You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
warheart1992

December's Combat Missions; No Pearl Harbor related missions/offers

58 comments in this topic

[HYDRO]
Members
1,556 posts
3,751 battles

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/deals/december-missions-2018/

During the weekend of December 7 to December 10, you will be able to use special discounts in the game client!

Discounts and bonuses:

• –80% to the cost of accelerated commander training in doubloons
  • –50% to the cost of commander retraining in doubloons
  • –60% Elite Commander XP/doubloons for resetting commander skills

I hope this is just a small part and more info will be added. If not, then this is a mistake and a huge missed opportunity. Discounts on Arizona, WV '41, Monaghan should be present and maybe a free commemorative flag for some combat missions. Pearl Harbor is not just an event of historical significance to U.S citizens and the NA server; it's one of the turning points of WWII, featuring quite a few of the ships in the game from both sides as well as famous naval commanders.

Edited by warheart1992
  • Cool 5
  • Bad 1

[SBD]
[SBD]
Members
254 posts
3,467 battles

It does seem like a missed opportunity, but maybe there afraid it will look disrespectful.

• Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
4,401 posts
9,529 battles

I will be terrorizing Tier 6 in this a lot today, and starting each match in chat with "December 7, 1941, a date which will live in infamy..."  Lest we forget.

rB15DgJ.jpg

(by the way, WG, thanks for fixing that #3 turret!)

Edited by desmo_2
  • Cool 5

[NATO]
Beta Testers
1,774 posts
5,809 battles
46 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/deals/december-missions-2018/

I hope this is just a small part and more info will be added. If not, then this is a mistake and a huge missed opportunity. Discounts on Arizona, WV '41, Monaghan should be present and maybe a free commemorative flag for some combat missions. Pearl Harbor is not just an event of historical significance to U.S citizens and the NA server; it's one of the turning points of WWII, featuring quite a few of the ships in the game from both sides as well as famous naval commanders.

Im not certain of your nationality, but it is not as significant as you think to other countries.

Regardless, it is a missed opportunity to be sure.

• Bad 1

[HYDRO]
Members
1,556 posts
3,751 battles
1 minute ago, hipcanuck said:

Im not certain of your nationality, but it is not as significant as you think to other countries.

Regardless, it is a missed opportunity to be sure.

I'm from the EU personally. Yet as someone who reads alot of history, especially military one, I can't help but place alot of importance on Pearl Harbor.

I didn't mean that in other countries people go around commemorating the event, just that fans of military games, and especially one about naval warfare know about it.

• Cool 2

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,804 posts
10,590 battles
1 minute ago, Erebthoron said:

yxHOs5C.jpg

All they did was name the daily missions Pearl Harbor. It is nothing extra , different, special, etc...

• Cool 1

[STW-M]
Members
2,044 posts
5,861 battles
28 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

I will be terrorizing Tier 6 in this a lot today, and starting each match in chat with "December 7, 1941, a date which will live in infamy..."  Lest we forget.

rB15DgJ.jpg

(by the way, WG, thanks for fixing that #3 turret!)

After I finish my work, I might just do the same.

[DPG]
Members
895 posts
4,430 battles

Aren't they doing some big stream/giveaway thing today?  I could be wrong but I thought that was happening today.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,258 posts
4,224 battles
1 hour ago, DarkStormy said:

It does seem like a missed opportunity, but maybe there afraid it will look disrespectful.

Agree.

I will take out Monaghan - pity there are no submarines to sink.

Texas wasn't at Pearl Harbour, but she's the only US BB I have, so I'll take her for a spin as well.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,178 posts
18,887 battles
24 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

All they did was name the daily missions Pearl Harbor. It is nothing extra , different, special, etc...

They name the daily missions after every major naval battle. Since the missions joined we had no extra event. Think that's the easiest way for WG to do this.

You can try to add some CM like @Femennenly or @Gneisenau013 to get some attention to this and if enough player want a change WG may do something.

Members
1,068 posts
5,972 battles
1 hour ago, DarkStormy said:

They are, and it would.

Two years ago, as Dec. 7 was approaching, some players expressed wishes that the Arizona (which was not being sold at the time) be put up for sale on Dec. 7. Those folks were shouted down by those who thought it would be disrespectfully profiteering on the occasion of Dec. 7. Rightfully shouted down, I will add. Dec.7 came and went without the Arizona being for sale. Later in the month, it was made available for purchase.

Whether WG themselves had plans to put it up for sale on the 7th and changed their minds about it or not, no one outside of WG knows.

I suppose you could ask WG to make an Op for it: CV players only, bomb a bunch of moored ships, maybe one or two get underway. Bot AA effectiveness reduction of 40%, a few land-based bot aircraft to give your fighters something to do. Riveting stuff.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Members
1,786 posts
5,663 battles

Pearl Harbor is not a navel action. It was a sneak attack air assault. World of War Planes should have an event. Last year we got the 75 anniversary flag.

Edited by Raven114

[5BS]
Members
4,766 posts
2 hours ago, warheart1992 said:

Do not waste money on doing the retrainings; with the coming CV Rework (that also effects AA skills (and maybe CE as well)) there will likely be server wide resets/free resets of all captains for free. And given that is likely only ~2 months away, patience and virtues comes to mind.

1) They never do events for Pearl Harbor. Every year someone asks, every year, it doesn't happen and 2) I think you grossly overestimate how much a Russian company cares about what a bunch of americans think, especially on the NA server, the least profitable server of the 4.

Edited by _RC1138
  • Cool 2

[TARFU]
Members
882 posts
5,920 battles
14 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

Do not waste money on doing the retrainings; with the coming CV Rework (that also effects AA skills (and maybe CE as well)) there will likely be server wide resets/free resets of all captains for free. And given that is likely only ~2 months away, patience and virtues comes to mind.

1) They never do events for Pearl Harbor. Every year someone asks, every year, it doesn't happen and 2) I think you grossly overestimate how much a Russian company cares about what a bunch of americans think, especially on the NA server, the least profitable server of the 4.

really? Overall, or dollars per player? Both? don't know the population differences

[5BS]
Members
4,766 posts
Just now, HorrorRoach said:

really? Overall, or dollars per player? Both? don't know the population differences

All the above. The Server profitability goes, in order: RU, SEA, EU, NA.

[MEIST]
Members
870 posts
3,054 battles
1 hour ago, Amenhir said:

Aren't they doing some big stream/giveaway thing today?  I could be wrong but I thought that was happening today.

Yes, they are. @Femennenly will be streaming and giving things away. They repeated Friday about 30 times on the stream about it. :Smile_Default:

Edited by jager_geist

[TARFU]
Members
882 posts
5,920 battles
5 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

All the above. The Server profitability goes, in order: RU, SEA, EU, NA.

they talk about profitability openly? Or is that a guesstimate using server population and data mining

[RKN]
Beta Testers
995 posts
9,009 battles
10 minutes ago, HorrorRoach said:

1 minute ago, HorrorRoach said:

they talk about profitability openly? Or is that a guesstimate using server population and data mining

Take everything RC1138 says with a grain of salt. He’s proven to be dishonest and one of the most toxic forum posters.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 2

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,803 posts
10,309 battles

A pattern solidly established in 2016 when on the centenary of the Battle of Jutland, Wargaming... ran missions and events in honor of... Brazilian Father's Day.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[WOLF6]
Members
143 posts
3,885 battles

Pearl Harbor is the most defining moment in US Naval history and perhaps, the most defining moment in US history. Even a post to commemorate the service given by the men and women at Pearl Harbor would have been good enough for me. Take the money/profit part out.

• Cool 1

Members
1,068 posts
5,972 battles
1 hour ago, Raven114 said:

Pearl Harbor is not a navel action. It was a sneak attack air assault. World of War Planes should have an event. Last year we got the 75 anniversary flag.

1. Navel action is for belly dancers

2. Last year was the 76th anniversary

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[RKLES]
Members
7,198 posts
8,955 battles
3 hours ago, DarkStormy said:

I don’t think it would be disrespectful if Wargaming did an event to earn a ship that was present, such as Arizona so players could sail the ship in remembrance. After all keeping the memory of that day alive so the dead are not forgotten is important. And good to have reminders for people so they do not forget.

Members
963 posts
7,167 battles
1 hour ago, _RC1138 said:

Doesn't care about what mericans think yet bends over backwards for bamagate and wvgate among others. Sure thing bud.

[5BS]
Members
4,766 posts
Just now, Rouxi said:

Doesn't care about what mericans think yet bends over backwards for bamagate and wvgate among others. Sure thing bud.

The ST Alabama was an uproar on all the servers, and the W'V remains to be seen if they actually DO anything, or just slapped a 41' on the release to shut everyone else, to say nothing of the fact all of the servers also complained about a Pre-Rifit WV. If you actually WENT to the other servers' forums you'd know that. But the Russian server, duh, get's the most attention. Hell the actual DEVELOPERS (not just Community Managers) actually post from time to time on the RU/EU forums. And they keep a VERY close eye on the SEA. NA, not so much. It's the least profitable market which makes sense.