Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
AMajor

Yugumo consumable and Captain's skills choices

8 comments in this topic

[DBM]
Members
414 posts
5,563 battles

Have enjoyed playing the Kagero and now have her captain in the Yugumo (16 pt).  Two very specific questions:

1) Consumable: Torpedo reload booster or smoke?  Since her guns are better, I've played a few Co-op games with smoke and have found it very advantageous to fire within.  I know what TRB does from my time in the Kagero.  Which one is more advantageous for this particular ship?

2) Captain's Skill: Is RPF worth the 4 points on this ship?  He already has TAE and I'd love to use at least 3 of the points for SE or SI.

[DBM]
Members
414 posts
5,563 battles

A video that you may want to watch before you respond

[SYN]
Members
7,417 posts
12,561 battles

Yes and Yes.

I never run smoke when TRB is an option and RPF is great on DDs. For Yugo its great for both avoiding engagements with other DDs and giving you a good idea where to blind fire torps.

[WOLFB]
Members
2,713 posts
11,012 battles

Do you want to play a ship with Offensive tool or Defensive tool ? If you want to focus on Offense, take TRB but if you want to have some Defensive tool take smoke. Note that smoke can be used as an Offensive tool too but in that case, TRB is a better pick.

Personnally I wouldn't recommend playing TRB without at least a 14pt commander with CE+RPF. The lack of smoke is a big deal if you want to play a kind of aggressive-passive gameplay which is why RPF is for me a must have. To answer to the question :

1- Looks above

2- It's definitely a good perk no matter what consummable you take.

[-GPS-]
Members
2,771 posts
29,254 battles

RPF is almost essential for a nekkid Yugumo build without smoke. It helps you avoid contact with red DDs. It also gives you vital information for area denial and luck chuck torps. 

I literally can’t remember the last time I ran her with smoke. 

My build:

Preventative Maintenance, Last Stand, Torpedo Armamant Expertise, Concealment Expert, Radio Location, Adreneline Rush and Survivabilty Expert (in that order). 

[ROCT]
Members
22 posts
On 12/14/2018 at 1:10 AM, Landing_Skipper said:

RPF is almost essential for a nekkid Yugumo build without smoke. It helps you avoid contact with red DDs. It also gives you vital information for area denial and luck chuck torps. 

I literally can’t remember the last time I ran her with smoke. 

My build:

Preventative Maintenance, Last Stand, Torpedo Armamant Expertise, Concealment Expert, Radio Location, Adreneline Rush and Survivabilty Expert (in that order). 

What is RPF?

[-GPS-]
Members
2,771 posts
29,254 battles
5 hours ago, Hulks said:

What is RPF?

The Radio Location skill, originally called Radio Position Finding or RPF. It shows you the direction of the closest enemy ship. 

Here’s a great reference on how to use it:  

Sign in to follow this