You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
shadowsrmine

I Have a Puzzle The Captain on my Shimakaze Has CE

16 comments in this topic

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,379 posts

So even tho she doen't have premium Camo but instead a regular Consumable Camo and there is no difference in the Detectability  or Concealment between the two why (and yes I have noticed this on other ships as well)is her Concealment set at  6.2  instead of   5.4?    Or even slightly higher than 5.4

[KSE]
Members
7,741 posts
8,075 battles

Shima's full concealment is 5.6km. I cycled through my entire 50+ camos, it stayed at 5.6.

So, if you have a 6.2, this means you don't have the concealment mod, or you don't have CE. It's that simple.

• Cool 1

[KSE]
Members
7,741 posts
8,075 battles

Shima without camo: 5.8km. Shima without CE and camo: 6.4km. Shima without all that and without CM is about 7km, I'm not wasting doubs or credits to know to the exact .1km what it is.

So, you're missing something. You say you have CE, so then it has to be the concealment mod.

• Cool 1

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,379 posts
8 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

Shima's full concealment is 5.6km. I cycled through my entire 50+ camos, it stayed at 5.6.

So, if you have a 6.2, this means you don't have the concealment mod, or you don't have CE. It's that simple.

:Smile_great:That was it

5 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

Shima without camo: 5.8km. Shima without CE and camo: 6.4km. Shima without all that and without CM is about 7km, I'm not wasting doubs or credits to know to the exact .1km what it is.

So, you're missing something. You say you have CE, so then it has to be the concealment mod.

:Smile_great:However that just brought her concealment down to 5.6  and there is nothing the Premium Camo that shows up different from consumable camo so it's an Unseen Buff to Concealment?    Using Shadow Lurker Camo to earn more Exp for her Captain and a few other Exp bonus's

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,379 posts
21 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

:Smile_great:

1 minute ago, shadowsrmine said:

:Smile_great:That was it

:Smile_great:However that just brought her concealment down to 5.6  and there is nothing the Premium Camo that shows up different from consumable camo so it's an Unseen Buff to Concealment?    Using Shadow Lurker Camo to earn more Exp for her Captain and a few other Exp bonus's

:Smile_great::Smile_unsure:Just Dismounted and Remounted which changed it from 5.6 to  5.8  and back again............................:Smile_unsure:WTH  Is going on?

[TF16A]
[TF16A]
Members
465 posts
6,037 battles
8 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

:Smile_great::Smile_unsure:Just Dismounted and Remounted which changed it from 5.6 to  5.8  and back again............................:Smile_unsure:WTH  Is going on?

The Shimakaze has never had a concealment at 5.4 km.  Originally, at 5.9 km, she was buffed relatively recently to 5.6 km.

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,379 posts
4 minutes ago, DanielLeary said:

The Shimakaze has never had a concealment at 5.4 km.  Originally, at 5.9 km, she was buffed relatively recently to 5.6 km.

Ahhhhhh   So  thats why Asashio and Cossack out spot her?    Still why she have such  a rep for stealthieness then?

Edited by shadowsrmine

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,890 posts
7 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

Ahhhhhh   So  thats why Asashio and Cossack out spot her?    Still why she have such  a rep for stealthieness then?

Of all tier 10 destroyers she is stealthier. 

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,379 posts
10 minutes ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

Of all tier 10 destroyers she is stealthier. 

Her torpedos aren't all the other tier ten  Destroyers are stealthier they just don't reach as far,   However what can be seen is often be easier to avoid and of course they're guns are better and she's far more fragile

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
3,890 posts
16 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

Her torpedos aren't all the other tier ten  Destroyers are stealthier they just don't reach as far,   However what can be seen is often be easier to avoid and of course they're guns are better and she's far more fragile

Shimmy has lowest detection. 

Her torpedoes are, arguably,  the worst.

20km can be spotted from 2.7 km.

She has 3 torpedo options: 20km, 12 mm & 8 km.

She is the 3rd fastest tier 10 destroyer. 

Shimmy excels at the vision game. Comes in second to area denial. 

Now that her guns are buffed, she can out gun a Z52.

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,379 posts
Just now, dEsTurbed1 said:

Was using the 12km 'Was'  tey were all spotted and avoided even whilst being shot from inside 7-9km now looking at other options   PS  no  her captain does not have  IFHE  nor does she have the artillery mod  enabling her to have rapid fire maybe she should however to give her IFHE  her captain lvl 17 would need to be respeced  as she has torpedo acceleration and torpedo armanent expertise

[PSP]
Members
8,056 posts
1 hour ago, shadowsrmine said:

The Gearing with the Legendary mod is as stealthy too. I think what you are seeing is power creep. 

• Cool 1

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,379 posts
16 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

The Gearing with the Legendary mod is as stealthy too. I think what you are seeing is power creep. 

Yup and after torpedos having been nerfed so hard everyone can see her torpedos  afar and avoid them easily unless she goes the the extreme route with legendary module and takes the 6km torpedos:Smile_izmena:..................................:etc_swear:NTY:Smile_facepalm:

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
3,890 posts
3 hours ago, shadowsrmine said:

Was using the 12km 'Was'  tey were all spotted and avoided even whilst being shot from inside 7-9km now looking at other options   PS  no  her captain does not have  IFHE  nor does she have the artillery mod  enabling her to have rapid fire maybe she should however to give her IFHE  her captain lvl 17 would need to be respeced  as she has torpedo acceleration and torpedo armanent expertise

Torpedoe acceleration IJ s not a good option for 12km torps.

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,379 posts

Not too mention not only are Shimakaze's  torpedos the most visible they're also the slowest loading:Smile_sad: As everyone has they're torpedos up  launching them at me 1st(and yes I do have as I posted earlier torpedo armament expertise on my captain not that it seems to help much)

Edited by shadowsrmine

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,379 posts
On 12/3/2018 at 7:52 PM, dEsTurbed1 said:

On 12/3/2018 at 8:37 PM, Snargfargle said:

:Smile_great:Actually  I don't know how this Slipped Past Everyone  But Gearing  With Camo Is More Stealthy at 5.9 than  Shima is With Camo at 6.2