You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Rabin69

Wooster Legendary module...Worth It?

7 comments in this topic

[SHAFT]
Members
314 posts
11,756 battles

Hi folks, 

So I finally unlocked the legendary module for the Wooster and based on general info put out by the CC's they are of the opinion that its meh.

The thing is a lot of them gave negative feedback on the DM module and I actually enjoy using it.

What I am wondering from the average player who has equipped it, is it worth giving up the concealment range of 1k.

Since they nerfed the Wooster radar, seems that you will be spotted by dds no matter what and once you are everyone wants a piece of your hull.

So island hugging is more a priority than trying to position to radar caps, especially early game. Plus I already have the regular radar mod loaded, is the additional radar time with the legendary really worth it.

Seem that having a longer def aa run time may be beneficial once the CV rework goes live, but I'm hesitant.

Disclaimer, I generally suck with this ship. Just would like some feedback from the rest of average potatoes out there.

Thanks in advance if you took the time to read the above and respond.

As a bit of entertainment, I included the last game replay where thanks to dumb luck I caught the enemy Midway full health sitting in a cap (love seeing them burn).

20181203_224818_PASC210-Worcester_14_Atlantic.wowsreplay

shot-18.12.03_23.11.13-0194.jpg

shot-18.12.03_23.11.19-0252.jpg

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,237 posts
11,044 battles

I don't have the legendary mod, but I have a Worcs and I would never, ever in a million years mount it.

I think you'll struggle to find anyone who has it - it's not worth grinding to in and of itself.

Losing concealment is really, really deleterious, not just for radar, but for moving around the battlefield and bumping into other cruisers. The Worcester shell arcs are poor.

1. Radar duration when your concealment is poor, and duration is already good isn't worth it.
  2. Longer DFAA is a double-edged sword, sure it lasts longer which is useful just about never, but as it lasts longer it takes longer to come back up for the next wave.
  3. Hydroacoustic duration is nice, but rarely critical.

10% concealment and +5% to incoming shell dispersion is a far better investment. I don't know what WG were thinking when they nerfed Worcester's radar, it did need a hit, but it pushed the legendary module from 'hilariously unplayable' to 'outright stupid'.

Des Moines' module is great though, lots of fun if you like to move around, not necessarily great if you're keen on island hugging. I would 100% recommend that if just for the experience. Playing a less stealth Worcester with moderately better consumables appeals not at all.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
12,248 posts
8,459 battles
48 minutes ago, Rabin69 said:

Hi folks, 

So I finally unlocked the legendary module for the Wooster and based on general info put out by the CC's they are of the opinion that its meh.

The thing is a lot of them gave negative feedback on the DM module and I actually enjoy using it.

What I am wondering from the average player who has equipped it, is it worth giving up the concealment range of 1k.

Since they nerfed the Wooster radar, seems that you will be spotted by dds no matter what and once you are everyone wants a piece of your hull.

So island hugging is more a priority than trying to position to radar caps, especially early game. Plus I already have the regular radar mod loaded, is the additional radar time with the legendary really worth it.

Seem that having a longer def aa run time may be beneficial once the CV rework goes live, but I'm hesitant.

Disclaimer, I generally suck with this ship. Just would like some feedback from the rest of average potatoes out there.

Thanks in advance if you took the time to read the above and respond.

As a bit of entertainment, I included the last game replay where thanks to dumb luck I caught the enemy Midway full health sitting in a cap (love seeing them burn).

20181203_224818_PASC210-Worcester_14_Atlantic.wowsreplay

shot-18.12.03_23.11.13-0194.jpg

shot-18.12.03_23.11.19-0252.jpg

Here is the thread with the math for all the slot 5 upgrades for Worcester. Stacking the UU and one of the special consumables modules looks to get you the most buffs.

Master list

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
17,247 posts
15,762 battles

Considering the Radar range on Worcester got nerfed recently, and taking the Legendary Downgrade will nerf her concealment even more so that the disparity in concealment to Radar range will be stupidly wide, I'd say it isn't worth it.  Not to mention the worse concealment will make life even harder.  You will not necessarily have an island nearby all the time to bail you out of trouble.

• Cool 1

[SHAFT]
Members
314 posts
11,756 battles
8 hours ago, mofton said:

I don't have the legendary mod, but I have a Worcs and I would never, ever in a million years mount it.

I think you'll struggle to find anyone who has it - it's not worth grinding to in and of itself.

Losing concealment is really, really deleterious, not just for radar, but for moving around the battlefield and bumping into other cruisers. The Worcester shell arcs are poor.

1. Radar duration when your concealment is poor, and duration is already good isn't worth it.
  2. Longer DFAA is a double-edged sword, sure it lasts longer which is useful just about never, but as it lasts longer it takes longer to come back up for the next wave.
  3. Hydroacoustic duration is nice, but rarely critical.

10% concealment and +5% to incoming shell dispersion is a far better investment. I don't know what WG were thinking when they nerfed Worcester's radar, it did need a hit, but it pushed the legendary module from 'hilariously unplayable' to 'outright stupid'.

Des Moines' module is great though, lots of fun if you like to move around, not necessarily great if you're keen on island hugging. I would 100% recommend that if just for the experience. Playing a less stealth Worcester with moderately better consumables appeals not at all.

Thanks for the feedback folks.

My thoughts are similar to yours mofton, I think you nailed the cons and they really don't seem to be worth it.

Guess it will sit in the warehouse for now.

[INTEL]
Members
1,014 posts
9,102 battles

For a 4 sec benefit in radar?  Absolutely not.

20 sec benefit in Hydro? eh, close, but no.

8 sec increase in DFAA?  Absolutely not.