WolfmanJack99

Can my laptop graphics card handle WoWs?

13 comments in this topic

[WOLF2]
Members
272 posts
6,087 battles

Intel(R) HD Graphics 530

I have a laptop that i got through work and I travel a lot. While on the road I need stuff to do so of course I gotta get my gaming on. I checked all the other system requirements and I'm good but I am having trouble finding any info about the laptop graphics card.  Can any smart people out there help me out?

Members
2,614 posts
93 battles

I think it can, but you will have to settle with potato graphics.

But graphics wont make you a good player in the first place, so it doesnt really matter.

Members
3,209 posts
6,424 battles

Only way is to run it and find out.  Check out HOW WOWs configures the graphics configuration and you got your answer.  Run it and see how well it goes. Even tweak it up a notch or two and see how detailed it can get  but without needless stutter or slow down. 

[BNKR]
Members
75 posts
3,075 battles

Information provided doesn't say enough. My 1060ti equipped laptop should run the game flawlessly, if that was the only consideration, but it has cooling issues and thermal throttles. Some brands have higher thermal limiting in the bios, which will help, need to drop cores which can help. Post up specifically what it is and its configuration and that will lead to better responses. 

[MIA-P]
Members
2,279 posts
12,785 battles
1 minute ago, KRKroenen said:

Information provided doesn't say enough. My 1060ti equipped laptop should run the game flawlessly, if that was the only consideration, but it has cooling issues and thermal throttles. Some brands have higher thermal limiting in the bios, which will help, need to drop cores which can help. Post up specifically what it is and its configuration and that will lead to better responses. 

Yeah, I have similar issues with my laptop. It should run WOWS with ease, but I keep it on low settings due to overheating issues.

Community Department
3,187 posts
1,206 battles
46 minutes ago, WolfmanJack99 said:

Intel(R) HD Graphics 530

I have a laptop that i got through work and I travel a lot. While on the road I need stuff to do so of course I gotta get my gaming on. I checked all the other system requirements and I'm good but I am having trouble finding any info about the laptop graphics card.  Can any smart people out there help me out?

If we compare only graphics cards it looks like it's a little bit under minimal requirements. You may try it but in the future it would be better to upgrade: 
https://worldofwarships.com/en/content/game/system-requirements/ 

• Cool 1

Members
345 posts

I have an i5-2400 that runs wow on low settings in the mid 60 fps. Totally playable. It's a older home elite laptop I take with me on trips. 

I don't think you will have issues with the 530, since it's Skylake. That's like 6, or 7 generation's ahead of my old i5 2400.

Edited by killsbane67
  • Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
7,945 posts
16,699 battles
1 hour ago, WolfmanJack99 said:

Intel(R) HD Graphics 530

IMO, if you only have the necessity of playing WOWS. Then I recommend

• Minimum 1060GTX GPU
  • An I7 core CPU
  • 16GB ram

With the above Minimum required specs. You can run WOWS an ultra high for at least 3 yrs to come.

Few things to point out,

• In Port, WOWS is a GPU using hog. That is an understatement, you'll need a good fan/cooling system if you play for a VERY long time.
  • In Game performance, your GPU/CPU its going to be around %50/%50.

IF you dont have the Minimums, then just look out for over GPU  heating in port. Other then that, I am not certain IF you can play with medium graphics settings. One thing for sure Low graphics setting will get you by. But you should aim for medium at the bare minimum.

Hope this help...

[WOLF2]
Members
272 posts
6,087 battles

Update: Bad news. 

I need admin rights in order to install anything on my PC. I had to go to IT today in order to install a few needed programs to do my job along with getting all the drivers and things up to date since the computer hasn't been used in a long time. I had been sitting with the guy for about 2 hours chatting about life and gaming and having a good ole time (you know, buttering him up). As he completed everything that needed to be done he asked the infamous question, "Do you need anything else?" I quickly said, "As a matter of fact...WoWs?"  Yeah, no. Corporate occasionally monitors what's going on so...alas. No gaming on the road. Looks like I'm in the market for a new gaming laptop.

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Members
272 posts
6,087 battles
5 hours ago, turbo07 said:

If we compare only graphics cards it looks like it's a little bit under minimal requirements. You may try it but in the future it would be better to upgrade: 
https://worldofwarships.com/en/content/game/system-requirements/ 

Thanks, turbo. I did look at the system requirements but i had a hard time finding what my graphics card was comparable to and what it could handle. However, as you can see from my previous post it doesn't really matter so you can disregard this whole post.  :Smile_hiding:

[BNKR]
Members
75 posts
3,075 battles
On 12/7/2018 at 10:05 AM, thegamefilmguruman said:

Yeah, I have similar issues with my laptop. It should run WOWS with ease, but I keep it on low settings due to overheating issues.

Depending on processor, try using Intel XTU and undervolting 0.100volts, and lowering the time turbo boost is active. Did that on mine and can now hold steady at around 63-65C CPU and 70C GPU with settings pushed to HIGH. Might also be worth looking into something like speedfan and lowering the target temps using that. My fans spin up way earlier now. Speedfan will obviously make the laptop louder for normal use but it does help with the games. 

[MIA-P]
Members
2,279 posts
12,785 battles
4 hours ago, KRKroenen said:

Depending on processor, try using Intel XTU and undervolting 0.100volts, and lowering the time turbo boost is active. Did that on mine and can now hold steady at around 63-65C CPU and 70C GPU with settings pushed to HIGH. Might also be worth looking into something like speedfan and lowering the target temps using that. My fans spin up way earlier now. Speedfan will obviously make the laptop louder for normal use but it does help with the games. 

Speedfan might work, but XTU wouldn't as I'm not using onboard graphics on my laptop (has a dedicated GPU).  It's also always run rather hot at 50-60C on idle.  It's too much power in too small and poorly ventilated a laptop body. That said, I just use my desktop for WOWS, usually. Laptop only gets used for it on trips.

Edited by thegamefilmguruman

[BNKR]
Members
75 posts
3,075 battles
13 hours ago, thegamefilmguruman said:

Speedfan might work, but XTU wouldn't as I'm not using onboard graphics on my laptop (has a dedicated GPU).  It's also always run rather hot at 50-60C on idle.  It's too much power in too small and poorly ventilated a laptop body. That said, I just use my desktop for WOWS, usually. Laptop only gets used for it on trips.

XTU is for CPU not GPU, but if you have the desktop then yeah, not worth the bother and shorter overall life.