You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
IfYouSeeKhaos

2 out of 3 ain't bad...

6 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
2,355 posts
19,731 battles

But it's a little confusing when 2 things that do different things have the same definitions (as in the 2nd & 3rd screenshots)…

2 correct usages of the word "Accelerates":

shot-18_12.03_22_33.57-0475.thumb.jpg.5503e9da07ff0fe971cd44bf83bd7a18.jpg

shot-18_12.03_22_31.38-0943.thumb.jpg.4e0d8fde9fbdf6369955ebdb9561558e.jpg

& 1 incorrect usage:

shot-18_12.03_22_35.50-0907.thumb.jpg.0e81aadb03c682dcea42d445a20ded72.jpg

Should be "Instantly" (or somehow worded to include the 1 tick of fire/flooding damage delay) instead of "Accelerates" (w/the removal of the then unnecessary "of").

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[ARGSY]
Members
8,153 posts
5,538 battles
6 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Should be "Instantly"

It's a very, very, VERY rapid acceleration.

Google "Project Orion" and "Dirac Delta function" for examples. :Smile_trollface:

[PVE]
Members
2,355 posts
19,731 battles
4 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

It's a very, very, VERY rapid acceleration.

Google "Project Orion" and "Dirac Delta function" for examples. :Smile_trollface:

Theoretically because of the 1 tick for fire or flood "Accelerates" is more accurate than "Instantly" using your VERY example but the 2 distinctly different reactions should have different definitions...& the difference between the "of & the "to" &/or the addition of "modules" & "efforts" are redundancies that don't differ the definitions enough to clarify the difference in the reactions.

[ARGSY]
Members
8,153 posts
5,538 battles
1 minute ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

the difference between the "of & the "to" &/or the addition of "modules" & "efforts" are redundancies that don't differ the definitions enough to clarify the difference in the reactions.

Probably a side-effect of the translation from Russian into English. Russian, IIRC, has some curious absences when it comes to certain parts of speech we see in English. I actually have a Berlitz Russian phrasebook at home; I should dig it out and make some use of it in interpreting the sometimes rather curious things they tell us. (Note that I am by no means fluent in Russian - my understanding is limited to da, nyet, and the ability to count backwards from four as a result of a rocket launch sequence in one of the James Bond films.)

• Funny 1

[PVE]
Members
2,355 posts
19,731 battles
8 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Probably a side-effect of the translation from Russian into English. Russian, IIRC, has some curious absences when it comes to certain parts of speech we see in English. I actually have a Berlitz Russian phrasebook at home; I should dig it out and make some use of it in interpreting the sometimes rather curious things they tell us. (Note that I am by no means fluent in Russian - my understanding is limited to da, nyet, and the ability to count backwards from four as a result of a rocket launch sequence in one of the James Bond films.)

You're 4 words ahead of me then...lol.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,577 posts
13,491 battles

Thematically it "accelerates" your crew's actions, but that's all fantasy.

IMO, the description on DCP is more misleading because it fails to mention the immunity period.