You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Legio_X_

Think we will ever see USS Maine as a low tier premium?

15 comments in this topic

[WOLFC]
Members
1,183 posts
2,840 battles

I don’t know. I have always wanted this ship. I mean this thing started the Spanish American War. I think it would be a cool low tier premium for fun.

• Cool 2

Alpha Tester
5,944 posts
2,876 battles

I doubt it. The Maine is an even older design than the Mikasa so she'd be an awful BB, and WG hasn't implemented any armoured cruisers into the game yet.

[NFFS]
Members
79 posts
5,003 battles

I would severely doubt it.  4X254 mm,  6X152 mm, and some 57mm and smaller guns are all she had.  The Mikasa - T2 BB - had 4X305 mm, 14X152 mm, and 18X80 mm guns.  The USS Maine (ACR-1) really would struggle to do much.  She did have some good belt armor, but I wonder how much of it she actually had.

Mind you, that is my 2 cents worth!  Have a good day!

[USCC2]
Members
4,774 posts
1 hour ago, Legio_X_ said:

I don’t know. I have always wanted this ship. I mean this thing started the Spanish American War. I think it would be a cool low tier premium for fun.

Who knows? We'll probably see it before we do a Tier IX FXP DD release lol :Smile_teethhappy:

[KILL]
Members
311 posts
4,051 battles

No, old design than the oldest ship we have in the game (mikasa) not a good turret layout (would have to get broadside to fire 4 guns) not many secondaries to counter main guns. I would like to see the Olympia though

[S0L0]
Members
1,168 posts
6,101 battles
47 minutes ago, embeddeddear97 said:

No, old design than the oldest ship we have in the game (mikasa) not a good turret layout (would have to get broadside to fire 4 guns) not many secondaries to counter main guns. I would like to see the Olympia though

WWI Olympia would be a neat little boat. Dewey's Olympia, not so much.

Matt

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,113 posts
5,915 battles

she was designed just to counter a brazilian battleship, pre ww2 usa was a different beast.

to tell the truth,it's easier to WG to make an operation where you rescue USS pueblo from "some bad dictator" than to get  USS maine.

[ARGSY]
Members
11,950 posts
7,605 battles

USS Maine makes Mikasa look like Yamato. Even in a "world of predreadnoughts" game with Dreadnought herself at Tier 10, she wouldn't be higher than a Tier 6.

[WOLF8]
Members
380 posts
7,298 battles

More than any of that, it’s a ship that won’t bring in much revenue.  Better for WG to spend similar resources creating something they can monetize.

Members
851 posts
10,704 battles

I’d rather see the USS Connecticut make into the game.  It’s more on par with Mikasa and I think the second to last Pre-Dreadnaught.

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
650 posts
4,821 battles

as a native Mainer I’d love to have the Maine in my port, but that is all she would ever be — port queen.  Tier 1-2 ships would eat her alive.  

• Cool 1

[XBRTC]
Members
2,803 posts
8,882 battles
5 hours ago, Grapefruitcannon said:

t1 bb   come on in......

Uh. You need to re-evaluate what the current T1 ships can do.

3 hours ago, missile742 said:

as a native Mainer I’d love to have the Maine in my port, but that is all she would ever be — port queen.  Tier 1-2 ships would eat her alive.  

Same.

1v1 against any of the Tier 1 ships, you'd still have to cheat in order to win.

[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
2,706 posts
10,041 battles

She could be done. Give Maine wyoming gun handling and improved maneuverability or secondary gun firing range and she's a wrap.