Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

Help me out here - Chung Mu vs YueYang

12 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
7,252 posts
12,516 battles

So I just got to YueYang this morning. I know WG nerfed it recently and all but I didn't expect to get to a T10 that feels way worse than the T9. I honestly think this is the 1st T10 in the game I have got that feels like a step back from the T9 before it. I know many like Fletcher over Gearing, and that these are similar/same basic ships, but I think Gearing is as good or better than Fletcher. I can't say the same for CM vs YY. Just feels like a HUGE step backwards.

I actually did this chart (more for me to have it right there to see) than anything. To me this shows why YY feels like a let down and step back. CM is better in a lot of very key features for a DD and where YY is better it is marginal improvements. 

egUXKoZ.jpg

Torps reload way longer and do less damage for a slight speed boost and 3km of range. Doesn't seem worth it to me to get 3km of range and 2 knots of speed at the cost of 1133 damage p/ torp and 38.2 sec longer reloads. Main gun ROF is lower as is the range. You get 1 extra gun but the damage is the same for both shells and you lose ROF and range. Not worth an extra gun AND it feels like it is easier to get CM's 5 all on target vs the 6 of YY. Detection and speed is worse although I am used to that having played Fletcher and Gearing. But it is just another area where YY is worse. Even the HP increase is marginal with YY having just 1400 more. That is basically 1-2 shell hits.

So I just don't get how this is a step forward from Chung Mu? What am I missing here?  I never was into DD's and then got talked into it and play them now and for the most part like them. Chung Mu has been just a blast. What a great little DD. YY is a big let down tbh. Again, I know they nerfed it recently but I didn't pay much attention to what they did (still haven't gone and looked so don't know) as I didn't have it yet so it wouldn't affect me. Was YY actually better than CM pre nerf? Did they take a nerf sledgehammer to it or something? This thing is just not as good.

Very disappointed in it...:Smile_sad:

[WORX]
Members
2,574 posts
13,970 battles

Its a step forward in how you play the YY in its nerf state. From what I understand, WOWS believes if the community relearns the new YY, its more capable in its tier. 

I am disappointed in the whole idea of WOWS doing away with certain play styles at tier 10. The nerfing of the YY and every DD like her only confirms my suspicions.

One of the reasons I stay away from tier 10. Lack of variety in play styles only concludes to boring stale game play. Ouch ! not for met

Edited by Navalpride33

[PVE]
Members
7,252 posts
12,516 battles
6 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Its a step forward in how you play the YY in its nerf state. From what I understand, WOWS believes if the community relearns the new YY, its more capable in its tier. 

I am disappointed in the whole idea of WOWS doing away with certain play styles at tier 10. The nerfing of the YY and every DD like her only confirms my suspicions.

One of the reasons I stay away from tier 10. Lack of variety in play styles only concludes to boring stale game play. Ouch ! not for met

At least make the Chung Mu torps standard with the longer range and reload ones options like with Gearing.

[WORX]
Members
2,574 posts
13,970 battles
3 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

At least make the Chung Mu torps standard with the longer range and reload ones options like with Gearing.

Then it would not be PA-DDs. lol

[USCC2]
Members
4,432 posts

The YY was too strong against other DDs, so WG had to nerf her; to have raised other DDs would have been.....intolerable for the majority of the community. :Smile_Default:

[PVE]
Members
7,252 posts
12,516 battles
55 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Then it would not be PA-DDs. lol

Would still be PA DD if t had Chung Mu 10.5km fast reloading tops as the standard ones and then the longer reload and range ones YY has now as the option. Gearing has that setup now with a shorter and longer torp option. So does Shima (has 3 torp options as I recall).

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
9,328 posts
15,768 battles
1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I can't say the same for CM vs YY. Just feels like a HUGE step backwards.

Check out this You Tube video by Jingles of Flambas running amok in his Chung Mu; this pretty much sums up your argument nicely I think.

[WORX]
Members
2,574 posts
13,970 battles
Just now, AdmiralThunder said:

Would still be PA DD if t had Chung Mu 10.5km fast reloading tops as the standard ones and then the longer reload and range ones YY has now as the option. Gearing has that setup now with a shorter and longer torp option. So does Shima (has 3 torp options as I recall).

As I pointed out, WOWS is doing away with this ^^^ kind of play style. I can only predict he play style meta at tier 10 will get old fast...

[WOLFK]
[WOLFK]
Members
116 posts
13,753 battles

From my view point  post nerf...   there is no real reason to push beyond the ChungMu to the YY if your primary focus is randoms.   As I've indicated on other YY threads, it can still be effective in day to day randoms post nerf (and I still enjoy playing it) BUT there is nothing it does better than the Chung right now.   Having the extra range on the torps is nice in some situations but for the most part I find the faster reload of the torps on the Chung makes it more usable.   The Chung also has equal or better DMP over time given the same build on each capt/ship (I have not done the math but that is my perception from running both ships)

If very coordinated team play is your focus then the YY running radar can be very powerful when working in coordination with another dd and supporting cruisers.   working with a gearing, z-52, or daring in particular I've found.

[PVE]
Members
7,252 posts
12,516 battles
2 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

As I pointed out, WOWS is doing away with this ^^^ kind of play style. I can only predict he play style meta at tier 10 will get old fast...

What playstyle is that? Closer to the reds than the map border?

[PLPT]
Members
826 posts
7,965 battles

I’ve mothballed my YY and put my 19-point captain back on the Chung Mu. I really don’t see any reason to get the YY right now, smh. It’s a disgrace, and I wish I could have my perma-camo money back. :Smile-angry: For the way I play, Chung Mu is strictly better than the nerfed Yueyang.

Edited by n00bot

[H_]
Members
341 posts
8,350 battles

Admiral, I'm just like you I just got the YY and honestly I've been disappointed. Granted I've yet to play it enough to really learn it's nuances but right off the top I like the Chung much better. 

Figured I'd give it a shot, thinking I should have save the Silver..  Not sure if i'll ever get through the Legendary mission. 

I"ll keep it.. probably.

Strangely enough I got the Z-52 also and the same thing there, I really like the Z-46 more.. go figure..

Sign in to follow this