You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Legio_X_

When do Santa crates come this month?

21 comments in this topic

[WOLFC]
Members
546 posts
1,556 battles

Sorry this is my first year participating. I searched online but couldn’t find anything for 2018. Any idea?

[MEIST]
Members
959 posts
3,535 battles
17 minutes ago, Legio_X_ said:

Sorry this is my first year participating. I searched online but couldn’t find anything for 2018. Any idea?

It hasn't been said yet.

[WOLF2]
Members
249 posts
4,693 battles
1 minute ago, Trp_81 said:

Last year it was December 20th.

This^.  They dropped on the 20th with the release of patch 0.6.15.  I'd guess that they'll drop this year with patch 0.7.12, probably on the wednesday before Xmas which would be the 19th  (entirely my speculation here based on past evidence).

Edited by real_icebeast
  • Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
7,260 posts
10,432 battles

Don't remember how early but they were available for awhile. So Likely to come with the next patch.

[USCG]
Members
286 posts
13,911 battles

My guess would be around February 5th or so.  I think we have a few more months of Halloween stuff to get through...

• Funny 5

[SIMP]
Members
1,123 posts
Just now, cgbosn4 said:

My guess would be around February 5th or so.  I think we have a few more months of Halloween stuff to get through...

I was just going to say the same thing.

I mean I really love the Halloween events, but come on WG... it's ridiculous how long they go on and on and on.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
12,220 posts
8,459 battles
13 minutes ago, real_icebeast said:

This^.  They dropped on the 20th with the release of patch 0.6.15.  I'd guess that they'll drop this year with patch 0.7.12, probably on the wednesday before Xmas which would be the 19th  (entirely my speculation here based on past evidence).

This is a good guess and I agree. Since 7.12 is looking to be 5 weeks long, the Santa crates *could* stay until Jan 23rd when 8.0 is looking like it will drop.

[-K-]
Members
5,751 posts
9,793 battles
29 minutes ago, real_icebeast said:

Considering 0.7.11 dropped the week of November 20th, if we are still using the 4 week patch cycle, then yes, I'd expect 0.7.12 to drop the week of December 17th.  However, with the holidays being such a big event, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if we seen this patch a bit early (week of December 10th), just to entice players a bit more.  It is a pretty significant patch.

[WOLF2]
Members
249 posts
4,693 battles
6 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Considering 0.7.11 dropped the week of November 20th, if we are still using the 4 week patch cycle, then yes, I'd expect 0.7.12 to drop the week of December 17th.  However, with the holidays being such a big event, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if we seen this patch a bit early (week of December 10th), just to entice players a bit more.  It is a pretty significant patch.

You may be right but we'll see about the crates themselves.  In the past, the crates dropped the Wednesday prior to Xmas (12/20/2017 and 12/21/2016).   They could drop the patch early and release the crates delayed.

[HEROS]
Members
1,497 posts
12,737 battles

Not entirely sure were going to have them this year to tell the truth.  Been a lot of stuff about "loot box" and the mechanics there int his year in the industry and government.

WG way of doing it should be fine.  It's certainly more generous then any other games loot box stuff. (more honest too! and not trying to avoid existing laws around the world on it by obfuscation and double blinds  (ie: con jobs!) )

Still it'll be a bit yet .  If we do have them sometime in the next couple weeks we should know for sure.

[WOLF2]
Members
249 posts
4,693 battles
2 minutes ago, 6thGuardArmy said:

Forgive my ignorance, but how did one gain Santa crates last year, and what were in them?

In general they're purchased and they have decent odds of dropping ships (you could earn a few on occasion).

Here is last year's post.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/deals/we-are-many/

[POD]
Beta Testers
3,284 posts
4,970 battles
2 minutes ago, 6thGuardArmy said:

Forgive my ignorance, but how did one gain Santa crates last year, and what were in them?

you could  win some for free,the crates are currently considered the best crates when it comes to cost benefit. they have a chance to drop a premium ship,even removed ones like kutuzov,belfast,nikolai,GC and kamikazes,maybe even GZ.

[WOLFC]
Members
546 posts
1,556 battles
1 minute ago, Cruxdei said:

you could  win some for free,the crates are currently considered the best crates when it comes to cost benefit. they have a chance to drop a premium ship,even removed ones like kutuzov,belfast,nikolai,GC and kamikazes,maybe even GZ.

I hear Missouri will be in them this year.

[WOLFC]
Members
546 posts
1,556 battles
12 minutes ago, TL_Warlord_Roff said:

Not entirely sure were going to have them this year to tell the truth.  Been a lot of stuff about "loot box" and the mechanics there int his year in the industry and government.

WG way of doing it should be fine.  It's certainly more generous then any other games loot box stuff. (more honest too! and not trying to avoid existing laws around the world on it by obfuscation and double blinds  (ie: con jobs!) )

Still it'll be a bit yet .  If we do have them sometime in the next couple weeks we should know for sure.

Until nations out right ban loot boxes, they will be here this year.

[POD]
Beta Testers
3,284 posts
4,970 battles
Just now, Legio_X_ said:

missouri is part of the SC,now,i don't know if santa crates use the premium ship list of SC. i'm sure WG will make sure that santa crates drop it.

[ERN]
[ERN]
Members
620 posts
8,592 battles

Don't know really, but it will likely be the next patch.

I can't wait for the campaign!!!

[PVE]
Members
12,220 posts
8,459 battles
26 minutes ago, TL_Warlord_Roff said:

Santa crates are set to be awards for campaigns in patch 7.12 and for Clan Battles. 

rKL1r4K.jpg

The "Belle Époque" Collection collection has a Santa crate as a reward.

The Steel Monsters purchasable campaign will have Santa crats as a reward.

14 minutes ago, Legio_X_ said:

Supercontainers will have Missouri, not sure if Santa crates will too. Possible.

Members
2,757 posts
11,725 battles
1 hour ago, 6thGuardArmy said:

Frosty fir, frosty fir and more frosty fir.