You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
MajorRenegade

Tumblr

11 comments in this topic

[ERN]
[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,385 posts
4,550 battles

I know this is not related to anything close to Wows. But i thought this latest news would be worth sharing.

So on Dec 17th, Tumblr will no longer allow nsfw. Their stock has already dropped over 5% today and still dropping. let see how well that will work for them

BKLKJhH.png

• Funny 2

Alpha Tester, Members, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
1,615 posts
3,828 battles

wasn't tumblr only good for that anyways?  if so then i don't see how it will survive at all

[SOUP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,996 posts

It'll just cause a boom in users with sites like Blogger, I've a friend in the lewd art business, so I've been watching this closely. His works aren't my taste, but I hate seeing an artist get their wings clipped by external influences.

Obviously, we can't discuss the content made by these affected people, but it's an excellent example of when someone decides to overturn something that has been generally accepted as the norm for ages. Such as paid mods that Steam tried to do a while back, and Bethesda resurrected to great disdain from their community. Changes to a community can always be a healthy thing, but when you suddenly veer off the regular track, when you go full Initial D drifting around a corner screaming YOLO... that is when you have problems, you lose your backing, and you lose your customers

[WOLF6]
Members
762 posts
6,806 battles

Where am I going to get HD pictures of male genitals to text to my coworkers when they are with clients or on dates?!?

Alpha Tester
5,496 posts
2,625 battles

I don't care so long as Tumblr Awards videos keep on being funny.

[CUTIE]
WoWS Community Contributors, Beta Testers
102 posts
5,712 battles
1 hour ago, Chobittsu said:

It'll just cause a boom in users with sites like Blogger, I've a friend in the lewd art business, so I've been watching this closely. 

I'd suspect most likely that there will be more fluctuation of nsfw accounts and communities popping up for Twitter and Reddit. I haven't honestly seen much of sites like blogger 

Not really sure where Tumblr is going to go from here.. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

[SOUP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,996 posts
1 minute ago, FuryTomic said:

Back to teenage girls blogging photos of their salads? Or is that an Instagram thing?    XD

[CUTIE]
WoWS Community Contributors, Beta Testers
102 posts
5,712 battles
Just now, Chobittsu said:

Back to teenage girls blogging photos of their salads? Or is that an Instagram thing?    XD

I thought that was the intent of Snapchat. Oh wait.

[ERN]
[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,385 posts
4,550 battles
9 hours ago, Chobittsu said:

It'll just cause a boom in users with sites like Blogger, I've a friend in the lewd art business, so I've been watching this closely. His works aren't my taste, but I hate seeing an artist get their wings clipped by external influences.

Obviously, we can't discuss the content made by these affected people, but it's an excellent example of when someone decides to overturn something that has been generally accepted as the norm for ages. Such as paid mods that Steam tried to do a while back, and Bethesda resurrected to great disdain from their community. Changes to a community can always be a healthy thing, but when you suddenly veer off the regular track, when you go full Initial D drifting around a corner screaming YOLO... that is when you have problems, you lose your backing, and you lose your customers

It like tumblr is trying to destroy itself

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1