You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
needlenoses4

Windowing And Discord

20 comments in this topic

[LHG]
Members
94 posts
7,070 battles

Trying to set up Discord for clan battles;  to get into Discord while playing I figure I should be set up as Windowed; wont do it.  Get a blank black screen.  Restart the game and it goes back to Full screen windowed where I cant access anything outside the game.  Might be a setting that I don't know about.  Help please.

[ONAVY]
Members
960 posts
7,187 battles

I always have to Alt+Tab to get to other programs and then return to the game....having a dual monitor helps as you can get whatever you want on one screen situated then return to the game screen.

• Cool 1

[SS238]
[SS238]
Members
170 posts
23,961 battles
7 minutes ago, C_D said:

I always have to Alt+Tab to get to other programs and then return to the game....having a dual monitor helps as you can get whatever you want on one screen situated then return to the game screen.

What he said

[INR]
Members
223 posts
6,029 battles

https://support.restream.io/restream-chat/legacy-chat-application/how-to-connect-discord-to-restream-chat

While I use Restream chat for twitch and youtube, it can be set up for discord as well from what I can tell. 

A youtube that might be applicable on the chat window over the game thing, if thats what you're after

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,050 posts
10,122 battles

Discord on PC has always been made of wet cardboard and failure. I gave up long ago getting it to run on my main PC.

It runs on my phone just fine as well as on my secondary PC.

[ARRGG]
Members
4,831 posts
7,976 battles

Before launching Wows I start Discord make sure I’m on the Clan battle channel and then just start Wows ... that’s it for me works great

[LHG]
Members
94 posts
7,070 battles

It's just the other players are after me to getting Discord up and running for clan and regular battles.  I will try what was said and get back to you.  Thanks.  Always learning or trying to learn. me an old guy.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
680 posts
5,879 battles

I use discord for clan battles. Start it prior to using wows.

Also run the overlay to see who is speaking. 

I run in windowless full screen so when i alt tab the game still displays just with the other windows on top.

[XBRTC]
Members
2,274 posts
8,217 battles

Set WoWs to Windowed/Borderless, rather than full screen. IT will still take up the full screen, but you can alt-tab away or hit the windows key without it having to shift screen modes. You won't get that long black blank screen in between programs.

[KRAK]
Members
1,998 posts
14,613 battles
1 hour ago, needlenoses4 said:

Trying to set up Discord for clan battles;  to get into Discord while playing I figure I should be set up as Windowed; wont do it.  Get a blank black screen.  Restart the game and it goes back to Full screen windowed where I cant access anything outside the game.  Might be a setting that I don't know about.  Help please.

Hmm. I am able to hit the Windows key and switch between programs in full screen and/or windowed mode.

Beta Testers
1,571 posts
9,646 battles

I have been using Discord with WoW for quite a while.  I have never had any problems with it.  As has been said, you can use ALT-TAB to switch between windows and/or run it on a different monitor (assuming you have dual screens).  For voice programs, you sometimes have to run the voice program "as an Administrator" to make sure that your push-to-talk key is not overridden.  Especially in the latter case, it is always best to start Discord first, then start the game.

[LHG]
Members
94 posts
7,070 battles

First off, in the screen I have up, ALT/TAB works just fine; will try the WINDOWS KEY also.  As for Discord, I started it before WOW and it shows "Nobody is playing anything right now".  Did show at one point that I had been playing previously; update - push to talk is checked and the WINDOWS KEY brings up the large programs page, but I can get at everthing on the task bar so that is a good thing.  Looks like discord it not seeing me running in WOW at this point.

[1STBG]
Members
1,140 posts
4,845 battles

Have you:

A) Downloaded the discord app, as opposed to running it in your browser?

B) Actually joined your clan's server within discord?  

Once you do those, there are both chat channels and voice channels.  They're customizable so no way to tell how your clan's discord admin set them up but they should be pretty obvious. 

[LHG]
Members
94 posts
7,070 battles

downloaded discord and it is running minimized on the task bar;  I done see any server within discord   nadda; so I see no channels chat or voice; is just doesn't see me at all.

[LHG]
Members
94 posts
7,070 battles

interesting;  was invited into a 2 person division and all of a sudden we are talking using the V key.  I don't see that it had anything at all to do with Discord; still not seeing me!!

But now I found this out!!

discord2.jpg

Edited by needlenoses4
more data

[ARRGG]
Members
4,831 posts
7,976 battles
2 hours ago, needlenoses4 said:

It's just the other players are after me to getting Discord up and running for clan and regular battles.  I will try what was said and get back to you.  Thanks.  Always learning or trying to learn. me an old guy.

From one old guy to another I know the feeling, it was a bit of a challenge for me also luckily I think you’ll find that Discord is user friendly and your Clan was my best resource.. good luck 

[LHG]
Members
94 posts
7,070 battles

feel for an old young old guy that I am getting ever so close.  Hook up with the clan tonight hopefully for a dry test run.  only gentle killings.  Thanks;  will let all know what happens.

Al the old guy!!