You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
kevin_hitman

Pearl Harbor Dec. 7 1941 Map and Port

7 comments in this topic

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7 posts
6,201 battles

I feel we need a Pearl Harbor Map and Port . this is a big part of USA history . Please make this happen . Thank you 

• Cool 2

[SALVO]
Members
20,944 posts
21,052 battles

Port, sure.  That's do able.  It doesn't require any balance.  It's all about looks.

But a map seems unrealistic for this game.  Naval battles of this era aren't meant to be fought in a harbor like Pearl.  Too shallow.  And despite the water area of the harbor, how much of it is truly navigable by warships without running aground?  No.  I think that the closest they could come to a map for this would be something outside the harbor. 

Google Map of Pearl Harbor

Frankly, it doesn't look to me like an "outside the harbor" map would be all that exciting, because there are no small islands to beyond the harbor mouth.  About the best one might be able to do is have the north edge of the map show the island of Oahu and the harbor mouth and other scenery, while the rest of the map was open ocean. 

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
8,199 posts
11,631 battles

Hmm maybe an operation in the future.

Members
1,528 posts
10 battles

A hypothetical operation would be the Japanese battle line approaches Pearl Harbor. You have to get your battleships and cruisers out of the harbor and meet the threat to Hawaii.

• Cool 1

Members
310 posts
6,861 battles

I would much rather see a Battle of Leyte Gulf, Battle of Midway or a number of scenarios based on the Battle of the Coral Sea. These would work very well as Operations missions.

[DDM_]
Members
1,552 posts
4,343 battles
49 minutes ago, kevin_hitman said:

I feel we need a Pearl Harbor Map and Port . this is a big part of USA history . Please make this happen . Thank you 

So what you're saying is, we need another port (ok, no reason not to) and another island map (not enough of those already huh?)?

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,545 posts
12,222 battles

I agree, it be nice. the current Hawaii port isn't that interesting (IMO) anyways!:fish_aqua: