Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Truxtun_35

A Good Game Gone to the South

17 comments in this topic

[CBEES]
Members
74 posts
3,837 battles

Hello all, I started playing here about 4 months ago. I like the game & its concept. I play 2 other games also. There is one thing that I see in here that happened in the other games I played & play. New people are decreasing & old have stopped playing. Both for the same reasons. One game that I play seems to have an answer for this & like this one the other has no answer. I am curious to see who in here can figure it out. 

• Boring 2

Members
926 posts
5,223 battles

WOWS hasn't gotten quite that stale yet. They have a reasonable handle on adding new ships, revamping maps, new game modes, etc... plus:alaska... looking forward to what 2019 will bring for WOWS. :cap_happy:

[N-W-T]
Members
1,545 posts
6,386 battles
36 minutes ago, Truxtun_35 said:

New people are decreasing & old have stopped playing. 

Server population has been static for some time now.  What population statistics are you making up?

• Cool 1

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
7,235 posts
8,389 battles
2 hours ago, Truxtun_35 said:

Hello all, I started playing here about 4 months ago. I like the game & its concept. I play 2 other games also. There is one thing that I see in here that happened in the other games I played & play. New people are decreasing & old have stopped playing. Both for the same reasons. One game that I play seems to have an answer for this & like this one the other has no answer. I am curious to see who in here can figure it out. 

It is true, I haven't played a single game in, the past 24 hours. As for that other game, naval warfare gameplay is far less mature or developed while its UI makes my eyes bleed. The former will get better, gradually, but the bad UI seems to be a tradition of theirs.

[SYN]
Members
15,332 posts
12,337 battles

the NA server peaks at around 12k~15k every day, and it's been like that since launch.

• Cool 1

[RIPCV]
Members
287 posts
896 battles

Here is the thing, wows is niche game by its design that means not many people going to stick around. I had talked with my friend and he told me he invited his friends to play the game they got bored already just by first game so they stopped after they hit t3. Many id that i randomly searched on stats website provide me som interesting information. Many id had been stopped playing after 1 or 2 hours after its creation. 

the old folks left due to stalemate gameplay and quality of playerbase get worsen everyday not including undesirable decision by WG themselves. Notably MM, powercreep, balancing decision like CV rework, poorly programing interface etc. Sure WG could fix those issue, but it will not pull them backto this game again unless the entire game changed in favor of exciting gameplay like mainstream games. 

the population in this game will not going to increase nor revenue increase to the point where WG can sell in game item in cheaper price without worrying about bankrupting. 

[KRAK]
Members
2,686 posts
17,356 battles
4 hours ago, Truxtun_35 said:

The answer is you are wrong.  The NA server is  just as if not more populated than ever at peak times. 

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
736 posts
6,638 battles
4 hours ago, Truxtun_35 said:

New people are decreasing & old have stopped playing.

^^He is right... and he is saying this with over 1.8k battles. He still feels like he is a new player. 

4 hours ago, Xanshin said:

WOWS hasn't gotten quite that stale yet. They have a reasonable handle on adding new ships, revamping maps, new game modes, etc.

these changes only matter to established players. new players play a cruiser and learn to pew pew… New players don't see the differences in the ships. they get instant deleted at T4 by an established player 3 minutes into the battle because the new player didn't realize they were detected by ships they cant see. Then the new player cant play the ship until the battle is over because they feel they should only grind one line of ships. new player then sees how expensive each tier in front of them is... without the knowledge the rewards increase proportionally. 

T,2,3,4 need attention, need buffs, need game modes, need rewards, need incentives. these tiers need to bring in and keep the attention of NEW PLAYERS. 

especially if WG intends to extend the grind with gimmicks like legendary modules. 

• Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
1,183 posts
2,840 battles

This is a niche game. A lot of young people today want the quick Michael Bay FPS shooters where action is constant and rewards every second. New people just charge up middle, get instant deleted by a torp salvo or B.B. salvo and they get bored quick. Game is definitely for more mature people. 

I mean I joined in sept and I’m having a lot of fun.

• Cool 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
8,759 posts

SteamCharts show that things have remained pretty much stable over the past year at around 5k players. Remember that this is just the ones on Steam accounts.

• Cool 1

Members
926 posts
5,223 battles
41 minutes ago, skillztowin said:

^^He is right... and he is saying this with over 1.8k battles. He still feels like he is a new player. 

these changes only matter to established players. new players play a cruiser and learn to pew pew… New players don't see the differences in the ships. they get instant deleted at T4 by an established player 3 minutes into the battle because the new player didn't realize they were detected by ships they cant see. Then the new player cant play the ship until the battle is over because they feel they should only grind one line of ships. new player then sees how expensive each tier in front of them is... without the knowledge the rewards increase proportionally. 

T,2,3,4 need attention, need buffs, need game modes, need rewards, need incentives. these tiers need to bring in and keep the attention of NEW PLAYERS. 

especially if WG intends to extend the grind with gimmicks like legendary modules. 

Don't t1-4 already have some form of protected mm that prevents the person with 100 battles from going up against unicums with 10k games? Or is it merely protected insofar as t4 only sees +1/-1 mm spread?

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
736 posts
6,638 battles
3 minutes ago, Xanshin said:

on't t1-4 already have some form of protected mm that prevents the person with 100 battles from going up against unicums

apparently that is not enough to keep a new players interests. 

• Cool 1

Members
926 posts
5,223 battles
1 hour ago, New_Horizontal said:

Here is the thing, wows is niche game by its design that means not many people going to stick around. I had talked with my friend and he told me he invited his friends to play the game they got bored already just by first game so they stopped after they hit t3. Many id that i randomly searched on stats website provide me som interesting information. Many id had been stopped playing after 1 or 2 hours after its creation. 

the old folks left due to stalemate gameplay and quality of playerbase get worsen everyday not including undesirable decision by WG themselves. Notably MM, powercreep, balancing decision like CV rework, poorly programing interface etc. Sure WG could fix those issue, but it will not pull them backto this game again unless the entire game changed in favor of exciting gameplay like mainstream games. 

the population in this game will not going to increase nor revenue increase to the point where WG can sell in game item in cheaper price without worrying about bankrupting. 

Some people love CoD... some people want more squad based tactics and move to BF... some want even more and go to arma/red orchestra...

Here you have history buffs, veterans, and those of us who basically played the very equivalent of this game in the bathtub as kids...

The niche is small but well loved and while the game will die some day today is not that day and tomorrow is not looking good either... get back to me in 2022 and we'll talk. :Smile_coin:

[CBEES]
Members
74 posts
3,837 battles
4 hours ago, Vaffu said:

The answer is you are wrong.  The NA server is  just as if not more populated than ever at peak times. 

Well U need to do ur home work son.... U r right "the NA server" that is it. How many continue, might surprise u. after level 7..... Uhmmmmmmmmmm....:)

[EQRN]
Members
1,137 posts
11,721 battles

“Game is dying...” is such an old worn out trope.  I think there is something psychologically at work with these kind of posters, like a cry for attention, or a need for approval, or the desire for someone to comfort you and say everything is alright.  

If that is not the case, precisely what is the point?  Get everyone on the doom and gloom train, expediting a game’s demise?  That only such ominously titled threads will get dev’s attention and they will desperately do whatever you want because you have such insight no one else has that will prolong the game’s existence?

[WOLF1]
Members
4,327 posts
26 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

“Game is dying...” is such an old worn out trope.  I think there is something psychologically at work with these kind of posters, like a cry for attention, or a need for approval, or the desire for someone to comfort you and say everything is alright.  

The word you're looking for is validation.  Posters like this want the validation of someone agreeing with them that the game is dying, and ideally, a majority opinion that they are right or correct.   People that can't make the decision to go or stay on their own w/o someone else's validation usually make this kind of thread.

You see this kind of thread all the time, really.  Usually a person's friends say "Why are you playing that s--t game?" or something similar, so the person has to get validation from someone else, rather than making their own decision on the merits of playing or not playing.  

They're torn between two choices, so they need someone else to tell them which way to go.

Edited by mavfin87

[KRAK]
Members
2,686 posts
17,356 battles
1 hour ago, Truxtun_35 said:

Well U need to do ur home work son.... U r right "the NA server" that is it. How many continue, might surprise u. after level 7..... Uhmmmmmmmmmm....:)

You need to do your homework son. I only play T10 I have thousands of games in T10 and there is never a loss for ships. Son.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this