Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
n00bot

Worcester Citadel

3 comments in this topic

[PLPT]
Members
820 posts
7,873 battles

So I’ve noticed Worcesters going broadside on purpose.  It just happened to me yesterday in CB, by a unicum Worcester player.  I was in a Des Moines and simply could not find his citadel, although he was sitting broadside going 1/2 speed. AP rounds just overpen and overpen again.  Yes I know to aim in the front because Wooster doesn’t have any citadel to the aft...

Can I just not aim or is the Worcester citadel just broken, i.e. too shallow and low to be effectively hit?

I’ve seen multiple high level Worcester players going broadside on purpose, like they know you can only overpen them, not score a citadel. When that starts to happen, it makes me think the ship is broken (for reasons other than DPM)...

[TASH]
Members
5,027 posts
8,526 battles

The Worcester's draft is lower compared to what she should be, to the point where it's easier to citadel her while turning than while straightlining.

[PNG]
Supertester, Beta Testers
5,777 posts
6,802 battles

The wooster’s citadel at medium to close range is covered by water, making it very difficult to hit. I only use HE on broadside Woosters at less than 8km in my Yamato due to the hit chance on a citadel being about 25% even if it does hit the ship. I’d rather have 8-9K consistent damage and broken guns than high chance of overpens.

Sign in to follow this