You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
bubbleboy264

Buffed Myoko is a monster...

70 comments in this topic

[WOLF4]
Members
426 posts
5,710 battles

Love this thing now, the guns are incredible, you can easily land 7k+ HE volleys from max range with the improved accuracy, and the turret traverse is actually useable now. I’ve gotten mostly 100k+ DMG games after the changes. Definitely a well derserved and implemented buff. 

• Cool 2

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,993 posts
4,754 battles
6 minutes ago, bubbleboy264 said:

Love this thing now, the guns are incredible, you can easily land 7k+ HE volleys from max range with the improved accuracy, and the turret traverse is actually useable now. I’ve gotten mostly 100k+ DMG games after the changes. Definitely a well derserved and implemented buff. 

Did the arp Myokos get a buff too?

Can't check now atm.

[DAKI]
[DAKI]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,985 posts
4,867 battles
5 minutes ago, Vader_Sama said:

Can't check now atm.

Yes.

• Cool 1

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,987 posts
4,845 battles

Great, they buff the line so more ingrates can put their filthy hands all over the glorious Zao. 

• Funny 2

[MIA-E]
Members
2,749 posts
7,608 battles
10 minutes ago, MrKillmister said:

Furytaco, is too.

I've played 9 games in the Furutaka post-buff. Averaged 78k damage and 2 kills/game....

[KRAK]
Members
2,019 posts
14,771 battles
40 minutes ago, bubbleboy264 said:

Myoko was always a good ship even before the buff.

• Cool 2

Members
5,098 posts
3,082 battles
8 minutes ago, Vaffu said:

Myoko was always a good ship even before the buff.

Agreed. My only real complaint was her turrets, which were outpaced by several battleships. But other than that she was an incredibly potent cruiser, now she's borderline overpowered.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
1,437 posts
16,097 battles
4 minutes ago, Yoshiblue said:

So if ARP ships are psudo-premiums they can't nurf them right? :cap_book:

The buff came from a blanket change to the gun model.  If they reverse that in a similar blanket change, it will nerf relative premiums.

• Cool 1

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
2,099 posts
11,000 battles
1 hour ago, bubbleboy264 said:

I’ve gotten mostly 100k+ DMG games after the changes. Definitely a well derserved and implemented buff. 

In the WoWs folder install the game, there is a little folder call "replays", can you open this and post several replays in your Myoko please

[-VT3-]
Members
1,752 posts
3,561 battles
6 minutes ago, Krupp_Sabot said:

Did it effect the Aoba as well?

Should have.  It's all Japanese 203s, I believe.

Modder, Beta Testers
1,566 posts
2,650 battles
12 minutes ago, Krupp_Sabot said:

IIRC all IJN 203s received a dispersion buff to match the ZaoMyōkō got a traverse buff and the Ibuki stepped up her RoF.  I've enjoyed Myōkō since she dropped down to Tier VII and these buffs just made her all the more comfortable.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
17,403 posts
15,874 battles
2 hours ago, Vader_Sama said:

Can't check now atm.

All the ARP clones of Myoko also.

1 hour ago, Krupp_Sabot said:

Aoba got the dispersion buff but not traverse.  Myoko / ARP Myoko clones got the traverse buff because they were the only IJN CAs with BB-like turret traverse.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,888 posts
12,189 battles
8 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Aoba got the dispersion buff but not traverse.  Myoko / ARP Myoko clones got the traverse buff because they were the only IJN CAs with BB-like turret traverse.

*cries in Pensacola*

• Funny 3

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester
1,881 posts
2,681 battles

hmmmm?.. didn't read about this.   I guess I need to pull that back out from the moth balls and dust it off.   Stopped grinding this line after 10 games or so of being a HP pinata a few months ago?    

[KRAK]
Members
2,019 posts
14,771 battles
11 hours ago, goldeagle1123 said:

Agreed. My only real complaint was her turrets, which were outpaced by several battleships. But other than that she was an incredibly potent cruiser, now she's borderline overpowered.

That I can agree with 100 pct. The turrets were painfully slow.

[CAST]
Members
1,423 posts
7,924 battles

I always liked the Myoko even with the glacier like turrets.  Once you got them around to the target, they hit hard.  I was happy to see the buff, but haven't tried it out yet.  I am quite curious to try out the Furataka as well, since the buff.  I liked it before and played it often when I just wanted a T5 cruiser to play.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
17,403 posts
15,874 battles
3 hours ago, crzyhawk said:

*cries in Pensacola*

She's never getting her old Tier VII traverse.  That was a massive loss for her and her ability to at least dance while turrets kept up was her only perk in Tier VII.  If she got that in Tier VI, she'd be insane there :Smile_popcorn:

Members
20,838 posts
5,614 battles
12 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Makes sense, AFAIK, the guns themselves are all the same, just different turret mountings.

Members
20,838 posts
5,614 battles
2 hours ago, Vaffu said:

That I can agree with 100 pct. The turrets were painfully slow.

Yup, so slow that I used the upgrade to speed it up, at the expense of her not-so-great ROF....

Members
1,555 posts
7,863 battles
4 hours ago, crzyhawk said:

*cries in Pensacola*

Poor pepsicola...  they downtiered her and she's still garbage. 

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
17,403 posts
15,874 battles
27 minutes ago, Gen_Saris said:

Poor pepsicola...  they downtiered her and she's still garbage. 

It's been some time since the USN Cruiser Split.  I haven't tracked Pensacola's progress since the split happened and she doesn't look good at all despite inheriting the same firepower she had in Tier VII.  She still sucks.

Spoiler

5nV8Acm.jpg

It was suggested by some before the split happened that you could literally take the same VII Pensacola and plop her into Tier VI, "As is" and she'd be fine.  Her total historical game stats when she was in Tier VII:

Spoiler

WGCGmUT.jpg

Pensacola got worse.

As for Myoko, I'm curious to see how her performance improves.  Those are BIG buffs for a ship, all done in one time.  But we players will never see that stat improvement from our angles, at least in terms of server stats.  Only WG's tools will get that.  Personally, I never thought accuracy is a Heavy Cruiser problem, but her Myoko's turret traverse was just awful.

Sorry Pensacola.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway