TheURLGuy

Let’s Talk About "Santa Claus Containers: A Time of Gifts!"

240 comments in this topic

[R-F1]
[R-F1]
Members
163 posts
14,185 battles

I am annoyed they have not fixed amazon pay ESPECIALLY for this event... 

I am going to have to get another subway gift card for this, because I cannot buy them outright with my card due to your location being outside the USA. Still annoyed but hopefully I get something out of these containers.

• Cool 8

Members
782 posts
29,594 battles

I really miss Dasha in her Holiday outfit as she comes down with a gift. Any chance we see her and Alena in next update? Can we also get a ginormous amount of steel if say we got all the ships on the aforementioned list? Any chance of getting more Dasha commanders, especially if she were to be in US Navy Dress Whites. That would be cool. I think most players would also like to see her in uniform on just about any nation. Yes, I am her biggest fan. If anyone so much as look at her cross, I would sail around the 7 seas in my Colorado to avenge her honor. Oh, I am almost close to mastery of WV and if there is a substantial spike in bot frags, please do not nerf it. Oh, and tell Phil and Phil, I look forward to the steel missions and will grind my steel until I get the Stalingrad or at least until I pass out from exhaustion. :Smile_glasses: "I Have no interest in a vessel that is slow, for I intend to go in Harm's Way." John Paul Jones

Edited by SteelRain_Rifleman
PS. Halloween event is nice. If you can close the circle faster and have ships detonate immediately, that would be hilarious. thanks
  • Boring 1

Members
782 posts
29,594 battles

I liked the Halloween event. If you make the circle close faster and detonate any ship immediately outside of circle, then that would be hilarious. Imagine the players getting all close quarters. It could be a future meme. Keep up the good work. o7 

• Boring 1

Beta Testers
19 posts
4,613 battles

Alright so just to clarify is there an equal chance to get every ship from each box or is there a higher chance to get them from the Mega or Big boxes?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[TBW]
Members
9,272 posts
16,150 battles

including the rare "steel giants" Missouri, Imperator Nikolai I, Gremyashchy, Mikhail Kutuzov, Belfast, Kamikaze, and Giulio Cesare.

Very misleading text, these are not the steel giants.

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Boring 1

[O_S_D]
Members
116 posts
10,587 battles

Yeaaaaa...Spent 60 bucks last year. Not a single ship did I win. I'll sit this one out. You guys can go win all those flags and camos. I have enough to last me. Good luck. You will need it.

• Cool 6
  • Funny 2

[CCTV2]
Beta Testers
391 posts
8,214 battles
45 minutes ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

I really miss Dasha in her Holiday outfit as she comes down with a gift. Any chance we see her and Alena in next update? Can we also get a ginormous amount of steel if say we got all the ships on the aforementioned list? Any chance of getting more Dasha commanders, especially if she were to be in US Navy Dress Whites. That would be cool. I think most players would also like to see her in uniform on just about any nation. Yes, I am her biggest fan. If anyone so much as look at her cross, I would sail around the 7 seas in my Colorado to avenge her honor. Oh, I am almost close to mastery of WV and if there is a substantial spike in bot frags, please do not nerf it. Oh, and tell Phil and Phil, I look forward to the steel missions and will grind my steel until I get the Stalingrad or at least until I pass out from exhaustion. :Smile_glasses: "I Have no interest in a vessel that is slow, for I intend to go in Harm's Way." John Paul Jones

She is having a baby and on her maternity leave

• Cool 6

[KMS]
Beta Testers
216 posts
14,528 battles

POSSIBLE BUG in getting free gift containers,

If two players use the same computer to play wow and the first one collects his free containers, they are not there for the second player,

no transport ship to click on, just a warship and going to the collect container screen and trying to click on the NYs banner does nothing.

I was able to collect mine but when he logged on the same computer to get his--nothing there , he is going to try again from his laptop

Any one else   with this problem?

• Cool 2

[SFBBW]
[SFBBW]
Members
44 posts
8,789 battles

so you limit the number of crate cause, you let me gift only 3 and cant even buy crapfor me wth you need to fix this bug, buddy had the same CR@P bug last time santa craps came around 

Edited by TaftMan_69

[KMS]
Beta Testers
216 posts
14,528 battles

BTW I did pretty good with last years containers splurging on myself BUT I also gave them as gifts to friends  

You would not believe all the ships they got from my gift containers to them.

If I did not know better, I would suspect WG "might" be extra generous to infrequent players to in trice them to play more often.

LOL  

• Cool 2

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,711 posts
22,019 battles
1 hour ago, TheURLGuy said:

In the run-up to our New Year celebrations, we unveil the new festive boxes for you.

Read it here!

Yeah lets talk about drop rate percentages...... Maybe you should publish those so people do not feel ripped off this go around. It is shameful that you don't have pride enough in what you publish to give your customers that data so they can make an informed decision on what to do with their money.  

Trustworthy and transparent my furry buttocks. 

• Cool 10

Beta Testers
895 posts
14,840 battles
Just now, Taylor3006 said:

Yeah lets talk about drop rate percentages...... Maybe you should publish those so people do not feel ripped off this go around. It is shameful that you don't have pride enough in what you publish to give your customers that data so they can make an informed decision on what to do with their money.  

Trustworthy and transparent my furry buttocks. 

We need wait for european forum. In law they need show percentage of win :D and probally same boxes so we ll see.

• Cool 1

[CRF]
Members
532 posts
6,995 battles

Spent WAY too much on these boxes last year, but received approximately 6 months Premium time as well as many ships, so doing the math, I came out way ahead if I had spent that money on the individual items.  However, I intend to keep a tighter hold on the purse strings this year - let's see if I follow thru with THAT resolution.....

• Cool 2

[AMISH]
Beta Testers
101 posts
7,809 battles

Dropped $30 on a variety of containers this time, but no Mega containers.  I can say that I did WAY better last year.  I likely got my $30 worth this year but nothing big.  I think the biggest disappointment is getting 2 camo's in a container over and over.  It feels like I was getting coal in my stocking, not a gift.  And, frankly, I would have welcomed the coal!!!

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[-AA-]
[-AA-]
Members
14 posts
5,564 battles

They have to. Several games like battlefront2 had to remove the gambling system out of the game. 

I was hoping for the Missouri and kutuzov because I was inactive that period. Only chance I have is the chance of a ship and the fact it will pick the ship out of a list of 63 other ships.
Lol. I have most premiums but the ones I don't want can also be picked out of this list.

This sucks monley balls. So I don't want money spent on dumb camouflage drops.

Edited by AdmSevicson
  • Cool 2

Members
24 posts
9,893 battles

Uggg garbage. i spend $74.00 and got camos and flags. Should have just bought a ship.....Last time for me.

Thanks for nothing WG.....eer Thanks for the flags and camos that i dont care about? and taking my money? 

When will I learn......

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[5IN]
Members
51 posts
4,500 battles

Bought 5 Mega containers, got the Gremy and Missouri.   I'm gonna go buy a lottery ticket.

• Cool 4

Members
24 posts
9,893 battles
Just now, JaxTek said:

Bought 5 Mega containers, got the Gremy and Missouri.   I'm gonna go buy a lottery ticket.

wth I got 20 megas and got nothing.....sorry not nothing, flags and camos.....

[-AA-]
[-AA-]
Members
14 posts
5,564 battles

I clicked the icon on the containers screen but no free boxes. The website says you have to click on it to get 2 free boxes.

Edited by AdmSevicson

Beta Testers
8 posts
8,256 battles

I bought $100.00 in WoT containers last Year and it was all trash!  WoT NOT this year. Did well with WoW last years but spent close to $300.00 but got 2 yrs Premium, ton of Doubloons, 1100 Frosty camos(Which I loved) and 13 premiums I did not have (Most were lower tier). Dont know what I will do this year. Think I will wait a few days to see how others do?????

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,711 posts
22,019 battles
4 minutes ago, AdmSevicson said:

I clicked the icon on the containers screen but no free boxes. The website says you have to click on it to get 2 free boxes.

Yeah it isn't really clear. Ok go to the ship where you open your normal containers when you get them. That is the place with the crane that drops the box and the torpedo polisher guy. On the left side of the screen there is some Santa's crates stacked there. Click on those. That opens up a panel where you can buy them BUT if you look to the bottom right hand side of the screen, there is another box that will tell you that there are now two crates waiting for you to open them back with the torpedo polisher guy..... It is stupid and convoluted but one gets used to that when Wargaming is involved... 

• Cool 3