles
1 hour ago, General_Strom said:

I am terrible in BBs and I never had this issue you made up. It will take a good 3 to 4 minutes or more for a DD to burn you down if they are the only ship firing at you. You put yourself out of position if this is happening to you.

You seem to be confused. The DD is not the only ship firing at you 90 percent of the time and you just happen to be dying to the fire damage at the end of everyone pumping shells into you.

I have a tip for you if you are confronted with a DD in smoke firing at you. Stop trying to turn tail and run and rush the smoke. Turning your tail just ensures you will be killed by said DD.

[WMD]
Members
825 posts
7,065 battles
3 minutes ago, Atom_Alchemist said:

Fires outpace heals EASILY, remember a single fire with no anti fire measures deals 18% of a battleships health, , a heal, other then uk super heals only heal 14% of their total health back. If you get two fires, thats 36% your life, 3 fires is 54% of your total life, and 4 fires is 64% of a battleships total health..taken away in 60 seconds.

You can't angle fire damage, you can't avoid it. you can't wag your [edited]and avoid the incoming shells with WASD hacks either, you can't even hide from it via stealth. You are slow, you are a big target, it takes 20 seconds to even START a turn, and you have not 1, but 4 fire sections, and high tier ships WILL light a fire within 2 volleys. hell they will light MULTIPLE fires...If you think "healing it" is a valid answer to fire damage, your not paying attention.

I play some T8+ BBs, and have learned to manage fire in spite of being a mostly DD driver. Manage heal, and repair to minimize times without one or the other while under HE fire.

If you aren't running modules, flags, and captain skills to lessen the duration and chance of fires you're doing it wrong. That would be like a DD skipper complaining about getting spotted and killed because they didn't take every concealment skill, camo, and module possible.

Edited by VeatherVitch

[KRAK]
Members
2,685 posts
17,356 battles
2 minutes ago, Atom_Alchemist said:

Fires outpace heals EASILY, remember a single fire with no anti fire measures deals 18% of a battleships health, , a heal, other then uk super heals only heal 14% of their total health back. If you get two fires, thats 36% your life, 3 fires is 54% of your total life, and 4 fires is 64% of a battleships total health..taken away in 60 seconds.

Positioning and not turning tail and running the second a dd smokes or up or is spotted prevents this burning down. WASD is a thing as well. I rarely die to a DDs fires in any ship.

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester
2,527 posts
3,601 battles

Sometimes it can be pretty comical.  Literally got roasted in 3/4 health Musashi a few nights ago by a Daring behind cover of smoke.   Had a heal available which I used..  It  kept 2-3 fires going the entire time.  Had just used a repair to stop flooding from a Deep water torpedo from elsewhere on the map.    Felt pretty helpless.  I did  finally spot it and get a volley off but only scored one AP hit for a buck nothing....   I am training a pretty crappy captain in it.    Not whining...  But when under that gun it's hard not to laugh about the helplessness of it.   i'm sure the Daring pilot got a big kick out of it. 

[AWP]
[AWP]
Members
1,016 posts
Just now, Vaffu said:

I am terrible in BBs and I never had this issue you made up. It will take a good 3 to 4 minutes or more for a DD to burn you down if they are the only ship firing at you. You put yourself out of position if this is happening to you.

You seem to be confused. The DD is not the only ship firing at you 90 percent of the time and you just happen to be dying to the fire damage at the end of everyone pumping shells into you.

I have a tip for you if you are confronted with a DD in smoke firing at you. Stop trying to turn tail and run and rush the smoke. Turning your tail just ensures you will be killed by said DD.

A gearing has a 2.5% base fire chance against a t10 ship. at 6 rounds every 3 seconds that's means it has a fire change of 15% per volley, and should setting a fire within 21 seconds...

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1