Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Droz1937

Flags with Bonuses

21 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

72
[RTR]
Beta Testers
166 posts
5,356 battles

My dad has a couple flags that give bonuses...i think extra credits. I am not talking about signal flags, but the single flag (or two if you complete collections.)

How did he obtain these? Are there any obtainable now? I have two flags I can put on most of my ships, but no flags that give a bonus. The only time I had one was for ranked battles and it was removed a long time ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
405
[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
1,042 posts
15,777 battles

I know of one that was available as part of a special fundraising promotion a couple years ago. If I remember correctly, WGing have stated they will not put out any more flags with bonuses. Never know, of course. But I would not expect it to happen any time soon.

Respects,

Am

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
459
[RTXN]
Beta Testers
1,266 posts

Only three that I know of:

Alpha Tester

Military Month Contributor

Higher ranking flags during Ranked Battles - but these are taken away after each Ranked season.

 

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Flags

 

There was also one for King of the Sea - but only on EU server.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,195
[RLGN]
Members
12,664 posts
22,476 battles

Not entirely sure what’s so game breaking about a 5% credit bonus; but imagine WG would love to remove the MMC flag if they could.

Maybe if it was a +5% auto repair every so many minutes; but credits? What’s the big deal?

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
656
[S0L0]
Members
1,445 posts
7,009 battles
1 hour ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Not entirely sure what’s so game breaking about a 5% credit bonus; but imagine WG would love to remove the MMC flag if they could.

Maybe if it was a +5% auto repair every so many minutes; but credits? What’s the big deal?

5% credits, 5% XP boost, 10% (cumulative) Commander XP, with infinite copies, unlimited uses, and they gave it away at nearly the very beginning of the games life. I can't even begin to calculate how much extra XP and captains XP I've gotten from that flag now, and it's the gift that will keep on giving until I stop playing.

 

Matt

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,195
[RLGN]
Members
12,664 posts
22,476 battles
1 minute ago, mobryan said:

5% credits, 5% XP boost, 10% (cumulative) Commander XP, with infinite copies, unlimited uses, and they gave it away at nearly the very beginning of the games life. I can't even begin to calculate how much extra XP and captains XP I've gotten from that flag now, and it's the gift that will keep on giving until I stop playing.

Matt

Yeah; that is true.

I may only use it on USN ships for the most part; but even then I’m sure it’s been a lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,392
[KSE]
[KSE]
Beta Testers
1,616 posts
15,459 battles

I am grateful for all the missions and campaigns that unlocked a second flag on my ships - the first flag is ALWAYS the MMC flag, the second slot is nice to have for fun/historical flavor.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,546
[SALVO]
Members
23,853 posts
24,426 battles
2 hours ago, jmanII said:

Only three that I know of:

Alpha Tester

Military Month Contributor

Higher ranking flags during Ranked Battles - but these are taken away after each Ranked season.

 

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Flags

 

There was also one for King of the Sea - but only on EU server.

Yeah, at ranks 15 and 10 (and possibly 5, I don't really know), you earn a "league" flag that, IIRC, comes with a bonus (reduction) to the service fee.  The flag at rank 10 replaces the flag for rank 15.  And IIRC, the benefit is something like -5% to service fee at rank 15 and then -10% to service fee at rank 10.  The percentage numbers might be off, but the idea is that the flag at rank 10 gives a better bonus than the one at rank 15.  And as you say, those flags are removed after each Ranked season.

However, during ranked season, when I earn those flags, I make sure to put them on any ship that can possibly mount it, as it's a nice little bonus in addition to the MMC flag.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
528
[A_51]
Members
955 posts
27 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Yeah; that is true.

I may only use it on USN ships for the most part; but even then I’m sure it’s been a lot.

There is no imaginable reason not to fly it on every ship. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,195
[RLGN]
Members
12,664 posts
22,476 battles
22 minutes ago, Seaneroo said:

There is no imaginable reason not to fly it on every ship. 

National flavor.

Only time I’ve ever flown it on ships other than USN is for specific grinds, and maxing the related bonuses from camo and signals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,479
[KRAK]
Members
3,470 posts
19,347 battles
2 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Not entirely sure what’s so game breaking about a 5% credit bonus; but imagine WG would love to remove the MMC flag if they could.

Maybe if it was a +5% auto repair every so many minutes; but credits? What’s the big deal?

The 5 pct credit bonus flag would stop people from buying the 10 pct  credit bonus flags. Hence it was a limited edition and they claim they will not do it again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,237
[WOLF9]
Privateers
12,201 posts
4,602 battles
2 hours ago, Droz1937 said:

My dad has a couple flags that give bonuses...i think extra credits. I am not talking about signal flags, but the single flag (or two if you complete collections.)

How did he obtain these? Are there any obtainable now? I have two flags I can put on most of my ships, but no flags that give a bonus. The only time I had one was for ranked battles and it was removed a long time ago.

Yes, there are a few.  Look in the wiki for a list.

No, you can't get one.  Well, not unless you become a Supertester or a WG employee.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
528
[A_51]
Members
955 posts
24 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

National flavor.

Only time I’ve ever flown it on ships other than USN is for specific grinds, and maxing the related bonuses from camo and signals.

Your rationale escapes me, but to each his own.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,195
[RLGN]
Members
12,664 posts
22,476 battles
23 minutes ago, Seaneroo said:

Your rationale escapes me, but to each his own.

Visually the design makes it a US themed flag; therefore I (more or less,) only fly it on US ships.

I have other flags for other Navies I want to fly.

I may suck at times; but I’ve never sucked so badly and so consistently that I’ve been desperate for every single credit or xp; therefore I never cared if I flew it on every ship or not.

Basically as you said; ‘to each their own.’

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,674
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,711 posts
22,019 battles
5 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Not entirely sure what’s so game breaking about a 5% credit bonus; but imagine WG would love to remove the MMC flag if they could.

Maybe if it was a +5% auto repair every so many minutes; but credits? What’s the big deal?

Yeah it is weird that they seem to think it is a problem. Not sure how terrible it would be to reduce the grind by a freaking 5% or to give out 5% more credits... They could make money selling the flag or better yet, could sell them and give a portion of the profits to help one of the many ship museums. I would pay good money for a Texas flag with bonuses that helped out the old ship. Heck I would pay good money for actual historical flags with no bonuses to put on my ships. So many of the vanity flags are just crap... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,195
[RLGN]
Members
12,664 posts
22,476 battles
18 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Yeah it is weird that they seem to think it is a problem. Not sure how terrible it would be to reduce the grind by a freaking 5% or to give out 5% more credits... They could make money selling the flag or better yet, could sell them and give a portion of the profits to help one of the many ship museums. I would pay good money for a Texas flag with bonuses that helped out the old ship. Heck I would pay good money for actual historical flags with no bonuses to put on my ships. So many of the vanity flags are just crap... 

Yeah; even without bonuses I would love to have a Battle Ensign sized White Ensign to fly from my Warspite, (like the one from Jutland at the RN Museum in Portsmouth.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
65
[PLPT]
Members
214 posts
9,961 battles
4 hours ago, mobryan said:

5% credits, 5% XP boost, 10% (cumulative) Commander XP, with infinite copies, unlimited uses, and they gave it away at nearly the very beginning of the games life. I can't even begin to calculate how much extra XP and captains XP I've gotten from that flag now, and it's the gift that will keep on giving until I stop playing.

 

Matt

I've used mine on every ship, every battle, since i got it. Over at least 5,000 battles, with a premium account, that's got to add up to some big numbers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,070
[CNO]
Members
5,306 posts
16,651 battles
3 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

National flavor.

Or simple ambiance (which includes national flavor).  Sometimes color coordination.  Sometimes just to reflect a feeling.  Sometimes....just because it looks pretty.  And sometimes....just because.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,195
[RLGN]
Members
12,664 posts
22,476 battles
24 minutes ago, Zairinzan said:

I've used mine on every ship, every battle, since i got it. Over at least 5,000 battles, with a premium account, that's got to add up to some big numbers.

At nearly eighteen-thousand battles, it might be argued I’ve thrown away lots of credits and xp by not doing the same...

...considering though I’ve 840-ish million credits an 3.5-ish million fxp; plus Lord knows how much unconverted ship xp, (including a Bogue that just topped one-million sxp,) I’m at a point where those bonuses don’t mean that much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×