You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
General_Strom

Need help picking ships for CW

5 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
273 posts
2,803 battles

I do not get much time to play and get about 20 to 25k exp each night I can play.  I am in a casual clan that want to CW.  As such I really do not have time to get to a lot of tier tens. I have the tier 9 US BB and several tier 8 ships.  What ships would you folks recommend under these conditions?  I really like BBs and CA CLs  but would like a dd option too.

[WOLF9]
Members
7,587 posts
3,228 battles

I'd talk to your clan and see what it needs.  CW isn't an individual sport.

Members
1,577 posts
8,059 battles

Agreed, you should fill in with what your clan needs..  My clan most often runs Shimikaze, DeMoines, G. Kurfurst and Yamato, with the occasional Worcester, Minotaur or Hindenburg

[WOLF2]
Members
1,160 posts
8,217 battles

Don't forget the rentals.  Play a T8 match, and it should provide you with three free T10 rentals.   Current loaners are the Yamato, Hindenburg, and Gearing.    A good way to get your feet wet in a DD, cruiser, or BB.

You can't mount camo on 'em, but hey.... if your clan is casual, who needs camo?  Get out there, get some seat time in CW, and have fun.

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,983 posts
4,845 battles

Grozovoi is a great destroyer for you if you're not used to the line. That Heal makes it perfect for contesting flanks, and bullying people...