You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Tugboat1964

Request for new premium shop item - musical ships horns

11 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
4 posts
5,226 battles

I have wanted musical ships horns for a long while now.  Having recently bought the Just Like Heaven packaged West Virginia, I have been really enjoying the musical ship horn that comes with it

I would like to see custom special musical horns offered in the Premium shop and/or for gold in game - like some ships have custom permanent camouflages. 

1. Examples would be on American Battleships named for southern states, you could have Dixie. 
  2. For the USS Massachusetts, Yankee Doodle or Fife and Drum  
  3. for German Battleships (thinking Tirpitz here) you could have an Umpah Band/Polka
  4. and somehow we really need mariachi music like the Warthog in Red vs Blue - not sure how you would theme it in, but this is something I would be willing to pay money for.  

Every match people are tooting away and I have suggested this in chat several times and the reaction has been 90% positive - so I thought I would post this and see if there is any true interest and maybe catch someone's eye at WG

everyone flame away!  or better yet - ADD YOUR OWN SUGGESTIONS !

Edited by Tugboat1964
Grammar fix
  • Funny 1

[4HIM]
Members
2,395 posts
7,404 battles

USS Texas needs "The Yellow Rose of Texas".  Or "Deep in the Heart of Texas".

Atlanta could use "Oh Atlanta", though I can't think of which part of that Little Feat song would translate to a horn.

Another that would be cool

[SPTR]
Members
20,148 posts
6,047 battles

Honestly, special horn sounds could be sold perhaps as a form of charity item. As someone who would never own them this wouldn't be the worst idea. 

Alpha Tester
5,944 posts
2,876 battles
1 hour ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

Atlanta could use "Oh Atlanta"

For the Atlanta, there's only one logical choice.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,722 posts
20,718 battles

There are tons of good ideas for premium horns. I think the big problem could be copyrights. Still it is a great idea. 

Beta Testers
4 posts
5,226 battles

Taylor - yes, I agree, that is why I was thinking about old songs that are now out in the public domain or were never copyrighted  - like Dixie, Yankee Doodle etc...

great suggestions really quickly guys - keep it up!

[4HIM]
Members
2,395 posts
7,404 battles

Inspiration for a Haida horn at the beginning.  Have to add a bottle of Elsinore with a mouse in it to the model.

• Cool 1