You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
DouglasMacAwful

Is "campaign 1" on the PTS the Mighty Prinz campaign?

16 comments in this topic

[N-W-T]
Members
1,545 posts
6,386 battles

Wanted to farm dragon flags from the PTS as usual.  Noticed on the 7.12 the flags are given for completing "campaign 1".   Is that the Mighty Prinz campaign?  The first mission is gated by requiring it to be completed in the Shinonome.  That sucks, since you have to complete the Honorable Service campaign to get that ship, and even on the PTS that's quite a grind.  The past live-server reward missions on the PTS have been relatively easy to get.  

Is it the Mighty Prinz campaign or the RN navy missions that reward the dragon flags?

[PVE]
Members
15,156 posts
9,949 battles
24 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

Wanted to farm dragon flags from the PTS as usual.  Noticed on the 7.12 the flags are given for completing "campaign 1".   Is that the Mighty Prinz campaign?  The first mission is gated by requiring it to be completed in the Shinonome.  That sucks, since you have to complete the Honorable Service campaign to get that ship, and even on the PTS that's quite a grind.  The past live-server reward missions on the PTS have been relatively easy to get.  

Is it the Mighty Prinz campaign or the RN navy missions that reward the dragon flags?

Part 1 of the PTS gave out the Shinonome for completing a simple mission

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
6,241 posts
12 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

They're asking because the "rewards on main account" list mentions completing "Campaign 1", not a campaign by name.

[N-W-T]
Members
1,545 posts
6,386 battles
18 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Crap, looks like I missed it then.  Tried it several days ago but I guess it already ended.  First one I've missed in a long time. 

[N-W-T]
Members
1,545 posts
6,386 battles
25 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Any idea whether the Shinonome will be a requirement for the PE campaign on the 7.12 live server?  I've completed all the campaigns except for Honorable Service, because I wasn't that interested in the Shinonome.  I'm actually farming for the add'l rewards in the other campaigns, but if the Shino will be a requirement I'll switch gears towards that. 

[PVE]
Members
15,156 posts
9,949 battles
5 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

Any idea whether the Shinonome will be a requirement for the PE campaign on the 7.12 live server?  I've completed all the campaigns except for Honorable Service, because I wasn't that interested in the Shinonome.  I'm actually farming for the add'l rewards in the other campaigns, but if the Shino will be a requirement I'll switch gears towards that. 

I believe it was only for the PTS. I don't think the 1 Stage, 4 Directives will require a particular ship to complete it to get PEF. There might be some missions requiring a special ship, but I feel confident that we will be able to complete the campaign to get PEF without needing any special ships. For the Mighty Prinz campaign to get T6 tech tree ships and an alternate perma-camo for PEF, you will need PEF tho. So you either have to grind out PEF in the 4 weeks and complete the Mighty Prinz campaign in that last week or two or buy Prinz to do both campaigns for the 5 weeks.

Not sure what the Steel Monsters campaign will require, but I would not be surprised for it to be a PvP campaign. The collection will be in Christmas crates, not Santa crates, that will be in the two PEF campaigns.

[WOLFC]
Members
1,433 posts
15 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

Any idea whether the Shinonome will be a requirement for the PE campaign on the 7.12 live server?

Can't remember where I saw it, but a WG spokesperson said the Shinonome was a placeholder only ... and would not be required for the campaign on the live server.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
15,156 posts
9,949 battles
30 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

Crap, looks like I missed it then.  Tried it several days ago but I guess it already ended.  First one I've missed in a long time. 

Complete the first Directive of the "In the Name of His Highness!" event.

Reward on the Public Test server: Tier VI destroyer Shinonome, access to the "Steel Monsters" campaign during Round 2 of the Public Test.

Looks like you should still be able to complete Directive I to get the Shinonome.

Round 2 Schedule

Start: Thu. Dec. 06 8:30 AM PT / your local time: Thu. Dec. 06 11:30 AM
End: Mon. Dec. 10 7:30 AM PT / your local time: Mon. Dec. 10 10:30 AM

3 minutes ago, DocWalker said:

Can't remember where I saw it, but a WG spokesperson said the Shinonome was a placeholder only ... and would not be required for the campaign on the live server.

It was in part 1 of the PTS, but they did not copy it to part 2.

[N-W-T]
Members
1,545 posts
6,386 battles
1 minute ago, Kizarvexis said:

Looks like you should still be able to complete Directive I to get the Shinonome.

Yeah I got it by accident playing the first battle.  Was lazy and didn't even look at the directive rewards.  Hopefully I can complete the campaign now for the dragon flags.  Thanks. 

[PVE]
Members
15,156 posts
9,949 battles
1 minute ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

Yeah I got it by accident playing the first battle.  Was lazy and didn't even look at the directive rewards.  Hopefully I can complete the campaign now for the dragon flags.  Thanks. 

You are welcome

[WOLFC]
Members
1,433 posts
3 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

I may be wrong, but the way I read the Part 2 News is you have to finish BOTH campaigns to get the flags.  You did only have to do the Prinz in Part 1 for the flags.

From the News:

ac49edf0-6824-11e8-97c1-d89d6715223c.png

Finish the "Mighty Prinz" and "Steel Monsters" campaigns.

Reward on the live server: five of each special signal flag

[N-W-T]
Members
1,545 posts
6,386 battles
2 hours ago, DocWalker said:

I may be wrong, but the way I read the Part 2 News is you have to finish BOTH campaigns to get the flags.  You did only have to do the Prinz in Part 1 for the flags.

From the News:

ac49edf0-6824-11e8-97c1-d89d6715223c.png

Finish the "Mighty Prinz" and "Steel Monsters" campaigns.

Reward on the live server: five of each special signal flag

Hmmm... I was just going by what was in the Events section on the PTS, which I know has been wrong before. 

pts.png

[WOLFC]
Members
1,433 posts
2 hours ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

Hmmm... I was just going by what was in the Events section on the PTS, which I know has been wrong before. 

Well, I see what you mean ... just went to look at it myself.  And it's not in sync with what it says in the news

article: https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/public-test/public-test-0712/

I didn't finish Prinz in the first round (forgot to activate the campaign while doing all the other tasks) and decided I wasn't going to waste the time doing both in the second round.

a.png

b.png

[PVE]
Members
8,807 posts
15,622 battles
9 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

I believe it was only for the PTS. I don't think the 1 Stage, 4 Directives will require a particular ship to complete it to get PEF. There might be some missions requiring a special ship, but I feel confident that we will be able to complete the campaign to get PEF without needing any special ships. For the Mighty Prinz campaign to get T6 tech tree ships and an alternate perma-camo for PEF, you will need PEF tho. So you either have to grind out PEF in the 4 weeks and complete the Mighty Prinz campaign in that last week or two or buy Prinz to do both campaigns for the 5 weeks.

Not sure what the Steel Monsters campaign will require, but I would not be surprised for it to be a PvP campaign. The collection will be in Christmas crates, not Santa crates, that will be in the two PEF campaigns.

You think the Steel Giant's campaign will be for PVP only? That seems questionable if they do that as it is a mission you have to buy with real money. That would mean PVE mains couldn't do it and would thus not buy it. 

[PVE]
Members
15,156 posts
9,949 battles
1 minute ago, AdmiralThunder said:

You think the Steel Giant's campaign will be for PVP only? That seems questionable if they do that as it is a mission you have to buy with real money. That would mean PVE mains couldn't do it and would thus not buy it. 

I think it may be possible as a sop to those who want steel to remain elite.

[PVE]
Members
8,807 posts
15,622 battles
1 minute ago, Kizarvexis said:

I think it may be possible as a sop to those who want steel to remain elite.

If they are going to sell it then just sell it.

But you might be right. WG seems awful concerned about the few who play these modes and seems to think they are the most important players in the game.

Nothing they do should surprise me at this point. LOL