You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Xanshin

The Pinkpocalypse!

29 comments in this topic

[SPCU]
Members
554 posts
4,697 battles

I've been seeing a lot more pinks lately... had a random match just recently where there were 5 of them... all on my team(none of them me tyvm)... zero on oppositions side. It has been increasing noticeably lately. That or my eyes are bleeding from too much wows... :cap_wander:

Anyone else seeing a weird uptick in pinkery or is it just me?

[SUCIT]
Members
977 posts
3,970 battles
Just now, Xanshin said:

I've been seeing a lot more pinks lately... had a random match just recently where there were 5 of them... all on my team(none of them me tyvm)... zero on oppositions side. It has been increasing noticeably lately. That or my eyes are bleeding from too much wows... :cap_wander:

You can't see pinks on the other team.  

• Cool 2

[SPCU]
Members
554 posts
4,697 battles
Just now, XpliCT_ said:

You can't see pinks on the other team.  

Not even during the matchup load-in screen? I never knew that. Danke. :Smile_honoring:

Members
1,501 posts
7,780 battles

They've made it so easy to go pink now, it's ridiculous. Pink used to just be for team KILLERS, but now if an ally catches just a few if your shells you'll turn pink for a few matches. 

• Boring 1

[-BUI-]
Members
561 posts
2,537 battles
19 minutes ago, Xanshin said:

No more than usual, but as is known, "pink happens".    I got a 2 game pink the other day because a friendly Mass decided it was a great idea to charge into a contested point....he ate all my torpedoes.    :fish_palm:

[KSE]
Members
7,725 posts
8,051 battles
1 minute ago, Gen_Saris said:

They've made it so easy to go pink now, it's ridiculous. Pink used to just be for team KILLERS, but now if an ally catches just a few if your shells you'll turn pink for a few matches. 

Ah, no.

You have to do consistent damage to allies over time, or outright sink one, aside from being "afk", which is actually the real problem. Getting DC'd or the client/server crashing gets you pink, too.

[SPCU]
Members
554 posts
4,697 battles
4 minutes ago, dangergranger said:

Put your curser over the other teams name before the match and it will show if they are pink .

Good intel. TY TY.

[SPCU]
Members
554 posts
4,697 battles
1 minute ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

Ah, no.

You have to do consistent damage to allies over time, or outright sink one, aside from being "afk", which is actually the real problem. Getting DC'd or the client/server crashing gets you pink, too.

Unless it was one HE shell & a fire.

Members
928 posts
2,399 battles
25 minutes ago, Xanshin said:

Doesn't it fill you with great ease when you see that many on your team?

Members
1,501 posts
7,780 battles
1 minute ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

Ah, no.

I'm sorry, that is incorrect. You've got to do a certain amount of damage to them... either all at once or collectively through a match. You don't need to sink anyone, just let them catch one torp or one good AP shell. 

• Cool 1

[SPCU]
Members
554 posts
4,697 battles
Just now, Krupp_Sabot said:

Doesn't it fill you with great ease when you see that many on your team?

FML may possibly have gone through my mind... possibly...:cap_tea:

[G0ATS]
[G0ATS]
Members
1,151 posts
6,896 battles

Holy crap, I've always seen pinks on one team mainly. I'm wondering if it actually exposes shenannigins in the match maker, proof it steers you to 50% winrate? Why else would pinks end up on the same team all the time? TKing will cause you to lose more often, so then they get put on a stronger team when they're both waiting in the matchmaking monitor. 

You can't see pinks on the other team, heh.

Edited by HorrorRoach
  • Funny 1

[FML]
Members
2,123 posts
11,185 battles
8 minutes ago, Xanshin said:

FML may possibly have gone through my mind... possibly...:cap_tea:

What?! What did we do to you?!? It must have been rough, in a not enjoyable kinda way. 

[SPCU]
Members
554 posts
4,697 battles
3 minutes ago, UltimateNewbie said:

What?! What did we do to you?!? It must have been rough, in a not enjoyable kinda way. 

Shivering in terror or antici....pation. I think we actually won the match so whatever pinked them they were well behaved for me. 

As far as I recall the <fml> folks are all gentlemen and scholars.../cough

Edited by Xanshin

[FML]
Members
2,123 posts
11,185 battles
Just now, Xanshin said:

Shivering in terror or antici....pation. I think we actually won the match so whatever pinked them they were well behaved for me. 

Very good :-)

[SPV]
Members
156 posts
3,632 battles
25 minutes ago, Gen_Saris said:

True that. Me and another cruiser double teamed a battleship. Launched a spread of torps that the enemy BB ate. Unfortunately one missed and somehow nicked my impromptu buddy. In my defense he wasn't in the line of fire when I launched. He didn't get sunk or have any hard feelings but I got pinked for it.

[GUYS]
Alpha Tester
2,718 posts
3,608 battles
27 minutes ago, Zenn3k said:

No more than usual, but as is known, "pink happens".    I got a 2 game pink the other day because a friendly Mass decided it was a great idea to charge into a contested point....he ate all my torpedoes.    :fish_palm:

We all do our best to avoid being pink but honestly? If I go pink due to an accident I nolonger care. It's happened, like, a total of 3 to 5 times and it's just not worth it to worry about it.

[KRAK]
Members
1,999 posts
14,613 battles

2 minutes ago, CTMAADawson said:

True that. Me and another cruiser double teamed a battleship. Launched a spread of torps that the enemy BB ate. Unfortunately one missed and somehow nicked my impromptu buddy. In my defense he wasn't in the line of fire when I launched. He didn't get sunk or have any hard feelings but I got pinked for it.

You were at fault. Never launch torps that could possibly " nick" anyone on your team. A well deserved pink for you.

• Cool 1

[SPV]
Members
156 posts
3,632 battles
Just now, Vaffu said:

You were at fault. Never launch torps that could possibly " nick" anyone on your team. A well deserved pink for you.

The BB was to my 1 o'clock. The Cruiser was to my 5. Thought he was well behind me. Not he was right next to the guy and I launched regardless.

[KRAK]
Members
1,999 posts
14,613 battles
Just now, CTMAADawson said:

The BB was to my 1 o'clock. The Cruiser was to my 5. Thought he was well behind me. Not he was right next to the guy and I launched regardless.

Like I said. Well deserved pink for you. :Smile-_tongue:

[KSE]
Members
7,725 posts
8,051 battles
27 minutes ago, Gen_Saris said:

I'm sorry, that is incorrect. You've got to do a certain amount of damage to them... either all at once or collectively through a match. You don't need to sink anyone, just let them catch one torp or one good AP shell. 

Ah, no. You're the one who is incorrect. I haven't been pink in well over a year, my shells stray and hit people who cross in front of me all the time, because Im zoomed in and dont see them.

Yes, a certain percent will do it, you're wrong as to what it is, however. You've either got to A) Sink them, B) Really hurt them, or C) Consistently damage your allies.

Since you're complaining about it, clearly you hit your allies all the time. The problem isn't the system, the problem is you.

• Funny 1

[SPV]
Members
156 posts
3,632 battles
8 minutes ago, Vaffu said:

Like I said. Well deserved pink for you. :Smile-_tongue:

Ok wise guy. Catch me in random. How bow dah? :cap_rambo::Smile_izmena:

Edited by CTMAADawson

[AFW-]
Members
262 posts
10,763 battles

i had 5 games this week were the game didnt go past the loading screen. 2 of them got me pink. 1 for 3 games and then next for 1 game.