Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Rickjoshi1765

Henry Captain doesn't put the X over IFHE

11 comments in this topic

[GODS]
Members
281 posts
9,842 battles

I was doing a captain respec on my Henry and I spotted that IFHE does not have the X thing over it.  Is there a reason for this?  I mean it has some big guns so why is it not crossed out?  

[GODS]
Members
281 posts
9,842 battles

I know but its not even there for the Henry.  Its there for all the other ships that it doesnt recommend.  I just wanted to know if there is a reason

Edited by Rickjoshi1765

Members
114 posts
9,097 battles
1 minute ago, Rickjoshi1765 said:

I was doing a captain respec on my Henry and I spotted that IFHE does not have the X thing over it.  Is there a reason for this?  I mean it has some big guns so why is it not crossed out?  

IFHE on the Henri allows it to pen 50mm plate. It's an important armor threshold as it's the bow armor of Stalingrad and Moskva. This is why you see people bring Henri IVs to clan battles and the KoTS tournament.

• Cool 7

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
17,414 posts
15,881 battles
54 minutes ago, Der_Eigenvektor said:

IFHE on the Henri allows it to pen 50mm plate. It's an important armor threshold as it's the bow armor of Stalingrad and Moskva. This is why you see people bring Henri IVs to clan battles and the KoTS tournament.

In Random Battles, you also got lots of ships with 50mm decks.  German BBs from Tier VII on have 50mm decks and they are very popular ships.  Guns of HIV's size getting HE Pens on top of Fire chances are nothing to brush off.  Throw in MBRB consumable for sh*ts and giggles!

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

[NGA]
Members
1,516 posts
8,693 battles

That explains that Henri that melted me in a game last night. Still I drew him far of enough that my clanmates were able to kicking the stuffing out his and he was alone vs 3 at the end. One of our biggest wins of the night.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
17,414 posts
15,881 battles
1 hour ago, LastoftheFallen said:

IF/HE on Henri IV also lets you do evil things to Khabas and their 50mm armor.

I remember a while back I was tormenting some poor GK.  The match was already a lopsided win for us, we were just cleaning up.  This GK's flank got rolled by us so hard that he was down in the south border dodging shots.  After he died he asked me WTH my fire chance was.  25% or something like that, with signal flags and DE totalled.  IFHE made it even worse for him.

"Jesus" was all he said :Smile_teethhappy:

German BBs with their 50mm decks take HE spam pretty well, despite a bunch of guys on the boards thinking they're exceptionally vulnerable.  They're not.  But HIV with IFHE + DE + Signal Flags eats 50mm armor like it's cool.  Mind you, Hindenburg pens 50mm even without IFHE.  It's just HIV has a bigger shell damage as well as very high fire chance.

[WOLFB]
Members
2,100 posts
9,546 battles

IFHE Henri is viable for cometitive but for random, you can put it somewhere else.

The "X" on skill just means it provide near no benefit. That's why you can see as a BB player a big "X" on IFHE but nothing on SE. 

Edited by AlcatrazNC

Sign in to follow this