You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
x_AtomicNewt_x

Replay files GONE!!! 30 replay limit in folder??? (solved)

9 comments in this topic

[ROHAN]
Members
9 posts
5,644 battles

I just went into my replays folder, looking for a particular game that I played on November 25th to verify that I had a Turkey Kill and I find that many hundreds of replays that I had are GONE.  I have not checked the replay folder in a couple months probably so I do not know when this behavior started.
Only my most recent 30 games from yesterday and today are still there!!!
I tried an experiment... Played a game, and sure enough, when the new replay was created the oldest of the 30 was DELETED by the game...
When did WG implement this 30 replay cap????
I'm actually very pissed off about this....  I would have been archiving them to a separate folder if I had known they would be lost. (Tell me this was announced somewhere, or was in the patch notes, and I'll acquiesce)
Otherwise...  anyone else know anything about this????   Is there a new option in a cfg file to change, or will I just have to set up a script to archive my games daily?

Edited by x_AtomicNewt_x

[WAG]
Members
1,714 posts
9,510 battles
23 minutes ago, x_AtomicNewt_x said:

I just went into my replays folder, looking for a particular game that I played on November 25th to verify that I had a Turkey Kill and I find that many hundreds of replays that I had are GONE.  I have not checked the replay folder in a couple months probably so I do not know when this behavior started.
Only my most recent 32 games from yesterday and today are still there!!!
I tried an experiment... Played a game, and sure enough, when the new replay was created the oldest of the 32 was DELETED by the game...
When did WG implement this 32 replay cap????
I'm actually very pissed off about this....  I would have been archiving them to a separate folder if I had known they would be lost. (Tell me this was announced somewhere, or was in the patch notes, and I'll acquiesce)
Otherwise...  anyone else know anything about this????   Is there a new option in a cfg file to change, or will I just have to set up a script to archive my games daily?

A little thing, yes... but not so little...   WG.. you need to ADMIT you screwed up... that would go a long way... this is one of those little things that shows that the user base is not being taken into consideration when you make changes to the system. Had you asked nearly anyone if they had an opinion on this, I am sure you would have gotten enough answers to have done this a different way.

Please....  please think and consider asking the user base before you do small simple things like this.. it was one simple change that pissed off a pile of people, that could have easily been avoided had you just taken the time to ask...

..and in line with all my other "posts" of this nature... and those of others... no one ever addresses them.... they sit here unaddressed.... this is one of the communication issue I have talked about here in public forums and in PMs with staff... but they chose to ignore it all

@iKami ..please... please see what you can do to push these thoughts upstream... there are too many incidents where WG is not treatng the user base with the respect we deserve.

Edited by Elo_J_Fudpucker

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,105 posts
5,904 battles

now all those MLG super cuhrayzee replays showing you stomping the enemy are gone.

[ROHAN]
Members
9 posts
5,644 battles
1 hour ago, Cruxdei said:

now all those MLG super cuhrayzee replays showing you stomping the enemy are gone.

I'm not saying I'm a Unicum level player, and that the world has forever lost some game footage that would have amazed the Gods..... But I did lose some stuff that was important to me... A few games that I played with iChase, all of my Submarine and CV Rework replays, DMG and Kill record games....

I had made a copy of the game replays I wanted to keep, and renamed them appropriately (but kept them in the replays folder instead of moving them).

The game is DELETING ANY FILE IT FINDS in the REPLAYS folder with the .wowreplay extension that it finds. This includes files that the game did not create.

@iKami , this is an important point here..  Please pass this on to the development team , thanks

Edited by x_AtomicNewt_x

[ROHAN]
Members
9 posts
5,644 battles
13 minutes ago, ExploratorOne said:

Multiple threads on this.  Also after a Patch and BEFORE running the client, increase the count.

PERFECT...  Thank you...  Like I said, I may have missed the details in the patch notes (and I had)...  I have now updated to 500 replays (instead of 30), and will keep regular backups...

[LOU1]
Members
3,658 posts
9,868 battles
1 minute ago, x_AtomicNewt_x said:

PERFECT...  Thank you...  Like I said, I may have missed the details in the patch notes (and I had)...  I have now updated to 500 replays (instead of 30), and will keep regular backups...

You're welcome.  Also, if you run the statistical program mxstat, it will warn you if your replays start approaching the limit you set and mxstat includes an easy way to change the number of replays through its Settings menu.

[SYN]
Members
15,332 posts
12,337 battles

instead of a 4min video, here's one picture

Edited by MrDeaf
  • Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
20,322 posts
11,303 battles

Reading the patch notes or at least lurking here to find out about them if overpowered.

Creating Replays

With the release of Update 0.7.11, you will be able to record replays of your battles in World of Warships. Every player will have their 30 most recent battles recorded and stored in the /replays folder. Any previous, "older" replays will be overwritten. This feature will allow players to provide more details of any occurring issue when contacting Player Support. You can adjust the number of recorded replays using the maxReplaysToSave setting in the configuration file.

From this,

59 minutes ago, x_AtomicNewt_x said:

I'm not saying I'm a Unicum level player, and that the world has forever lost some game footage that would have amazed the Gods..... But I did lose some stuff that was important to me... A few games that I played with iChase, all of my Submarine and CV Rework replays, DMG and Kill record games....

I had made a copy of the game replays I wanted to keep, and renamed them appropriately (but kept them in the replays folder instead of moving them).

The game is DELETING ANY FILE IT FINDS in the REPLAYS folder with the .wowreplay extension that it finds. This includes files that the game did not create.

@iKami , this is an important point here..  Please pass this on to the development team , thanks

Working as intended, any replay you want to save you need to move it to another folder before the 30 replay limit is reached.