You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Gneisenau013

Mission Briefing Monday - Weekend Sitrep

22 comments in this topic

[WGA]
Administrator, Developers
1,049 posts
6,617 battles

Image result for navy port of call world war 2 sydney

*pictured - HMS Sutherland pulls into Port Jackson on her visit to Sydney, Australia on 3/9/2018*

Which warship did you sail into battle the most this past weekend?

Whether it was random battles, coop, twilight, or clan battles, we all had our go-to ship(s) to take the fight to the enemy fleet.

These ships were not just used because of the XP/credit grind but because they are genuinely fun ships to take command of and lay down gunfire or launch torpedoes.

Of all of the ships in your fleet, which ones got the call this past weekend to defend your honor on the high seas?

"When you're in command, command." - Chester Nimitz, US Navy

#missionbriefingmonday

#anchorsaweigh

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
7,288 posts
10,477 battles

This week end was all about Worcester and Desmoines. Trying to finally finish the Halsey campaign. Just about done on the last task now.

• Cool 1

[SAVAG]
[SAVAG]
Members
323 posts

Ran my Neptune and my GK. Working on their 17th and 18th point captains repsectively.

• Cool 1

Members
2,438 posts
6,717 battles

Daring and Fiji for me... with special guest appearance of HMS Warspite made up the bulk of my weekend's matches

• Cool 1

[FGNE]
Members
494 posts
2,807 battles

D. Donskoi... only 10k XP to unlock Moskva now!

(will be my first T10)

Edited by CO_Valle
  • Cool 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
17,519 posts
10,213 battles

For clan battles it was the Hindenburg but for co-op and randoms it varied mostly based on ships I am leveling that still had the bonus.

• Cool 1

[SOUP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,018 posts
3 hours ago, Gneisenau013 said:

Which warship did you sail into battle the most this past weekend?

Does editing google docs and writing scripts all weekend count?   XD

• Funny 2

[WOLF9]
Members
7,650 posts
3,254 battles

Iron Duke. Both to get rid of it and to grind the UK ships mission thingy.

Worst performing ship this weekend?  Podvoisky.  I know it's a good ship but so far I haven't been able to make it work.

• Cool 1

[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,796 posts
5,040 battles

Mogami.  Had to try out more of the octopus camo and since I got Hindeburg and Harugumo I'm severely neglecting my Cruiser grind. 

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
2,343 posts
19,730 battles

Start w/1st win for Atlanta so if any later battles come up short on daily base XP requirements (you know...the 1153 base XP on the 1200 base XP mission) I can run a quick Atlanta co-op to finish it off.

Then I just run my grinds (presently: Jervis/Lyon/Chung Mu/Kiev/Tashkent/& Haragumu) & Mino for legendary upgrade for 1st wins...which one gets the most battles for the day (as always) is determined on which 1 takes the longest to get it's 1st win.

This past weekend was probably the Jervis although I've been having a streak of top 3 finishes on losing teams in most every ship for the past 2 weeks.

Almost done w/the Lyon (sniff)...gonna miss the trollish 16 barrel dev striking machine when it's finished...one of those ships that makes you hope there are a lot of radar on the red team because short of the Missouri it makes for all sorts of dev strikable cruisers (& it doesn't have any problems dev striking radar DDs either...actually stands it's own against the Missouri too...although it doesn't dev strike them as easily as the rest of the radar ship options).

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos
  • Cool 1

Members
261 posts
11,791 battles

Random battles, i jump all over the place. I did a lot of battles in the scenario of the week. In clan war i started with Salem. but switched back to Des Moines. I found having the Des's hydro worked out.   you'd have to give up radar on  Salem to slot hydro.  

Of course, one of those clan matches i got taken out by 3 rental Hindi's.. Or should i say the massive wall of torps from angles i never imagined possible.  I still wake up in a fright reaching for a non-existent life jacket. Soo many torps.

• Cool 1

[NPG]
Members
88 posts
2,400 battles

Everyone else is mostly saying higher tiers and here I am trolling around in my texas because of the daily missions and it's what I've been using to increase my bank account. The thing has been power creeped but I'm growing quite fond of it.

• Cool 1

[WGA]
Administrator, Developers
1,049 posts
6,617 battles
15 hours ago, Octavian_of_Roma said:

NC. Tier 8s demise has been greatly over exaggerated. Also I ran into you @Gneisenau013 and @Navalpride33 in the same game Sunday. We won, I protect your DD from enemy DD in my Scharn, GG you 2. 

nc.jpg

I saw that! Appreciated the cooperation!

#anchorsaweigh

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Members
7,650 posts
3,254 battles
17 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Almost done w/the Lyon (sniff)...gonna miss the trollish 16 barrel dev striking machine

When you get done, don't sell him.  There are times when you will want that feel of a shotgun in your hand.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
2,343 posts
19,730 battles
1 hour ago, iDuckman said:

When you get done, don't sell him.  There are times when you will want that feel of a shotgun in your hand.

I sell most all finished T7 & under tree ships (don't sell premiums) as I don't have many port slots for new ships but certain ships will stay in my inventory no matter what...such as:

Black Swan...despite the nerfs it's the only T1 I hold onto (though if I run out of slots I will sell it but if new slots arrive again I'll pick it back up just because) as it's my go-to for pink situations...not that I have many of those...it's been well over a year since my last 1 on regular server although I got 1 on PT about 3 or 4 PTs ago. I know it's only co-op but after 128 battles it's still has 100% win rate & I've only died 3 times...

Kuma...even though I haven't run it since daily mission requirements switched to T5 & above...it's still my 3rd most run ship (1st & 2nd being Gearing & Atlanta). Was my go-to ship for all T4 & above missions before they disappeared...still rules despite the power creep...

Emerald...best T5 DD (when run properly)...

Fiji...not only for the non stop lols but for T7 scenarios it's a bots worst nightmare...& it has my highest WR w/over 100 battles (64%...most any others above 60% WR are less than 20 battles & a lot are 1 game 100%ers)...

Mogami...even before I got lucky & won the Halloween camo for it...it was a keeper. 15 barrels of fire breathing madness. Closest I ever got to ranking out was w/the Mogami exclusively the last T8 only before the T10s...had a 99/65 W/L ratio w/just 1 battle needed to rank out...the fact I slid back down to Rank 4 & only climbed back up to rank 3 before the end was completely user error (staying up all night & getting more & more bent w/each loss instead of just stopping after 6th time of getting back to only 1 game needed & just quitting for the night & coming back at it the next night...before that night after any 2 no push losses in a row I'd quit for the night) & no fault of the Mogami's...

& now...the newest addition to ships that will stay in my inventory no matter what: You guess it...the Lyon (the Lion also holds that prestige but I keep all T9s & above anyway).

There's a few others I can't recall right now that are also keepers but those are the main ones.