You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
0Charlie

What do you guys consider as a bad ship?

53 comments in this topic

[SPICY]
[SPICY]
Members
9 posts
3,360 battles

Give me a list, it could be premium or tech tree. anything works.

[ARGSY]
Members
11,950 posts
7,605 battles

Are you talking in terms of "The ship I would least like to grind/buy again"?

Karlsruhe.

She makes playing the Danae and Emerald feel like an enjoyable experience.

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Beta Testers
1,795 posts
5,187 battles
3 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Karlsruhe.

You took the word right outta my mouth.

[SPICY]
[SPICY]
Members
9 posts
3,360 battles
4 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Are you talking in terms of "The ship I would least like to grind/buy again"?

Karlsruhe.

any ship that one would feel absolute pain as they played the game, starting to consider what the point is even at this point.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,992 posts
10,705 battles

Izumo?

Though for a lot of "bad" ships, I think it's a combination of the ship being not great and me being bad at it :Smile_sceptic:

• Cool 1

[SPICY]
[SPICY]
Members
9 posts
3,360 battles
Just now, pikohan said:

Izumo?

Though for a lot of "bad" ships, I think it's a combination of the ship being not great and me being bad at it :Smile_sceptic:

By all means give me what you think is bad, doesn't matter if you think its bad cuz you are just bad in it

[PVE]
Members
15,156 posts
9,949 battles
14 minutes ago, 0Charlie said:

The red ship that shoots at me. :Smile_teethhappy:

[PSV]
Privateers, Supertester
5,521 posts
5,752 battles

Asashio

[WOLF9]
Members
139 posts
5,198 battles
23 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Karlsruhe.

Though I put Emerald in the same category as the Karsruhe, and didn't find Danae that bad, not compared to the Karsruhe/Emerald at least

Abbye

[WOLF4]
Members
437 posts
5,716 battles

Anything with really bad gun arcs that has an easy to hit citadel. I just can’t stand having a 50-50 chance of getting deleted every time I want to fire a full salvo.

[WOLF9]
Members
3,862 posts

Emerald.   Not a big jump in power from Danae- but faces mm that's an order of magnitude worse.   Super squishy, not enough RoF to make up for the lack of HE.

Pensacola.  Formerly one of my favorites.  It was never an EASY ship to do well in, but with the right touch could be made into a nasty mo-fo.  Got nerf batted HARD when it dropped tiers- but still faces the same enemies. (who weren't nerfed)  Making it worse, it's the transition ship between the light cruisers you've been playing and the heavy cruisers to come.  Thus, you're unlikely to HAVE the right skills to make it work...

I didn't get along with Richelieu- at ALL.   But, it is what it is- a ship with all of it's main battery in front, on a gigantic hull.

My distaste for the trollishly inaccurate German BB guns is no secret.  Bismarck and Torpitz trolled me so hard, I stopped grinding entirely.   What you gain in virtual citadel invulnerability, is more than made up for in normal pens and vulnerability to fires.

For premiums,  there are plenty of mehs in the low and mid tiers.   For example:  Don't buy West Virginia 41' thinking 16" guns at tier 6 is going to make you a monster- they nerfed the heck out of the accuracy, making playing it more frustrating than fun.  You buy WEE VEE 41' because it's the West Freaking Virginia.

Indianapolis isn't irredeemably bad, but it's certainly not good...   NOLA is a much better heavy cruiser to play at tier 7.

Mutsu is in the same league as WV41.  It's entertaining to play, because it's so rare to see one, people forget about it's torpedo launchers.  As a daily player, however- uh, no.

Krasny Krym.  An upgraded Svietlana with torps that actually do good damage.  If you liked Swetty Svetty, you'll like this.  However, it also got bumped up a tier, and old skool protected cruisers don't really fare well vs tier 7 ships...  Sure is fun to do anyway, though.

[SPICY]
[SPICY]
Members
9 posts
3,360 battles
2 minutes ago, Sumwunskum said:

I don't think many want to bother trying for the Yeuyang any longer.

jokes on you, i got her before the nerf

• Funny 1

[BBP]
Members
341 posts
6,132 battles

FdG, Russian DDs that have 4k torps, any T5 IJN DD not named Kamikaze, early tier IJN BBs.  

And of course...  Varyag...

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,550 posts
12,291 battles

for me a bad ship is one where after every match you willing get kicked in the :etc_swear: by a horse, because the grind is painful and you want to think about something else!:cap_wander_2:

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
4,487 posts
15,503 battles
55 minutes ago, 0Charlie said:

Epic question. many consider ships bad simply by wr or reputation. I have some ships that I do well in that are supposed to suck, and other god mode ships I cant figure out.

Play them all, let WG sort them out....

[VOC]
Members
83 posts
64 battles

OP. Indeed excellent question. It's however a very much matter of personal opinion. And indeed the reqs you have for a ship. For me personally I'm a stranger. I know I'm going to be metaphorically speaking lynched now. But I hate Yamato, Warspite, Jutland, Harugomo and Moskva. Why? Because they are 1 trick ponies. Jutland is an exception: I think it sucks in everything. "Oh Ferry, the other said ships have such amazing guns! What the hell are you blabbering about?" Well if those blasted guns can actually hit anything AND do some dmg I'd totally agree. I've tried to sell my Yamato to Greenpeace but they weren't interested. What an utter nightmare of a ship this is for me. Shooting fluffyballs and catching fires far easier than catching a cold in a immune compromised hospital.

But as I said: it's a matter of opinion.