You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Tingent

Gremyashchy

31 comments in this topic

[O_S_D]
Members
48 posts
10,876 battles

Just got this in one of my free Santa crates (other 1 was 50 Zulu Hotels).

Is this any good?

I've never seen it in the premium shop and was wondering if this was one of those rare so called 'OP ships' and is mucho fun to play.

Thanks.

[HYDRO]
Members
2,241 posts
4,197 battles

Used to be broken OP back in the day. Now it's just a pretty strong Tier V.

Congrats on getting him, quite  a rare ship.

Edited by warheart1992

[O_O]
Members
4,837 posts
10,621 battles

It used to be OP, but then WG nuked stealth firing.  Still strong, but not ridiculously OP as it used to be.

[MINVY]
[MINVY]
Members
144 posts
3,662 battles

I got to try it for the Turkey event. Had a blast if you play destroyers. Got my fingers crossed I see a few people got one so far.

[-K-]
Members
5,787 posts
9,813 battles

You'll hate the turret traverse, but otherwise a very good ship.  Needs a high point captain to maximize its potential.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,826 posts

The guns can citadel light cruisers. The torps have an exceptional long reach for VMF DDs. So the OP part of it is that it is BOTH gunboat and torp boat for whatever battle you are in.

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,359 posts
1 minute ago, Tingent said:

Just got this in one of my free Santa crates (other 1 was 50 Zulu Hotels).

Is this any good?

I've never seen it in the premium shop and was wondering if this was one of those rare so called 'OP ships' and is mucho fun to play.

Thanks.

:Smile_great:Thats a withdrawn from sale ship because too OP   :Smile_coin::Smile_medal:CG's  You hit the Jack Pot  People really cleaned up playing that whilst dropping in a high tier captain specializing in DD's  with her

[USCG]
Members
290 posts
13,937 battles

Gremy is one of my favorites!!  I received mine in a Santa crate two years ago.  If you like DD play she will quickly win you over.  As mentioned, slow turret traverse is the only downside I can think of...

[HINON]
Supertester
20,092 posts
13,547 battles

Was mediocre when first introduced. Then all mid-tier DDs were nerfed in some way or another but she was spared the nerf bat because she was premium, so she was ridiculously OP and removed from sale. Then WG implemented the OWSF firing nerf which brought her partially back in line, and now she's just 'quite strong' instead of 'super OP'. She's just a powerful allrounder.

[TF16]
Modder
985 posts
7,572 battles

Best DD at its tier!  Put Czar Alexander CO and she’s. Plenty OP. You scored!  

[INTEL]
Members
6,894 posts
27,626 battles

It is the T5 Seal Clubbers weapon of choice.

Other than slow turret traverse, it is strong. I keep it without permanent captain and drop the ones that have special EM abilities. Works well.

[LF]
Members
131 posts
20 minutes ago, Lert said:

Was mediocre when first introduced. Then all mid-tier DDs were nerfed in some way or another but she was spared the nerf bat because she was premium, so she was ridiculously OP and removed from sale. Then WG implemented the OWSF firing nerf which brought her partially back in line, and now she's just 'quite strong' instead of 'super OP'. She's just a powerful allrounder.

Open Water Stealth Fire?

[TBW]
Members
6,966 posts
12,900 battles
1 minute ago, n5bar said:

Open Water Stealth Fire?

It's gone now. DD's and select CL's used to be able to fire farther than they could be spotted.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
17,484 posts
10,170 battles
34 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Used to be broken OP back in the day. Now it's just a pretty strong Tier V.

Congrats on getting him, quite  a rare ship.

34 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

It used to be OP, but then WG nuked stealth firing.  Still strong, but not ridiculously OP as it used to be.

Even when OWSF was a thing you still needed a 15 point captain on the five tier captains tree to do it and even without that it was still extremely strong. I have a 60% WR in mine over 97 matches and DD's are not my main focus and I never had OWSF on her.

3 minutes ago, n5bar said:

Open Water Stealth Fire?

Yes.

[HINON]
Supertester
20,092 posts
13,547 battles
2 minutes ago, n5bar said:

Open Water Stealth Fire?

Used to be that gun bloom when firing was tied to gun caliber, not gun range. This lead to some ships being able to shoot further than their max gun bloom. Blyskawica for example could get its max gun bloom when firing down to about 11km, with a nearly 14km max firing range. This meant you could fire at people and never be spotted, as long as you did it from far away enough. Gremyashchy could do it too.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
17,484 posts
10,170 battles
12 minutes ago, Lert said:

Used to be that gun bloom when firing was tied to gun caliber, not gun range. This lead to some ships being able to shoot further than their max gun bloom. Blyskawica for example could get its max gun bloom when firing down to about 11km, with a nearly 14km max firing range. This meant you could fire at people and never be spotted, as long as you did it from far away enough. Gremyashchy could do it too.

Yep and when the captains skill tree was changed to four tiers instead of four it opened up OWSF to a vast range of ships, almost every DD and some cruisers. Instead of being a fairly rare event running into an OWSF ship became an every match event.

[-GPS-]
Members
2,606 posts
26,921 battles
14 minutes ago, n5bar said:

Open Water Stealth Fire?

Yes. Gremyaschy had a 4.2 km stealth firing window IIRC. IOW his/her detection after firing guns was 4.2 shorter than her gun range with AFT. It was ridiculous. However, those who believe the Gremyaschy is “weak” now don’t know how to play DD.  IMHO Gremyaschy is a Tier 6-1/2 with Tier 5 matchmaking.  Good concealment, very good speed, great guns, 8 km torps with fast reload, oh and decent AA especially for a T5 DD.

A 12 point captain makes Gremyaschy quite useful:

preventative maintenance, last stand and expert marksman, basic firing training and Concealment Expert. 

Remaining 7 points go into AFT and Demo Expert. 

My Izyaslav captain serves in Gremyaschy, Okhotnik, Krasny Krym, Admiral Makarov (AA build), and Leningrad. He would be equally at home in Gnevny, Podvoisky, and Minsk. 

[WK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
686 posts
10,212 battles
50 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

The guns can citadel light cruisers. The torps have an exceptional long reach for VMF DDs. So the OP part of it is that it is BOTH gunboat and torp boat for whatever battle you are in.

Her guns can citadel some battleships as well, if close enough.

[FLS]
Alpha Tester
638 posts
2,820 battles

Gnevny, since it is the exact same class of ship (also Anshan and Fushun are Project 7-class destroyers). Before Gnevny's turrets were buffed, Gremyashchy basically represented a straight-up superior version of the same ship, with better torpedoes, better handling, and a whole tier better matchmaking, to boot. It was ludicrous. Now Gremy still has the better torpedoes and rudder shift, but Gnevny's turret buff makes it less of a chore to play in some situations compared to Gremyashchy.

--Helms

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
2,092 posts
10,936 battles

I played her during the Turkey event and obtained first turkey who got Kraken, with 11 citadel hits.

Now I wanted her since last year I did not get her from all the Santa crates that I splashed.