You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BladedPheonix

Just got Nelson and man do I love it! when do we get Rodney?

25 comments in this topic

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,545 posts
12,222 battles

So I just got the Nelson about a week ago and have been playing in between grinding my Kitkaze and Ognevoi. 

and man this ship is fun!:fish_cute_2: been averaging around 80k dmg per match!

anyways, I was wondering though. Will we be getting Nelson's sister ship Rodney?:fish_aqua: I'd love to have 2 of these ships!

until next time,

I'll C'ya on the Seas!:cap_look:

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,545 posts
12,222 battles

almost forgot. any helpful tips on how to play Nelson to the best of its ability would greatly be appreciated!:fish_book:

[SPTR]
Members
26,642 posts
12,902 battles

Don't make yourself the main target to anything that can overmatch your 25mm all round hull especially if they are very close, unless you absolutely have to. Thankful all its main batts are at the front so no reason to go flat out out broadside(unless you're turning around to retreat from your failed push on that side of the map, if that's the case time the turn to not get cit'd or at least keep it to a minimal).

Use HE on anything except broadside cruisers and close range broadside BB.

If Rodey comes out maybe out with the superheal for normal heal and another consumable. 

[PSV]
Privateers, Supertester
5,521 posts
5,704 battles
2 hours ago, BladedPheonix said:

anyways, I was wondering though. Will we be getting Nelson's sister ship Rodney?:fish_aqua: I'd love to have 2 of these ships!

They better gib Ise first before Rodney. I want my premium Fuso

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,545 posts
12,222 battles
1 minute ago, 7_3_PowerStroke said:

This is a good read for me cuz I have enough free xp to get her myself when I get the doubloons.

it feels really player friendly. new players will find it easy to learn as well.:fish_book:

[SPTR]
Members
2,272 posts
1,211 battles
Just now, BladedPheonix said:

it feels really player friendly. new players will find it easy to learn as well.:fish_book:

Good cuz I am new to Brit BB's.

[SF-A]
Members
3,046 posts
6,475 battles

Literally the only weaknesses of Nelson are aircraft and positioning. And the aircraft are about to be a whole lot more manageable.

New CV play is DoT focused, which means Nelson (despite poor AA) will be fine. The current issue is torpedo or some AP bomb alpha damage that it can't heal, but that seems unlikely to stay. By way of positioning, fidle around to find that magic angle where people don't shoot your thin nose, you can bounce shells on the belt, and you can fire all guns. Get in a corridor (as explained in ye olde Yuro Dunkerque vid) and blaze away. If possible get behind a low island that will act as a torp shield without hindering gunfire.

Go colonize those poor fools in the name of the Queen!

[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,486 posts
5,599 battles
10 minutes ago, Personator said:

That's an odd way of spelling Yamashiro.:cap_hmm:

• Funny 1

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,545 posts
12,222 battles
1 minute ago, pewpewpew42 said:

Literally the only weaknesses of Nelson are aircraft and positioning. And the aircraft are about to be a whole lot more manageable.

New CV play is DoT focused, which means Nelson (despite poor AA) will be fine. The current issue is torpedo or some AP bomb alpha damage that it can't heal, but that seems unlikely to stay. By way of positioning, fidle around to find that magic angle where people don't shoot your thin nose, you can bounce shells on the belt, and you can fire all guns. Get in a corridor (as explained in ye olde Yuro Dunkerque vid) and blaze away. If possible get behind a low island that will act as a torp shield without hindering gunfire.

Go colonize those poor fools in the name of the Queen!

but....I'm Scottish....:fish_haloween:

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,545 posts
12,222 battles
10 minutes ago, Personator said:

I think you mean Yamashiro? Ise was part of the Hyuga (think i spelled it right?)class. which was an improved version of the fuso with better engines.:fish_book:

[WAIFU]
13,486 posts
5,599 battles
Just now, BladedPheonix said:

She's the queen of Scotland too ya know.

[PSV]
Privateers, Supertester
5,521 posts
5,704 battles
Just now, Super_Dreadnought said:

That's an odd way of spelling Yamashiro.:cap_hmm:

She's close enough to Fuso and Yamashiro that she might as well be one. Only main differences are the 3rd turret and superstructure.

[SF-A]
Members
3,046 posts
6,475 battles
11 minutes ago, BladedPheonix said:

9 minutes ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

image.thumb.png.9b918bb0211fb4cdbb0b302386afdfd5.png

Apparently there exists a mild quantity of beef. :Smile_teethhappy::fish_viking:

Edited by pewpewpew42
  • Cool 1

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,545 posts
12,222 battles
1 minute ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

a real Scottsman never submits to a Britisher! especially today's Brits, they're all wimps!:Smile_amazed:

also...

I can't find my GUP abridged "ah nope" meme. so this the best counter i could find.:Smile_sad:

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,545 posts
12,222 battles
15 minutes ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

FOUND IT!!!!:cap_look:

[WAIFU]
13,486 posts
5,599 battles
18 minutes ago, BladedPheonix said:

I think you mean Yamashiro? Ise was part of the Hyuga (think i spelled it right?)class. which was an improved version of the fuso with better engines.:fish_book:

Ise was the older sister and name ship of the Ise class.

13 minutes ago, Personator said:

She's close enough to Fuso and Yamashiro that she might as well be one. Only main differences are the 3rd turret and superstructure.

Similar, but it is still incorrect to refer to Ise as a Fuso class. We should not be trying to merge classes together imho. Or should we start referring to South Dakota as a North Carolina class due to their similarity? :Smile-_tongue:

8 minutes ago, pewpewpew42 said:

Apparently there exists a mild quantity of beef. :Smile_teethhappy::fish_viking:

Somewhat hilarious played by an Australian.:Smile_teethhappy:

8 minutes ago, BladedPheonix said:

a real Scottsman never submits to a Britisher! especially today's Brits, they're all wimps!:Smile_amazed:

Well... first of all you spelt Scotsman wrong. Secondly I hope you are aware that the Scottish are also British. The term encompasses all the natives population of the British Isles.

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,545 posts
12,222 battles
7 minutes ago, pewpewpew42 said:

Should I go fetch me, claymore and pipes brother?:Smile_izmena: I can raise at least 6 others before nightfall!

[WAIFU]
13,486 posts
5,599 battles
5 minutes ago, BladedPheonix said:

Should I go fetch me, claymore and pipes brother?:Smile_izmena: I can raise at least 6 others before nightfall!

Remember to bring Nicola Sturgeon as well mate, so she can whine some more about how oppressed she is.:Smile_teethhappy:

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,545 posts
12,222 battles
1 minute ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

Ise was the older sister and name ship of the Ise class.

Similar, but it is still incorrect to refer to Ise as a Fuso class. We should not be trying to merge classes together imho. Of should we start referring to South Dakota as a North Carolina class due to their similarity?

Somewhat hilarious played by an Australian.:Smile_teethhappy:

Well... first of all you spelt Scotsman wrong. Secondly I hope you are aware that the Scottish are also British. The term encompasses all the natives population of the British Isles.

1. yeah I goofed.....:fish_palm:

2. no, never!

3:  the Scots actually hate this movie with a passion. they've even defaced a statue depicting mel gibson at least 30 times. its now in a cage to prevent further damage!:Smile_veryhappy:

4a. I misspelled my own name, do you honestly expect me to be good at spelling?:Smile_unsure:

4b. technically Scots Celt in them and British have more Gallic. 

4c. here's some life advice. calling a Scott a Brit is like going into Harlem and screaming the N word. you just don't do it!:fish_panic: or worse! giving a outlandishly dumb answer on family feud!

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,545 posts
12,222 battles
11 minutes ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

Remember to bring Nicola Sturgeon as well, so she can whine some more about how oppressed she is.:Smile_izmena:

niegh, canne do that! a battle must be won with muscle, not tears!:Smile_sceptic: plus with today's "issues" half the army might get "me2ed".:Smile_hiding:

[WAIFU]
13,486 posts
5,599 battles
21 minutes ago, BladedPheonix said:

3:  the Scots actually hate this movie with a passion. they've even defaced a statue depicting mel gibson at least 30 times. its now in a cage to prevent further damage!:Smile_veryhappy:

In fairness that statue was [edited]hideous, and tacky as all hell. :Smile_teethhappy:

crappy-mel-statue.jpg

But yea, something about Rodney. I'd support it so long as it comes with her Azur Lane character.:cat_cool:

• Cool 1

[SPTR]
Members
2,272 posts
1,211 battles
14 hours ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

But yea, something about Rodney. I'd support it so long as it comes with her Azur Lane character.:cat_cool:

Seconded. I want more Azur Lane girls. Some Japanese commanders plz...

[THF41]
Members
302 posts
4,920 battles

One easy way we could get Rodney is if WG does something similar like they did with World of Tanks.

When the time comes to add a 2nd UK BB Line (Battlecruisers would be another separate line completely), Nelson would be converted to the Tier 7ship of that line and the existing premium ship named Nelson would be replaced by Rodney. In turn, for those of us who already have Nelson, we would get a free replacement in the form of Rodney instead.

Anyway, that's just my idea of how that would work out.

[WOLF9]
Members
3,847 posts

I broke down a week or so ago and bought mine.   So far, I like it a lot more than I thought I would- and it's my overall favorite RN battleship.

The AP just wrecks things.   NOT having to show broadside to bring all guns to bear is a big plus- especially since that massive front citadel is so easy to pen when it does.   Imo, it plays more like a "normal" battleship, and less like a WoWS RN BB.